• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Hawkmoon still sounds like cats having an orgy out by the trashcans.

Today's Defender Titan Crucible Bounties in order of completion brought to you by, Rerun :]
✔ That's How I Roll - Earn 5 Multikill medals. Very easy. Believe it took two matches. Three tops.
✔ In the Zone - Capture 10 Zones in Control. Also very easy.
✔ Dominion - Complete 5 Control Matches. A bit of a grind, but easy.
Forged in Fire - Win 3 Crucible Matches. WOAH, hold on there. Slow your roll lil buddy. What's the rush?
uRMDEbi.jpg

I'll do sword.

It was a LFG group I think, and they kept on dying, everyone left.

I'm not saying Raid MM is a bad idea, but I am saying there were 20 minutes between these posts.

Anyway, so it's nice to be back. I've missed you guys.

Welcome back Kor! Good to see you posting again. Hopefully we can get some IB or ToO action with some Gaf trains.

Edit: also agree w you about Bastion. We did one match yesterday that was kinda entertainingly silly. I basically camped the heavy spawns and used Truth as my primary. Main thing for the huge maps is they should have reduced the score limit. Any PvP round that hits the time limit is a snooze fest and in my experience that happens a lot on Bastion and Sky Shock. Just takes too long to find enemies.

I'm not saying Raid MM is a bad idea, but I am saying there were 20 minutes between these posts..

That really isn't a reliable bellwether for an argument against matchmaking. I've beaten most of my Crota HM clears with an LFG group. Sometimes you do get crappy groups, but at this point, the majority of them can beat it on the first or second try.

*snip*
Haha yeah we could do some fun "learning" matches for sure. I've been thinking about making a simple "basics of Control" post for IB coming up. Hopefully I'm not too lazy to actually do it.

One of the first tips would be: Ignore the scoreboard. Most of what matters for team success doesn't show up there.
is it unreasonable to think that my pitiful k/d could partially be contributed to the quality of the team? since you guys were blowing things up, the teams with whom we were matched were also quality players, leading to more deaths on the part of the lesser-abled players? XD

Speaking of Raid MM, anyone want to raid right now?
can't now, but would you be interested in killing Crota 3x on HM? i have the CPs on all characters. 9pm EDT?

gunawi

Just finished killing Xyor solo part of the thorn bounty and kill 200 with fusion rifle for pocket infinity bounty. Now I have all 5 exotic bounties completed accross 3 character ready to be submitted once HOW hit.

Deku Tree

Just finished killing Xyor solo part of the thorn bounty and kill 200 with fusion rifle for pocket infinity bounty. Now I have all 5 exotic bounties completed accross 3 character ready to be submitted once HOW hit.
with the new system this may no longer be needed.

is it unreasonable to think that my pitiful k/d could partially be contributed to the quality of the team? since you guys were blowing things up, the teams with whom we were matched were also quality players, leading to more deaths on the part of the lesser-abled players? XD

can't now, but would you be interested in killing Crota 3x on HM? i have the CPs on all characters. 9pm EDT?

I can't do any gaming past 8, but thanks. Right now it's time for the crucible
lag
train!

I've been trying to do that last part of the thorn bounty forever and can't get through it solo at all dammit.

stb

anyone need to do nightfall and weekly 30, or just wants to tag along for shits and giggles? I need 2 of each.

PSN berried_treasure

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn busy day today. I will be sending out links in just over an hour for Sword School. It's very possible there will be people who can't make it so keep your eyes peeled here if you are interested.

vctor182

My titan is lvl 31 now after reaching 20 I had all his gear ready, it just took some time to get the necessary class mats. I'm leveling a monte carlo with him, pretty fun auto rifle. I was 20 before going to mars so as soon as I equipped my gear and jumped straight to 28 I was able to do all the missions for lvl 30, giving me 7.5k exp each!

Oh and I had him do his first normal crota raid and got my second black hammer!

anyone need to do nightfall and weekly 30, or just wants to tag along for shits and giggles? I need 2 of each.

PSN berried_treasure
i need 2 weekly heroics but i'm figuring you've already done them by this point?
edit: didn't realize so little time had passed. can't get on for about another hour. so if you don't find someone with whom to do them, i'll be available at 9 EDT. thanks!

Ghazi

I've been trying to do that last part of the thorn bounty forever and can't get through it solo at all dammit.
Hey, it's pretty difficult, even in a group. Would recommend asking for some help here or using LFG (there's a section for Xyor).

I'd help myself, if you're on the One.

We need a custom games. Bungie please.

I would love weekend Neogaf PvP practice groups.

V_V
i concur. part the reason we may not, is that bounties could then be totally cheesed.
imagine someone getting 12 of their friends together, and having them just stand around getting killed for someone to do their thorn bounty....

ocean

Banned
i concur. part the reason we may not, is that bounties could then be totally cheesed.
imagine someone getting 12 of their friends together, and having them just stand around getting killed for someone to do their thorn bounty....
You can already do that in rumble though no?

ocean

Banned
I think there might be a party size limit. Well, there'd be one of they were smart about it.
Limited to 3 people but if you wanna be sleazy it's still a dead-simple way to get avoid kills or sniper headshots or whatever I suppose. Never done this but I've played matches where jerks are feeding kills to a friend.

So what? Nearly every other game has custom matchmaking for pvp. They can very easily have a custom game mode where bounties, marks, rep, xp, etc don't count. No idea why they would refrain from having it.

ocean

Banned
Uhhhh turn it off then?
Yeah, they turn off ammo synth in Crucible and bounties during Raids, I don't think modifying these things would be hard.

Custom games = no bounties, Marks and maybe even rep? Whatever I don't think anyone would care. An all GAF practice team or no super no heavy sessions would be awesome.

Or get this: two teams, two swords.

Primary only match.

So many possibilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom