• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
another exotic armors worth maxing before HoW. I havnt really used much of them but wondering whats worth leveling at this point in time.
I currnelty have maxed for a titan:
saint 14
armentarium
skullfort
hunter:
symboite
MotTM
warlock:
obsidian mind
HoPF
LBN

I would say for Hunter get the Don't Touch Me gauntlets upgraded to at least use the unique perk if you haven't already. They have saved my ass more times than I can remember. I'd probably put them in the top 3 exotic armors for the Hunter class.

Namikaze1

I had forgotten I can block/ignore people just as much as I have forgotten Invective is an exotic. :/

First time doing so in a long while.

Anyway, doing daily. Join in if you want to.

I would say for Hunter get the Don't Touch Me gauntlets if you don't already have them. They have saved my ass more times than I can remember. I'd probably put them in the top 3 exotic armors for the Hunter class.

Oh yeah i have those maxed aswell, only use them in ce thuogh. I have sunbreakers also but only becuase it was the only way my warlock was able to be 32 before those ce guantlets finally dropped

Desired guns that still allude me in Destiny:

Hawkmoon
Vex Mythoclast
Atheon's Epilogue
Black Hammer
Word of Crota
Thunderlord

I started playing Destiny again around the end of January and I only have 1 Character, but seeing that I've been unable to get the guns I desire regardless how many times I do the Vault of Glass or Crota on Normal/Hard, I'm finally caving and making a second character.

I don't feel like grinding for materials again though, so I'm making another Hunter. I might even make a third one, though I do have some exotic pieces for a Titan...
I would recommend making a titan. Having different classes help make the game less repetitive. And Titans are really fun to play with in Pvp. Also warlock sucks ;)

Newboi

make one of each. in the early days folks made 3 of the same class to get the gear for level 30. this is no longer an issue. CE is much more forgiving with gear than VOG. its totally worth it to be able to run all the end game content 3x each week. youll have the missing stuff in no time.

I started with a titan loved it, but then I started a hunter and it became the one I dedicate most of my time to. I then made one of each class and dont regret it. I like the way each one plays. you might find something awesome. The only issue you will run into is class materials. it wont be so bad now thuogh as HoW has drastically decreased the amount of materials needed for upgrading.

It's funny you say this because The only reason I'm level 32 is because I'm wearing a chest piece and boots I got from Iron Banner a month ago. I haven't gotten a head piece or boots to drop from Crota's End yet. If it's forgiving, I haven't seen much of a difference yet lol.

As I want to start doubling up on my chances to get items and materials now, instead of waiting for HoW, making two new classes now might be counter intuitive. I I'll probably cave and have a unique third class (Titan most likely), but I'll probably still keep two hunters though.

Edit: Does anyone have a fast track guide for leveling three different classes? If anyone can make it seem manageable, I'll run three unique classes.

It's funny you say this because The only reason I'm level 32 is because I'm wearing a chest piece and boots I got from Iron Banner a month ago. I haven't gotten a head piece or boots to drop from Crota's End yet. If it's forgiving, I haven't seen much of a difference yet lol.

Also, while Crota's End may be more forgiving with armor, it's material requirements were too damn high. I have most of my raid gear maxed and a bunch of it is waiting on Radiant Shards. Fortunately, this will also be fixed with HoW! \o/

Lima

Having one of each character is the way to go. Either now or when the DLC drops is the perfect time to start a new class with the heavily reduced amount of class materials needed once HoW drops. This is probably the thing that sucked to grind out the most.

I mean you needed 75 class material to max out a gear item and after HoW you will need 8. That is two blue pieces leveled up with bounties worth.

As I want to start doubling up on my chances to get items and materials now, instead of waiting for HoW, making two new classes now might be counter intuitive. I I'll probably cave and have a unique third class (Titan most likely), but I'll probably still keep two hunters though.

Edit: Does anyone have a fast track guide for leveling three different classes? If anyone can make it seem manageable, I'll run three unique classes.

trust me, its better than VOG was. #forever29 was real.

There is going to be grind. as soon as you hit 20 start running the strike playlist. get blue gear that will get you from 20-23 as soon as possible. then bump up to the next tier. all the while earning rep (do daily bounties as well) and marks. then start buying legendary gear from the vanguard to get from 24-28 ASAP. at this point you can run VOG for more guns and gear. once you hit 30 you can hit up CE for more gear to go above and beyond. make the process faster by buying an exotic peice from xur for the desired class.

Oh lord, got a second Ghallahorn ...what do I do know with it.

I would recommend making a titan. Having different classes help make the game less repetitive. And Titans are really fun to play with in Pvp. Also warlock sucks ;)

i3kYdDuyMu8ny.gif

Impala26

Having one of each character is the way to go. Either now or when the DLC drops is the perfect time to start a new class with the heavily reduced amount of class materials needed once HoW drops. This is probably the thing that sucked to grind out the most.

I mean you needed 75 class material to max out a gear item and after HoW you will need 8. That is two blue pieces leveled up with bounties worth.

Great for folks who can maybe only commit to 10 hours or less per week, but what is that going to leave folks like many here on GAF who play several hours every day?

That's my big question going forward. Less grind is good, but I feel like many are going to come to the realization that the grind is the MAIN reason they play the game as much as they do.

Check out my Hand Cannon collection :)

XKABK8Yh.jpg

I don't collect below blues. And I'm missing Hawkmoon since I'm an Xbox pleb that doesn't deserve it for my inferior platform choice. Also missing the New Monarchy Red Hand IX and a couple blues here and there. Still. I like my collection. :)

Great for folks who can maybe only commit to 10 hours or less per week, but what is that going to leave folks like many here on GAF who play several hours every day?

That's my big question going forward. Less grind is good, but I feel like many are going to come to the realization that the grind is the MAIN reason they play the game as much as they do.

since I saw the new upgrade system and how they lessened the grind I can see myself putting far less hours into it each week. I will not feel the need nor want to do all bounties x3 everyday. its probably going to be end game only from hear on out. I think I can handle that. I do worry that HoW is going to make it too easy to progress while in the past it felt like it took forever to get to that next level.

Check out my Hand Cannon collection :)

XKABK8Yh.jpg

I don't collect below blues. And I'm missing Hawkmoon since I'm an Xbox pleb that doesn't deserve it for my inferior platform choice. Also missing the New Monarchy Red Hand IX and a couple blues here and there. Still. I like my collection. :)

That light blue one, is that the lv 11?

ethomaz

Banned
It is really sad the Hankmoon to be exclusive for over a year... the gun is the best Exotic HG in the game in my opinion... I just use more Fatebringer due the Exotic slot be more useful in raids with Ghorn.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It is really sad the Hankmoon to be exclusive for over a year... the gun is the best Exotic HG in the game in my opinion... I just use more Fatebringer due the Exotic slot be more useful in raids with Ghorn.

before the weapon patch, i really felt that hawkmoon was the best weapon in the game because of its range

Yeah it's sad that they pointlessly locked it out for sure. Serves us right for being inferior users though. Thanks Bungie :)

Izuna

Banned
Jump on after Uni, and 2 friends said they wanted to do Hard Crota CP. I haven't run sword for it in over a month so I say aight...

They pick up 3 LFGers who DON'T HAVE MICs and we do it first try haha.

They message up "what the fuck just happened..."

----

In other news, since the new PvP changes happened I am now levelling up my Oversoul, Invective and Lucky Raspberry all at once.

So I played Bastion once during the Combined Arms weekend and I have to say that I feel like the changes made to special/secondary ammo make that map better. Not great. Not good even, but better than the shit that it was before.

Had a phD interview today, I completely overestimated the project goals.

I wouldn't stress, bolded part is par for the course. Focusing the scope down to something more manageable.

It's fantastic. Radar whores are fucked because they don't know how to play without it. So much fun and run and gun every match. Plus the matches are over before first heavy comes in because it is so easy and quick to triple cap.

You like it because it's easy and fast, I'm bored by it for the same reasons. This game needs more strategy in PvE and PvP activities, not less. I understand why others would disagree, to each their own as always.

i would love to have some learning matches, as i readily evidenced my newb status with my pitiful k/d last night.... X(

Haha yeah we could do some fun "learning" matches for sure. I've been thinking about making a simple "basics of Control" post for IB coming up. Hopefully I'm not too lazy to actually do it.

One of the first tips would be: Ignore the scoreboard. Most of what matters for team success doesn't show up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom