• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgons raining exotics this week, have seen over 20 since yesterday...

h1DVRN6.jpg

This was just too much.

You must pray and sacrifice something to RNG.

Is that so? I've promised to dismantle an exotic, at this point I'll dismantle two, to get the only remaining exotic I don't have.

I've also sold my
virtual
soul and unborn child to RNG a few times over at this point.

I'm running three night falls tonight. If a horn drops, I'm willing to dismantle three exotics of my choosing.

Namikaze1

FALSE!

You only need to half ass everything you do.
Hide while everyone else does all the work.
And be very bad a crucible.

This is the winning strategy for exotic drops.
False!

You need to grind and grind and grind till you can't grind no more!

You also need to dance before completing a Nightfall.

You need to pray to Zoba before diving in to the Crucible.

You need to have been pushed off the Cliff of Doom by Fig at least once in your life.

You need to spend 12 hours in the darkest pit, hunting for an elusive peashooter.

You need to dismantle 5 Hawkmoons in under a week.

You need to steal someone's most sought item i.e. Fatebringer and Hezen.

You need to pray before Rahool and then commit suicide before handing in any legendary engrams.

Logged out, going to catch a nap before the stream begins.

I'll see you there~!

False!

You need to grind and grind and grind till you can't grind no more!

You also need to dance before completing a Nightfall.

You need to pray to Zoba before diving in to the Crucible.

You need to have been pushed off the Cliff of Doom by Fig at least once in your life.

You need to spend 12 hours in the darkest pit, hunting for an elusive peashooter.

You need to dismantle 5 Hawkmoons in under a week.

You need to steal someone's most sought item i.e. Fatebringer and Hezen.

You need to pray before Rahool and then commit suicide before handing in any legendary engrams.

I will end you ._.;

phen0m24

Is that so? I've promised to dismantle an exotic, at this point I'll dismantle two, to get the only remaining exotic I don't have.

I've also sold my
virtual

I'm running three night falls tonight. If a horn drops, I'm willing to dismantle three exotics of my choosing.
Don't dismantle anything. Don't give the game that satisfaction

I'm going to be leaving my campus around 2 when the stream pops on. Sigh it will be awesome I bet but I guess I will wait until 4 to watch, probably get home at 2:30 and head to the gym and be done by 4ish. Watch the stream while meal prepping for the next 4 days and finish with working on one of my final papers for this semester.

th3dude

Question:

I haven't played at all since 'vanilla'. Now that my schedule is freeing up, I'd like to start playing again with the release of the next expansion.

If I start playing now, should I bother upgrading my current legendaries/exotics through the expansion 1 mechanisms or should I just wait and upgrade them all the way with the expansion 2 mechanisms?

Thanks!

I've also sold my
virtual

You need to grab gorgons chest from my host every week. I'm an exotic magnet now.

Haven't received a single exotic from gorgon in 4 weeks. Everyone else gets heaps.

I opened two this week with you present and got nothing :(

You didn't dance before opening the chest.

Question:

I haven't played at all since 'vanilla'. Now that my schedule is freeing up, I'd like to start playing again with the release of the next expansion.

If I start playing now, should I bother upgrading my current legendaries/exotics through the expansion 1 mechanisms or should I just wait and upgrade them all the way with the expansion 2 mechanisms?

Thanks!

Expansion 2, just wait it out. You'll just waste time and effort otherwise.

Jesus, the one major thing I need trophy wise left is Salvage. Just did my first salvage game. FML

There has to be an easy way to do this without spending all day getting 20 captures. Randoms suck.

Ophelion

Question: I've been leveling a hunter's Gunslinger sub-class lately and I was wondering...am I missing something when it comes to the Golden Gun? Because it seems like it is easily the weakest of the offensive Supers in the game. Nova Bomb is devastating to the enemy. Ditto for the Titan's smash attack. I feel like those two just CRUSH the enemy when they're thrown out. Golden Gun, though? Three shots and if targeting anything with sufficient shields or health, it doesn't even seem to kill or I just barely kill it with all three. That just feels less mighty than even the Bladedancer's woodchipper form.

That said, I've been friggin' obliterated by Golden Gun wielding guardians in Crucible, so I'm guessing there's more to this thing than I'm realizing.

Thoughts?

GutZ31

Question:

Thanks!

Unlocking the bubbles with exp is advised by pretty much everyone.
Personally, I would suggest leveling them now so you don't have to guess.

Question: I've been leveling a hunter's Gunslinger sub-class lately and I was wondering...am I missing something when it comes to the Golden Gun? Because it seems like it is easily the weakest of the offensive Supers in the game. Nova Bomb is devastating to the enemy. Ditto for the Titan's smash attack. I feel like those two just CRUSH the enemy when they're thrown out. Golden Gun, though? Three shots and if targeting anything with sufficient shields or health, it doesn't even seem to kill or I just barely kill it with all three. That just feels less mighty than even the Bladedancer's woodchipper form.

That said, I've been friggin' obliterated by Golden Gun wielding guardians in Crucible, so I'm guessing there's more to this thing than I'm realizing.

Thoughts?

I am not a hunter yet. But Golden Gun if specced correctly in the gunslinger tree is devastating. Practice makes perfect I would say.

phen0m24

Jesus, the one major thing I need trophy wise left is Salvage. Just did my first salvage game. FML

There has to be an easy way to do this without spending all day getting 20 captures. Randoms suck.
Getting one good teammate helps. Did that on one Saturday but I don't think it's just caps I think of you disable the other team's probe it counts? Read: it didn't take that awfully long iirc

Namikaze1

OMG nami, wth. Even the dupes?!
Heck no! Only Gjallahorn and Hawkmoons* dupes are worthy of being maxed out.

*ignore that stock Hawkmoon dupe. I recently got that.

I'll see you there~!

I will end you ._.;
I already apologized!

Fake Guardian Lord confirmed.

Drizzay remove this impostor!
I haven't done any Crucble related stuff since February and that was because I wanted to hit the 200 mark cap before HoW and because Iron Banner was running. Before that, I went into the Crucible just 3-5 times in December cause Math asked me to come along.

And with recent patches, I don't feel like going back. I'll stick to raids and strikes.

phen0m24

I haven't done any Crucble related stuff since February and that was because I wanted to hit the 200 mark cap before HoW and because Iron Banner was running. Before that, I went into the Crucible just 3-5 times in December cause Math asked me to come along.

And with recent patches, I don't feel like going back. I'll stick to raids and strikes.

High fives

Not a crucible guy either

GutZ31

Thoughts?

Golden gun is pretty useful as a support super, as it can generate orbs of light pretty well.

In crucible, it is devastating because of the range and speed you can kill other guardians with.

Using explosive rounds is useful for PvE, but most times its wasted in PvP, unless the other team is grouped up way tighter than they need to be.

I've also sold my
virtual

It doesn't show your faith if you are only commiting to dismantle after receiving ehat you want. Sacrifice your Exotics at the altar of RNG to receive blessings.

noomi

I still need to max 7 weapons to have all exotics fully leveled. When HoW comes, I'll get it done.

- Monte Carlo
- Suros
- 4th Horseman
- Hard Light
- Invective
- Plan C
- No Land beyond

All weapons I never use :/

Ophelion

Golden gun is pretty useful as a support super, as it can generate orbs of light pretty well.

In crucible, it is devastating because of the range and speed you can kill other guardians with.

Using explosive rounds is useful for PvE, but most times its wasted in PvP, unless the other team is grouped up way tighter than they need to be.

Interesting. I'm mostly a PvE guy, so I'll have to try out the explosive rounds when I unlock it. My Hunter was primarily a Bladedancer, but I got the Arachnid from a Xur exotic engram and since it supports the Golden Gun, I figure I might as well.

Everything about the Gunslinger feels like it has to be purposeful and aggressive, whereas I usually play my other characters in a much more reactionary way, popping Super when things go sideways, throwing out a grenade when something big is charging over the hill to eat me, ect.

I kind of enjoy the change of pace, but it's been an awkward adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom