• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Could not have found a better response.

Honestly I will still play but this is becoming freaking idiotic at times.

Bungie giveth hope and then taketh it away.

Sulik2

Glad I never sold my Devil You Know now if I can actually upgrade anything the best handcannon is back in business. Wish I had kept my Praedith's Timepiece though.

MildSoss

Doesn't that new Warlock exotic helmet disorient your enemies when you self res around them as well? Guess we'll be seeing that a lot in ToO.

So what? That should be up to you and your funeral if you're going in without a team. It's not a Raid.

Point being, even without communication you can play this mode. You have a radar and there is no control point/zone. I've been in GAF IB trains where we got defeated by randoms, it happens because if players are good they are good and they just "know" what to do i.e. stick together. Yes you have a leg up if you talk so that you can give a heads up, but no one would talk as much as these guys are talking in this stream.

I wasn't justifying Bungie's decision. I was simply saying that the sentiment "Just because you are in a premade team doesn't mean you have any advantage over a group that isn't" is just not true.

LTWood12

I don't think Sunsingers will be as advantageous as they would seem. With only three in the fireteam, orb generation will be harder to chain. It'll save a round here and there, but for the most part I think people are overestimating the value of Radiance.

I dont see me playing this mode so much, its like the Destiny version of COD ranked matches but worse.

I would become really frustrated playing against people using snipers and long range weapons and you never see them coming since they will hide inmediately at any sigh of damage and wait for you.

Congratz for hardcore pvp players anyway.

yeuup

and burning shrine is one of the last maps i want to play sweatiest on.

And its the only map you can play until the next week right?

Doesn't that new Warlock exotic helmet disorient your enemies when you self res around them as well? Guess we'll be seeing that a lot in ToO.

I have a feeling we'll see mostly warlock teams in ToO.

.....I mean, it's fucking stupid. Especially since the gear is going to be locked behind this broken mode. Bungie has literally done a 180 from last week and gone back to being stupid.

What. Is. Deej. Wearing?

And sticking what where?

I don't know, I'll judge it when we actually get to play it. 15-20 minutes seems a bit long for evenly matched teams that go into SDOT.

Stealth brag post but also a legitimate question. I already had a Thorn and a Read Death, but a Hawkmoon and a Mythoclast dropped for me in the last 2 days.

How would you rank these four weapons in effectiveness in pvp?

How would you rank them in ease of use?

Dibs on Zoba and Breezy for my ToO team...

Suck it Nami, Breezy and I are going to ride the Zoba is BOSS gravy train to phat lootz and epic wins!

"Destiny servers trying to connect..."
"...."
"...."

We're sorry you just got the Bee error. Please go to Bungie.net to figure that shit out. While you're at it, we'll just tack on a loss to your record.
giphy.gif

So ToO will be like IB in both when it goes live in a day (10am PST) and gear will matter. And teams should be cycled against each other to avoid continuous match-ups.

Mindlog

Over/Under - Seven weeks until Trials of Osiris sees the promise of a massive overhaul.
Stealth brag post but also a legitimate question. I already had a Thorn and a Read Death, but a Hawkmoon and a Mythoclast dropped for me in the last 2 days.

I would rank them almost equally. All 4 are top tier and more than capable of getting the job done. I really do get similar results when using all of them. I might give a slight edge to Red Death when facing crowds. Thorn is really strong at range. Mythoclast is a solid performer.
I hate the way Hawkmoon sounds though so -10 points.

Arrrammis

ToO

Introducing the first wholly unique good looking armor that you won't be able to get unless you have 4 hours free in a row and a ton of luck.

I think that's The "Trails" of Osiris.

Ha!

Seriously though, it pisses me off so much that they make awesome looking gear and they make such stupid decisions in handling that PvP mode.

Like, seriously, fuck off bungie. Fuck off with your inane mechanics intended for grinding your head against.

You can have him and his level 20-something Hunter!

I'll be in the Arena, making mai waifu, the Queen of the Reef, proud!

I'LL BRING MY LEVEL 32 TITAN AND HULK SMASH THINGS

In the Queens Reef of course.

Arrrammis

Effectiveness: hawkmoon is personally my favorite, but is a bit harder to use.
1. Hawkmoon
2. Mythoclast
3. Thorn
4. Red Death

Very, very narrow margin. A bit different for ease of use:
1. Mythoclast
2. Red Death
3. Thorn
4. Hawkmoon

Stacey

Banned
No matchmaking and the same map the entire weekend? Ahahahahahaha, bungie please

Oh and that new gear? Not until you consecutively play for 4hrs.....

Gtfo bungie

I'm only going to rock ToO Egyptian gear, did anyone see if you can reforge them? If not it's cool. I'm hoping to catch a better picture of the stats for the helmets, though being honest I don't think I'm going to be using legendary helmets. Exotic helmets are so much better in Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom