• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy mother of god! They sent me a f###ing message!

They're pissed they didn't complete the Archon Priest bounty because by the time their @$$es moved, he was dead. They're threatening to report me. I told them to do so cause I got nothing to lose.
what are they going to report, that they were afk'ing and they missed out on the opportunity to complete the bounty because of said lack of action?
freekin morons.

Newboi

Desired guns that still allude me in Destiny:

Hawkmoon
Vex Mythoclast
Atheon's Epilogue
Black Hammer
Word of Crota
Thunderlord

I started playing Destiny again around the end of January and I only have 1 Character, but seeing that I've been unable to get the guns I desire regardless how many times I do the Vault of Glass or Crota on Normal/Hard, I'm finally caving and making a second character.

I don't feel like grinding for materials again though, so I'm making another Hunter. I might even make a third one, though I do have some exotic pieces for a Titan...

Frostburn

Hawkmoon
Vex Mythoclast
Atheon's Epilogue
Black Hammer
Word of Crota
Thunderlord

I started playing Destiny again around the end of January and I only have 1 Character, but seeing that I've been unable to get the guns I desire regardless how many times I do the Vault of Glass or Crota on Normal/Hard, I'm finally caving and making a second character.

I don't feel like grinding for materials again though, so I'm making another Hunter. I might even make a third one, though I do have some exotic pieces for a Titan...

Make one of each, seriously, not only do you triple your chances for everything once you get them all leveled and geared up but you might find you even enjoy one over your main or just enjoy playing them all.

Gjallarhorn

I'm missing a Crux still and 4th Horseman as well, been playing since Alpha.

Guys I can feel it

I'm going to get a 4th horseman this week
And I'm also gonna get a Gjallahorn

But I'm going to dismantle my first Gjallahorn

Newboi

Make one of each, seriously, not only do you triple your chances for everything once you get them all leveled and geared up but you might find you even enjoy one over your main or just enjoy playing them all.

Yeah, I know it might be better in the end to make three different character classes, but farming for materials to get each character to 32 will be really really annoying. This will be made more manageable with House of Wolves though I guess...

ocean

Banned
Do you think Exotics that drop post-HoW will have the new streamlined upgrade setup? I.e no attack/defense bubbles, only perks and the Ascend node.

Hawkmoon
Vex Mythoclast
Atheon's Epilogue
Black Hammer
Word of Crota
Thunderlord

make one of each. in the early days folks made 3 of the same class to get the gear for level 30. this is no longer an issue. CE is much more forgiving with gear than VOG. its totally worth it to be able to run all the end game content 3x each week. youll have the missing stuff in no time.

I started with a titan loved it, but then I started a hunter and it became the one I dedicate most of my time to. I then made one of each class and dont regret it. I like the way each one plays. you might find something awesome. The only issue you will run into is class materials. it wont be so bad now thuogh as HoW has drastically decreased the amount of materials needed for upgrading.

Sorry deku :p

m2VL9n.gif

I started with a titan loved it, but then I started a hunter and it became the one I dedicate most of my time to. I then made one of each class and dont regret it. I like the way each one plays. you might find something awesome. The only issue you will run into is class materials. it wont be so bad now thuogh as HoW has drastically decreased the amount of materials needed for upgrading.

Yeah, I did the same. I had 2 titans, with a warlock on the side, but I deleted a warlock to level up with a friend(Which never happened.) When I rejoined, I leveled up my warlock to max, and maxed out my hunter a couple of weeks ago. It definitely is more fun having different classes.

Guys I can feel it

I'm going to get a 4th horseman this week
And I'm also gonna get a Gjallahorn

But I'm going to dismantle my first Gjallahorn

sacrifice the horn to the gods so more will drop for all the hornless guardians.

edit: oops, guess im still on post HoW info time

Yeah, I did the same. I had 2 titans, with a warlock on the side, but I deleted a warlock to level up with a friend(Which never happened.) When I rejoined, I leveled up my warlock to max, and maxed out my hunter a couple of weeks ago. It definitely is more fun having different classes.

I love me the hunter. I dont play crucible often but when I do, I like the hunter. the blink jump is awesome.

some guy: imma shoot you
me: *blink away*
some guy: whered he go!
me: over here! *bang bang* your dead warlock!
some guy: *revive* a million grenades comming your way sucka!
me: *blink again* sorry friend, gotta go! weeeeeeeee

I still suck at crucible, but this is fun

border

The only weapons I have to level up now are Exotics -- which sucks because it feels like a waste to complete all these missions and have the XP only count towards a single weapon. Are any of the Vanguard or Crucible weapons really worth picking up? I'd like to at least be leveling 2 weapons at the same time (preferably 3).

I already have 3 variants of the LDR, as well as all the raid weapons.

little red hood

images

I dont know that much about batman

Batman's second robin is a villain so he would probably be the new villain

The only weapons I have to level up now are Exotics -- which sucks because it feels like a waste to complete all these missions and have the XP only count towards a single weapon. Are any of the Vanguard or Crucible weapons really worth picking up? I'd like to at least be leveling 2 weapons at the same time (preferably 3).

Didnt the exp divides between the leveling weapons?

ocean

Banned

Secret Handshake and Against All Odds are fantastic.

I got Bh for solar but an arc ldr and a void ldr. after HoW i probably wont need the void one since 365 PR is making a come back. oh yeah. havnt fired that gun in awhile.

you have 3 weeks to get your hands on the satriene rapier. althuogh I dont think its worth it anymore post HoW. secret handshake from the vendor as well. I think it has shot package, mine does but I didnt get it from the vendor

ocean

Banned
Batman's second robin is a villain so he would probably be the new villain

Didnt the exp divides between the leveling weapons?
No, this was an early myth. All your weapons and armor get the same amount of XP, it's not split. If you have multiple things to upgrade, equip them all at once!

another exotic armors worth maxing before HoW. I havnt really used much of them but wondering whats worth leveling at this point in time.
I currnelty have maxed for a titan:
saint 14
armentarium
skullfort
hunter:
symboite
MotTM
warlock:
obsidian mind
HoPF
LBN

blazeuk

Looking to do normal or hard Crota runs or anyone with Deathsinger checkpoint.
PS4 Kaijuseijin

I can help out if you're doing normal crota and you need another person.

Just played a skirmish game, which I rarely do, it feels like such a different kind of game when it's only 3v3, I wasn't too fond of the idea of ToO being 3v3 but I really should play it more, it's much less chaotic compared to 6v6.

GlamFM

Banned
I can help out if you're doing normal crota and you need another person.

Just played a skirmish game, which I rarely do, it feels like such a different kind of game when it's only 3v3, I wasn't too fond of the idea of ToO being 3v3 but I really should play it more, it's much less chaotic compared to 6v6.

Sounds like we're 4 for normal Crota. Should be enough. Anybody got a deathsinger cp?

M3Rocket

What we got is worthless. At 250 rep per Commendation, considering each level is 2500 Rep, this basically means each level up is now 10% faster. Not an important or significant reduction IMO but whatever.

I still feel Vendors should accept Vanguard Marks or allow some conversion rate from V-C.

Yep. Not sure why Goth or DeeJ thought this was such "HUGE" news. Those commendations were earned with lots of rep. Basically, you get 10 cents on the dollar for all that work. Not sure why they even bother other than to get those commendations out of the game economy altogether.

It is quite perplexing as to why PvE players only get one vendor to get weapons from whereas PvP players get 4 vendors.

Deku Tree

Dear Deej,

Can you answer this question: If I have a half leveled exotic from before HoW then do I need to fill it with experience, and fill it with an exotic shard to max all the nodes, and also use another exotic shard to ascend it to 42 light for an armor or 365 attack for a weapon? Or do the last four upgrade nodes not matter for light level and attack values anymore once HoW arrives?

THX!
Deku

Iceman829

its pretty bad when people use exploits to get around earning the rep the hard way during IB

Myself I'll probably pass on IB. just too many hours required to hit rank 4 no matter how good you are

* Now I will participate casually though. but will probably stop at rank 1 like I've done the past few IBs

that's nice. i'll buy an extra helmet and shard it for you.

Someone said they were looking to start it later in the day, so I'll just level my characters up to rank 4/5 like I always have and be done with this game on Saturday. I've never seen people get mad and complain about digital items that have zero effect on the way you play the game. w/e makes you happy

Sounds like we're 4 for normal Crota. Should be enough. Anybody got a deathsinger cp?
i think akafullmetal posted at the top of the page that they were looking to raid too... just a suggestion :D

edit: hey, what a coinky-dink! a top-of-page post about a top-of-page post!

just a pic of some buffalo wings i made the other night...
3QgH7PT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom