• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF help me.

I have been a PC gamer for about 15 years. I had a PS3, but I used it primarily for netflix, mlb.tv, etc

So I jumped in with an Xbox One and picked up Destiny. The game is fun but- holy shit how does anyone actually aim with a controller. I feel like a retarded armadillo. I am really missing the precision and accuracy of a mouse/keyboard.

I noticed there is some kind of magnetic auto-aim thing going on as well. I try turning my sensitivity down and I am not aiming fast enough. I turn my sensitivity up and I keep overshooting people.

In PvE, it isn't that big of a deal. I tried some PvP last night and holy shit. It was rough.

Tldr: pointers for someone coming from a PC background for shooters to analog sticks? Any youtube videos with tips/tricks perhaps?

060.png

@ Bungie

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So I'm gonna ask my question again.

Is the Juggernaut shield viable in PvP? How many non Arc shots does it stop on average?

CLBridges

Not really all to excited for ToO, but I'm sure some are and that's cool. Not all content is gonna be tailored directly for me. I just hope PoE next week is gonna be crazy because if not, I can use my $20 and fill up my gas tank lol.

boofa

Neo Member
So I'm confused, Deej said you can buy into ToO as many times in a weekend as you want and that wins carry over so you can buy in 10 times and get 1 each passage and by 10-win gear. Then the other guy says you have to get all of the wins in a single passage. WHICH IS IT!?!

okay then i'll x-post this now. here's a quick summary of what i've gathered

• 3v3 elimination gametype
  • level advantages enabled
  • first team to 5 rounds wins
  • no respawns; only revives (or sunsinger rezzes)
  • one map per week on rotation
  • one round of heavy ammo after one team has won 3 rounds
  • rounds last 2 minutes
  • a capture point will spawn in the middle of the map in "overtime" after 2 minutes. whoever caps it wins
  • will not matchmaking teammates. need premade team to match against other premade teams
  • players matched based on connection instead of skill
  • you match a different team after every match
  • quitting counts as a loss
  • you can cash in rewards after different amount of wins
  • 3 losses and you need to buy a new passage to enter again. there's no caps on how many passages you can buy
  • you can "forgive losses" or "add wins", but the coins required to do so are rare and drop from other activities
  • event lasts from friday to tuesday reset

So I'm confused, Deej said you can buy into ToO as many times in a weekend as you want and that wins carry over so you can buy in 10 times and get 1 each passage and by 10-win gear. Then the other guy says you have to get all of the wins in a single passage. WHICH IS IT!?!

Single passage.

3 loses and you're out, start from scratch.

Mindlog

So I jumped in with an Xbox One and picked up Destiny. The game is fun but- holy shit how does anyone actually aim with a controller. I feel like a retarded armadillo. I am really missing the precision and accuracy of a mouse/keyboard.
It took me years before dual analog felt, 'okay.' No way around just spending time with the thing.

Namikaze1

okay then i'll post this now. here's a quick summary of what i've gathered

• 5 rounds
  • rounds last 2 minutes
  • a capture point will spawn in the middle of the map in "overtime" after 2 minutes. whoever caps it wins
  • will not matchmaking teammates. need premade team to match against other premade teams
  • 3 losses and you need to buy a new passage to enter again. there's no caps on how many passages you can buy
  • you can "forgive losses" or "add wins", but the coins required to do so are rare and drop from other activities
5 rounds to win the match. A match can go up to 9 rounds.

okay then i'll post this now. here's a quick summary of what i've gathered

• 5 rounds. first team to 5 wins
  • rounds last 2 minutes

How much does a new passage cost?

Deku Tree

okay then i'll x-post this now. here's a quick summary of what i've gathered

• first team to 5 rounds wins
  • rounds last 2 minutes

Yeah and how hard is it going to be to get whatever it is that you need to buy a new passage plus the two buffs?

Shito

So, watching this without the sound I found the matches to be pretty hype.
Then I come in here and read about all those stupid decisions Bungie made and... Oh well, I don't like PVP anyways. Would have tried it if it had MM and if it didn't ask me for so much commitment...

Namikaze1

From the Feb/March datamine:

In order to gain access to the Trials of Osiris, Guardians must obtain a Tournament Ticket, which is a possible reward from participating in the Crucible

Of course, they could have changed this since then.

Yeah and how hard is it going to be to get whatever it is that you need to buy a new passage plus the two buffs?

From the Feb/March datamine:

In order to gain access to the Trials of Osiris, Guardians must obtain a Tournament Ticket, which is a possible reward from participating in the Crucible

Of course, they could have changed this since then.

Just charge me a god damn strange coin. .

Bungie. One step foward, two steps back. This is going to turn into a hardcore only mode.

Yea honestly I'm not trying to deal with legit teams who stream on twitch and are financially invested in this game. I just want some casual play for cool ass armor.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WINS ARE SHARED AMONG CHARACTERS? If I win with my Hunter can I buy armor on my Warlock?

Those matches were pretty entertaining, and really showed me that I need to put in some work to improve my game. I think Trials seems like a well thought out event, and pretty hardcore. It might not be for everyone, which is okay, but I'm going to give it a shot. I need all of that gear. All of it.

Namikaze1

Just charge me a god damn strange coin. .
Also from the datamine:

Alternatively, if you happen to obtain the exotic weapon bounty An Unknown Patron, you can purchase an Osiris Coin for 1 Mote of Light

But like I mentioned before, they could have changed this.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WINS ARE SHARED AMONG CHARACTERS? If I win with my Hunter can I buy armor on my Warlock?

Sorry, Darryl, but don't expect that to happen.

ToO looks pretty cool....ish.
heres a problem. well my propblem anyway. It is going to be very hard for a crucible scrub like me to get 2 other compentant players to help me through these matches. being that there is a cost of enterering the thing means that some of the best players here on DGAF dont want us silly scrubs possibly costing them a currency. And I wouldnt blame them in the least. it wouldnt be too much of a problem if it was 6v6 as there will be more players to help kick ass. but 3v3 pretty much means get gud.
And I want to, im just not made for super comptetive things like this. maybe it wont be as bad as I think it will. but if this gets popular
judging by the posts it probably wont be
gaf pvp scubs will have to group up together and be scubby together i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom