• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for the life of me can't get through the Thrall Hallway on my own today. :lol Normally, I just do two quick rockets and I'll make it through with little to no problems, today the Thralls just tear me to shreds before I can even blow up the second.

Stratn

Has it been confirmed that in HOW that your legendary/exotic will have to fully upgraded (all bubbles filled in) to be able to upgrade them to level 34? Or does your armor just need to have all the green circles filled up?

I just want to know if I should be saving my shards?

Has it been confirmed that in HOW that your legendary/exotic will have to fully upgraded (all bubbles filled in) to be able to upgrade them to level 34? Or does your armor just need to have all the green circles filled up?

I just want to know if I should be saving my shards?

You'll definitely need to level up with your shards to get to level 34. You really expect anything different?

Stratn

You'll definitely need to level up with your shards to get to level 34. You really expect anything different?

Yeah, There was a rumor going around that you just needed to have the items green circles filled up, I think there was a video of Deej upgrading an item without bubbles filled, and just the green circles maxed.... Im probably just crazy!!!

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Yeah, There was a rumor going around that you just needed to have the items green circles filled up, I think there was a video of Deej upgrading an item without bubbles filled, and just the green circles maxed.... Im probably just crazy!!!

I'm guessing ascending something without having it upgraded will get it to 331/36 light. After that, your upgrades can get it to 365/42 light.

blazeuk

Personally I'm filling bubbles with XP but I'm going to wait until HoW releases before using shards/glimmer on the final 3 just to see how the upgrade works, it wouldn't be the first time that game changes meant people wasted shards.

Stratn

Personally I'm filling bubbles with XP but I'm going to wait until HoW releases before using shards/glimmer on the final 3 just to see how the upgrade works, it wouldn't be the first time that game changes meant people wasted shards.

I think I might take that approach as well. It would make sense not having to upgrade everything considering they are doing away with the Damage/armor stats, and the only thing we are leveling up with HOW gear is the perks.

Bubble on Atheons head

TOWPDCd.jpg

Never did any of the raids, About to hit 31, just need a few more damn shards. Any chance one can tag along to one these days or is it a pro's only affair now? I got to the end once in VOG but never finished because we bleeeeew.

I'm a eurogaffer btw.

PS: Wicked application ;D

Friendly DGAF'ers already gave you some nice responses but just wanted to chime in with encouragement to definitely jump into raids around here. Lv31 is fine for literally any PvE activity currently in the game. We try to be the anti-DestinLFG website by having a bunch of silly "pro's-only" requirements, haha. I'll shoot you a FR on PSN since I play and post a lot and would be happy to help sherpa raids or w/e if the timing works out. Welcome to DGAF, we hope your time here is enjoyable! :)

Deku Tree

Anyone have an oracles HM CP that I can try to grab in a little while (not right now)?

I'm interested in doing VoG HM full 3x this week.

JimPanzer

I just got back into Destiny and would like to try out nightfall and maybe even the raid. I'm currently level 28 and both of my legendary items (symbiote and surus regime) are still on the vanilla level. As I gather there's no point in upgrading my gear to the Expansion 1 level now, right? Should I just swap them out for crucible/vanguard gear so I can get to an appropriate level for nightfall?

Goddamn, we would've taken Omnigul down in fifteen seconds if one of my teammates didn't get himself blown up and the other decided to hide in a cupboard.

I had the amount of kills the other guys had combined. Weekly matchmaking is a joke.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've never felt that anything was truly unfair in PvP until I started running with Radiant Dance Machines + Midas + Blade Dancer

you are already dead reading this

I just got back into Destiny and would like to try out nightfall and maybe even the raid. I'm currently level 28 and both of my legendary items (symbiote and surus regime) are still on the vanilla level. As I gather there's no point in upgrading my gear to the Expansion 1 level now, right? Should I just swap them out for crucible/vanguard gear so I can get to an appropriate level for nightfall?

You can keep 'em on, just swap your other stuff for the Light +33 level Vanguard/Crucible gear if you can get your hands on it.

HigXx

Legendary Helm Engram turned into Light Beyond Nemesis! Only Warlock exotic I had left to get!

Only 4 exotics to go:
Thunderlord
Pocket Infinity
Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
Knucklehead Rader

Steroyd

You know, I played a Pvp match and thought, "oh this is nice, I like the subtle changes they did to the special ammo" then my next match there's that one fucker with Feiwinter's lie and all the nostalgic rage comes back to me.

Bring on Iron Banner.

Goddamn, we would've taken Omnigul down in fifteen seconds if one of my teammates didn't get himself blown up and the other decided to hide in a cupboard.

I had the amount of kills the other guys had combined. Weekly matchmaking is a joke.

Yep and people want raid matchmaking lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom