• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yep it's gone...

well, running Normal mode CE as far as I can take it solo, the sword school attendees can join or anyone else, but I will be grabbing the checkpoint at crota. I definitely can't do deathsinger solo to my knowledge so I could probably use some help to get this done quick if anyone's available, lol.

Sorry again to the attendees, I didn't have my shit together this week at all
I've got Deathsinger. Want it?
Oh hey, that works! thanks buddy

shem935

Banned
yep it's gone...

well, running Normal mode CE as far as I can take it solo, the sword school attendees can join or anyone else, but I will be grabbing the checkpoint at crota. I definitely can't do deathsinger solo to my knowledge so I could probably use some help to get this done quick if anyone's available, lol.

I could help you run deathsinger if you want. Still need the drops.

LTWood12

yep it's gone...

Yep! Are you full? Because I still need to do it times two. I'm on vita so I'm just good for dps. If not no biggie

Oozer3993

yep it's gone...

I'd be happy to help, if you don't mind me being a newbie at Crota's End :)

nOoblet16

Still too early but I guess this way I get rid of the wait times, anyone wanna sign up for reset raid train?

1) nOobet16
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

border

Should I buy a Secret Handshake from the Vanguard vendor?

I have not levelled it up, but I already have a Hide And Seek-42 with Void Damage. Main perks on it are Return to Sender and Shot Package, with auxiliary perks being QuickDraw, Hammer-Forged, and High Caliber Rounds. It has significantly more Impact and Range than Secret Handshake, but lower rate of fire, poor stability, and a smaller magazine with longer reload times.

Which would be preferable? They both have Shot Package and Hammer-Forged, which is why I think Secret Handshake is so well-loved. I feel like Return to Sender will make up for the smaller clip, and I'm not missing out on much by abandoning the Grenadier perk on Secret Handshake.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's preference man. you have a beastly shotty already it's up to you if iyou want the version the vendor has instead.

LTWood12

Hawk I'm having bad remote play problems. Too laggy at the moment. If I can fix it and you haven't found someone I'll jump back in. Sorry!
Watching the wire w/ my wife

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawk I'm having bad remote play problems. Too laggy at the moment. If I can fix it and you haven't found someone I'll jump back in. Sorry!
Watching the wire w/ my wife
ah dang. ok.

In that case, still need 2 for deathsinger and Crota, some new guys in the party.

vctor182

I have not levelled it up, but I already have a Hide And Seek-42 with Void Damage. Main perks on it are Return to Sender and Shot Package, with auxiliary perks being QuickDraw, Hammer-Forged, and High Caliber Rounds. It has significantly more Impact and Range than Secret Handshake, but lower rate of fire, poor stability, and a smaller magazine with longer reload times.

Which would be preferable? They both have Shot Package and Hammer-Forged, which is why I think Secret Handshake is so well-loved. I feel like Return to Sender will make up for the smaller clip, and I'm not missing out on much by abandoning the Grenadier perk on Secret Handshake.

At this point I would wait until HoW unless you're overflowing with planet mats and/or crucible marks. stability in a low rate of fire shotty is pointless,

Reset day incoming.

Excellent, I see you are also a purveyor of the Scrota sack strat. Check out our shield break strat here. Strat developed by Team Fun Run, all rights reserved.

y7EdgP.gif

Re: Reset day- are we going to pull off another no-wipe exotic change clean sweep? I'm guessing more people will be around this week than the last month or so. We could even do some 3x HM Oracles-->Atheon for old time's sake. I have Oracles CP, wouldn't even need to keep HM Gorgons CP if we did it this way. Only other CP I'd want to carry over is HM Scrota.

ocean

Banned

High range, high impact and shot package means you're set. It should be a one hit kill so RoF isn't much of an issue unless you're targeting multiple enemies. Moreover, stability only matters on low impact quick firing shotguns where you want to get several shots out fast.

All in all, it doesn't sound like buying SH is worth it for you. Save those marks for HoW and its reforge-ready weapons.

Big thanks again to Unstable, Math, Phaethon, Illini, Wicked, and EYC for another awesome train. Lag is still shit, but winning makes it go down a little smoother.

haven't seen this thread so interested in pvp in a while

You know what you have to do now. Un-KermittheFrog yourself. Would that require MissPiggying yourself? Not sure.

On a serious note, don't listen to a "Destiny pusher" like me, you know what's best for your life. Follow your heart good sir Zoba

2 spots open on the Train, anyone want in?

Is there any PvP trains going on this evening? :p

I'm down. Looks like 2 here if the spots are still open.

edit: send me an invite after your current match. Don't want to join party chat during a game and block your radar.

ocean

Banned
I was saying this on party chat the other day. There seems to be at least one Train a day now. It used to be that this sort of interest only creeped in during IB before. I for one find it refreshing because I can't run Vanguard playlist anymore. I have hit peak Strike fatigue, it's been 8 months of killing the same enemies in the same patterns on the same timers.

PvP with a team on the other hand is always a different experience and it's just so much more fun. Coupled with the game having less asshole-shotgun ammo, it's on the whole a lot more enjoyable now.

I just have to figure out how to deal with people who blink. Seriously, if you blink while I'm shooting at you, you won. I will never find you again :p

Hmmm I legitly suck at pvp now. Kinda depressing. The speed of the game is wayyy to fast for me now.

Shotgun + Blinkers just give me a headache. It's not fun.
I'm sick of the spawn switching, getting two shooted by Hawkmoons, Titan grenades, and lag.

I have a question, how the 4th horseman ammo perk works? I kill things with it but it doesnt send me bullets on the magazine or the ammo at all

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

no one ever talked about it before lol

and well.... crucible marks are hard to come by without a group to help pass the time too

GhaleonEB

I have a question, how the 4th horseman ammo perk works? I kill things with it but it doesnt send me bullets on the magazine or the ammo at all

It can be hard to tell because it fires so fast, but when I use it, I'll fire 2-3 round bursts and sometimes only need to reload a single round after a kill. If you hold the trigger and empty the clip that extra round goes so fast it's tough to notice it was there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom