• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

i'll only play Trials with my old 3 player crews. but eh, not sure i care enough.

also, any screenshots of DeeJ's suit?

willow ve

Been spending most our lives living in a campers paradise.

Elimination style is going to expose some of the maps for being extremely lopsided toward one spawn.

"Across the board, Bungie is laser focused on making Crucible matches more rewarding. You’ll earn double the engrams and marks in Crucible matches, as well as guaranteed rewards for participating in the daily featured game. "

This is good news I guess. The current drop rates for engrams in Crucible is terrible.

nOoblet16

Spawns should switch and Supers make this game mode less interesting.

This is basically Execution from Gears of War if you ask me with no power weapon gameplay of course..

nOoblet16

Bungie you are not the first developer to have an elimination type game mode, we know match making with randoms is not an issue with this game mode and it could work. (If you think it is then those apply to every other crucible game mode too then)

WHY NOT GIVE US OPTIONS !!

LifEndz

Bungie you are not the first developer to have an elimination type game mode, we know match making with randoms is not an issue with this game mode and it could work. (If you think it is then those apply to every other crucible game mode too then)

Agreed. Yet another mode where I'm relegated to lfg sites or begging on DGAF. Probably won't play ToO all that much.

ocean

Banned

It's supposed to be competitive, with very attractive rewards. Sending randos out to die against teams which communicate would dilute the challenging nature of the event.

No way i will play trails of Osiris. IB is already way to stressful and with smaller teams its going to be more people depending on you. Im out.

Give me raids and horde mode.

LTWood12

My guess is there's no matchmaking to keep it from being so easy for the coordinated teams to get all the gear super fast. Coordinated team constantly playing randos would burn through the content faster than they want.

trials of sunsingers
trials of felwinters final blink
trials of lag switching cheaters

i don't think i can take a super sweaty pvp mode on burning shrine >.>

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
DGAF how many shots does the Juggernaut shield take on PvP before it breaks? Is it more viable than unstoppable?

Also, does having an IB emblem affect daily bounties if you have a Faction class item equipped?

Hell yes D-GAF. Just Hunter and Titan trophies left...

Then I too will be awesome well almost as awesome as the rest of the Guardian Lords.

Salvage was annoying.

Mindlog

Am I the only one that switches weapons when heavy ammo drops?
I don't understand why there is no matchmaking for this?
Probably a little bit of everything.
The high stakes and cost involved vs Bungie's inability to provide decent PvP matchmaking. Most teams probably win more than 90% of their games and this mode seems like a direct response to that. Now only a few teams will continue winning 90% of their games.

nOoblet16

It's supposed to be competitive, with very attractive rewards. Sending randos out to die against teams which communicate would dilute the challenging nature of the event.

My point being, Gears is one of the most competitive games I've played (where the skill level required to be good is very high, higher than Destiny) and if an elimination type mode can work in that game with randoms then it could work in any game.

And again, why not give me options?
It's a 3vs3 mode, exactly like Skirmish but with no respawns.

EDIT: The drop rate in this stream is obviously ridiculously high and I doubt we'll see it in final game.

Impala26

My guess is there's no matchmaking to keep it from being so easy for the coordinated teams to get all the gear super fast. Coordinated team constantly playing randos would burn through the content faster than they want.

This is the reason for no matchmaking most definitely.

LiK

trials of sunsingers
trials of cheese
trials of lag switching cheaters

i don't think i can take a super sweaty pvp mode on burning shrine >.>

Trials of Thorns

i'm still undefeated in Burning Shrine in 3v3. i retired before i lost here, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom