• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's supposed to be competitive, with very attractive rewards. Sending randos out to die against teams which communicate would dilute the challenging nature of the event.

No it wouldn't. Just because you are in a premade team doesn't mean you have any advantage over a group that isn't. It's a cop-out. Destiny isn't the first game with a single elimination PVP mode. Offering a lack of choice isn't something to be praised.

This is the reason for no matchmaking most definitely.

The issue with that is that suddenly this DLC pass has lost value to prospective customers. They're not going to sale this to anyone on the verge of buying it with no match making. Because regular joes who want to keep playing and sounded interested into the PvE stuff revealed, will probably back out when they hear no matchmaking for the new main PvP feature.

It's bullshit. Complete bullshit.

CLBridges

Why Bungie doesn't just say "We just don't want MM, fuck off" instead of beating around the bush lol. I'm exaggerating of course, but excluding the option makes no sense to me.

No it wouldn't. Just because you are in a premade team doesn't mean you have any advantage over a group that isn't. It's a cop-out. Destiny isn't the first game with a single elimination PVP mode. Offering a lack of choice isn't something to be praised.

Yup, it's pretty stupid. CSGO, biggest competitive fps, does it just fine. Bungie is just being lazy.

Impala26

Sounds like we need to get a team together.

How is Sap at pvp?

We've been playing console multiplayer FPS since Perfect Dark N64 and countless, countless hours of Halo LAN, customs and matchmaking.

We're both pretty solid :p
We just need better PvP weapons frankly.

Going to have to get and level up the exotic Hunter helmet that gives you 4 shot. If you manage to get that super you basically won the round.

Deku Tree

Wait... I'm not sure everyone read this yet...

"Across the board, Bungie is laser focused on making Crucible matches more rewarding. You’ll earn double the engrams and marks in Crucible matches, as well as guaranteed rewards for participating in the daily featured game. Not bad!"

Double marks and engrams for Crucible matches sounds like a good start!

Six marks for a win and four marks for a loss is much better than 3-2. Hopefully they raise the amount of rep you get for each too...

Why Bungie doesn't just say "We just don't want MM, fuck off" instead of beating around the bush lol. I'm exaggerating of course, but excluding the option makes no sense to me.

Honestly, all the good will they earned from last week is lost with their bullshit today. I'm back into 'They can go fuck themselves' mode.

Wait... I'm not sure everyone read this yet...

"Across the board, Bungie is laser focused on making Crucible matches more rewarding. You’ll earn double the engrams and marks in Crucible matches, as well as guaranteed rewards for participating in the daily featured game. Not bad!"

Double marks and engrams for Crucible matches sounds like a good start!

That's because they realized Crucible is a broken shoddy mess, and they need more people to play it in order to justify the decisions they're making with ToO.

is CSGO a loot based game?

That depends if you think the loot crates and weapon drops change the way people play.

Fig and Math will have to duke it out.

KQCVo.gif

Honestly, all the good will they earned from last week is lost with their bullshit today. I'm back into 'They can go fuck themselves' mode.

That's because they realized Crucible is a broken shoddy mess, and they need more people to play it in order to justify the decisions they're making with ToO.

What is crazy about this entire mess is perhaps they feel the no matchmaking is raid like and therefore ok not to ship Trials with a raid.

LifEndz

What is crazy about this entire mess is perhaps they feel the no matchmaking is raid like and therefore ok not to ship Trials with a raid.

Seems that way. Would've been awesome if they had ToO set up with mercenary and a fireteam matchmaking. Go in solo, you play other randoms. Go in a team, you play a team. That would've been amazing.

Namikaze1

Actually just 3 rounds (2 rounds to win) per match is better. As of right now, it takes 5 rounds to win and a match can last upto 9 rounds. That's too much for me.

That's a pretty huge stretch. Premade teams are more likely to play together regularly - meaning they definitely communicate, and more effectively. How often do you talk to your team of randoms in Crucible? People are usually in a their own parties, don't have mics, etc. This is markedly less likely to be the case with premade teams. I'd almost say it is never the case.

Communication, especially in this sort of match, is a huge leg up.

nOoblet16

Issues with this:

1) Warlocks get an unfair advantage for this mode. Basically you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not playing Warlock.

2) No spawn switching.

3) Lag will be the bane of this mode, teleporting enemies, enemies that do not take damage until much later leading to situations where you get kills after you die.

4) Supers + mini maps + Heavies

These three in particular make this mode far less competitive than what they want it to be/are making it out to be.

That's a pretty huge stretch. Premade teams are more likely to play together regularly - meaning they definitely communicate, and more effectively. How often do you talk to your team of randoms in Crucible? People are usually in a their own parties, don't have mics, etc. This is markedly less likely to be the case with premade teams. I'd almost say it is never the case.

So what? That should be up to you and your funeral if you're going in without a team. It's not a Raid.

Have the people in the audience been paid to cheer for sunsinger self res?

Stupid ass sunsinger self res.

You know what I want after playing PVP for the first time in a train...

Replace self res with self destruct.

Thats right assholes, you kill me and I blow myself up taking you with!

Issues with this:

1) Warlocks get an unfair advantage for this mode. Basically you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not playing Warlock.

2) No spawn switching.

3) Lag will be the bane of this mode, teleporting enemies, enemies that do not take damage until much later leading to situations where you get kills after you die.

4) Supers + mini maps + Heavies

These three in particular make this mode far less competitive than what they want it to be/are making it out to be.

yeuup

and burning shrine is one of the last maps i want to play sweatiest on.

Namikaze1

Can I have a summary?
Just got on break.

Well fuck you too Nami.
Math pls!

The spot is reserved for you. LiK will most likely wait for impressions.

Wait, 5 rounds to a match? And you need to win 10 matches in order to get a chance at loot?

What the FUCK are they thinking? Unless I read wrong~
5 rounds to win a match. A single match can go up to 9 rounds.

You know it will be...

You two are suppose to lie to me!

Ghazi

We've been playing console multiplayer FPS since Perfect Dark N64 and countless, countless hours of Halo LAN, customs and matchmaking.

We're both pretty solid :p
We just need better PvP weapons frankly.
I'm in to join, otherwise I'll be starting a group.

nOoblet16

Point being, even without communication you can play this mode. You have a radar and there is no control point/zone. I've been in GAF IB trains where we got defeated by randoms, it happens because if players are good they are good and they just "know" what to do i.e. stick together, what to cap. Yes you have a leg up if you talk so that you can give a heads up, but no one would talk as much as these guys are talking in this stream.

Finally, this game isn't the first game to have an elimination mode and Destiny is certainly not in the list of "the most competitive game ever".

So what? That should be up to you and your funeral if you're going in without a team. It's not a Raid.

Yup.

It's simple PvP solo matching.

DotA does it.
CSGO does it.
Halo 3 does it.
League of Legends does it.

EVERY FUCKING COMPETITIVE GAME DOES IT.

This is pissing me off. HOW many matches to win to get a chance at loot? How many rounds per match? If it's at most playing 9 rounds to win one match, then that'll be at most 90 rounds in order to do all 10 match wins(Without losing your streak), and at least 40 rounds to get all 10 match wins.

That is insanity. That is stupid. Bungie stop, you've killed all goodwill towards you with your stupid PvP decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom