• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last reveal they showed that weapons still had upgrade bubbles, just less in number and required less mats to upgrade.

kPutsAn.jpg

No damage upgrades. Looks like it tops off at 331. You'd need to ascend to get it to 365.

I'm expecting Exotics to follow the same path. Either they'll remain as they are now or we'll get upgrade-less versions with 331 base damage.

kPutsAn.jpg

No damage upgrades. Looks like it tops off at 331. You'd need to ascend to get it to 365.

I'm expecting Exotics to follow the same path. Either they'll remain as they are now or we'll get upgrade-less versions with 331 base damage.

its strange, weopons will now be 331 or 365 and nothing in between. same with armor. the only way I see your getting to level 33 before 34 is to have 2 or 3 ascended peices.

Deku Tree

kPutsAn.jpg

My question that no one has answered is do old exotics that are not fully upgraded need two exotic shards to reach 365? and do new HoW exotics only need one?

Arrrammis

quick FYI, if you were in the GAF Twitch chat last time it still works. if you need an invite just post your twitch username (everyone is welcome!)

I'd like an invite, Twitch name is Arrrammis

I just lost 2 matches of Iron Banner and didn't get the loser medallions. Anyone else have this issue?

You can only hold 5, so if you have 5 in your inventory it stops showing up. Other than that, I haven't heard anything about it.

Do people want to keep doing this? Maybe swap every other week, like Hawkian's newbie raids (CE one week, then VoG)?

I've never really farmed Oracles/Templar like we did last night. As much as I love VoG, the pacing does rather drag when you're repeating those sections.

If we're going to maximize exotic drops 3x DS/Crota makes the most sense in terms time investment/drop rate. Perhaps we bang those out first and choose which sections of the Vault to focus on for the week, i.e. Templar 2-3x rather than Atheon 3x?

kPutsAn.jpg

Yeah my point was we'll still have to level up the perks, so might as well do that now than later.

My question that no one has answered is do old exotics that are not fully upgraded need two exotic shards to reach 365? and do new HoW exotics only need one?

Hasn't been confirmed. I'm expecting we won't be seeing upgraded Exotics, but knowing Bungie, we could be getting base 331 versions.

Yeah my point was we'll still have to level up the perks, so might as well do that now than later.

Yup, that's true.

its strange, weopons will now be 331 or 365 and nothing in between. same with armor. the only way I see your getting to level 33 before 34 is to have 2 or 3 ascended peices.

I have this sinking feeling that Etheric Light will be a lot more rare than we're hoping.

Just spent some time in iron banner for the first time in months and quite enjoying it. Well I was when in a group of 3. On my own it was pretty unbearable. The amount of leads that were thrown away by randoms as they decided it's best to capture all points and make the spawns switch. Urgh.

The crucible is a lot of fun when there are no laggy scrubs. The weapon balancing patch does mean I am seeing a wider variety of weapon use. Even though I still stick with suros. Sometimes hawkmoon depending on map.
Now that I know the IB gear so y going to be made redundant like the max 300 ones were before the TDB I don't mind the grind! Hoping to get to level 4 on at least hunter and Titan this week

ugh, did the math and I will have to play 208 crucible matches and 56 roc strikes to max out on marks on 3 characters before HoW. this is the real grind folks.

F### salvage mode !

I haven't had one good game, because the game always puts me into a match that is already underway into a team that is losing by a large margin (which means someone quit and hence I got that person's spot). Then I see how bad my teammates play and how they can't even revive or capture the zone because they want to run halfway across the map for heavies so I don't really want to play with them in the next match so I search again...repeat the cycle of getting put into a terrible match again !!

This is such a $h!t mode.
maybe we can get a team together to run it? i need that trophy as well, but i can't get on until probably later this evening (EDT)

Lucky guys.

3 back to back chests.

Hard Light
Gjallarhorn
Hawkmoon

fml

thats the pain of hosting the chest. you just get to sit idly by as all the exotics you want get poured into others inventories.

J/K, its awesome watvching someone pull something awesome they need. I no longer need anything. spread the love ruthless

Stratn

Lucky guys.

3 back to back chests.

Hard Light
Gjallarhorn
Hawkmoon

fml

Holy CRAP!! Congrats on the pickups!

Is it crazy that I have only ever picked up 1 exotic gun after running 2 X night falls, and 2 X Crota Normal mode for the last 8 weeks? I only ever get legendary AR's and light of the Abyss (I HATE Fusion rifles!!) I always see people getting like 3 or 4 from their weekly runs.

Nope, had none in stock.

the no clue....

Is it crazy that I have only ever picked up 1 exotic gun after running 2 X night falls, and 2 X Crota Normal mode for the last 8 weeks? I only ever get legendary AR's and light of the Abyss (I HATE Fusion rifles!!) I always see people getting like 3 or 4 from their weekly runs.

judging by the lucky guys comment as well as the FML, I dont think he was the one pulling the exotics

shermas

anyone on xbone hosting the NM gorgon CP? or hard? I'd like to try normal first, just so I get 2 rolls at the exotic.

On a side note, just had my worst Weekly MM experience yet. Almost 30 minutes to finish... 1 AFK and the other guy wasn't using any solar weapons at all. I had almost 300 kills and it helped level up my warlock, but still..........

Namikaze1

Cool, thats a helluva grind. Now go R3 lock all of them.

Are all the armor maxed too?
Some of them are maxed out, most of them have all the bubbles unlocked, and only about 3 still need xp to be put towards them.

Most of my Titan's exotics are maxed out.

Warlock has all chest pieces maxed out.

Hunter just has a few maxed out.

Feorax

Sorry about bailing on the NF raindoc. Other half has left her purse at home and needs it so looks like I'm on delivery duty :p

You must pray and sacrifice something to RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom