• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The maps look great. Looking forward to seeing the new Strike and PoE. Trials is very meh as of now, but it's nice that the rewards look great and that there's finally a weekly reset event for PvPers.

vwluke

Neo Member
Hey Dgaf, I am just looking for some help. I just got back into Destiny currently a measly level 25 hunter. I am looking for fellow gaffers to play with and establish some fireteams. My PSN ID is Toyyo and I have a mic. I am on PS4. Not sure if this is the right place to post this maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Or you know, they don't look at how Blizzard does it with matchmaking and decide to just be oblivious to the existence of matchmade Raiding. And PvP.

whne I first bought destiny I hadf a few IRL friends that also bought it and we played together.
before destiny i was primraily a single player only guy
when we were fianlly raid ready thier wasnt enough of us to reasonable do it. this would have made end game content super appealing then. becuase of that most of my friends had moved on. since I was a member of neogaf I started posting in the comunity forums and so glad I did. It was a blessing in disguise becuase this is one of the greatest gaming expeiences I ever had. the onyl benifit I can see for this is that when posting something like

need 2 for PoE
1. me

it will be faster to get responses on slow gaf days

MildSoss

So zoba and unstable, how much do I gotta PayPal you guys to carry me through ToO.

Instead of carrying teams through raids for cash, carry them through pvp for sweet loot!

Raybunny

After some clean up ended up with this. Need MOAR!

Destiny.jpg

Hey Dgaf, I am just looking for some help. I just got back into Destiny currently a measly level 25 hunter. I am looking for fellow gaffers to play with and establish some fireteams. My PSN ID is Toyyo and I have a mic. I am on PS4. Not sure if this is the right place to post this maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Add me:

CthulhuSars

I have a 25 titan we can go do whatever you want.

ToS is a great idea. Too long the game has been strictly raid-oriented when it came to high-end gear. PvP needed something too.

You're great at PvE? Go play the new raid and get the best gear. Great at PvP? Go play ToS and get the best gear.

I'm honestly not sure why everyone is getting angry. All they're doing is filling a gap that's existed since the beginning. I don't have a third friend and that sucks, but I'll find one.

The matchmaking side is just another sore spot, not just the game mode type. Say you do find a 3rd friend. Will all 3 of you be able to play at the same time every weekend? If not, better get some more friends. The lack of social tools in the game just looks even more appalling with every update to the game.

Mindlog

So for Trials of Osiris.
Do I reroll the Spear now looking for final round or wait for a new faster firing sniper and reroll it then?

I am beginning to hate this game so much... Whenever I play with the team, we might have two good matches and then it's a complete lagfest.

Whenever I play with randoms, I get stuck with the guys who don't seem to have the use of both thumbs. Fuck this shit. Just one infuriating match after another.

Why would they waste time on a new mode if they didn't think it would be popular? There are tons of things they can do to appease the hardcore PvP community outside of new modes like adding game lobbies and custom matches.

Or, you know, actual Objective modes. :/

I'm sick of all the Slayer reskins.

Kyne

The matchmaking side is just another sore spot, not just the game mode type. Say you do find a 3rd friend. Will all 3 of you be able to play at the same time every weekend? If not, better get some more friends. The lack of social tools in the game just looks even more appalling with every update to the game.

You're preaching to the choir. I just said I don't have a third friend. What makes you think I've had it easy during the last couple of months with the 6-man raids?

I'm aware of how shitty non-matchmaking is. I feel like DGaf primarily resides in the realms of PVE. Now I'm just glad people can see the other side.

impressions from the videos

widows court > timekeeper > black shield > thieve's den

widows court is gorgeous. it looks like it has really good sightlines with wide open spaces and a lot of things for me to manuever around. there's some good height advantage here, but it'll be more around ducking around walls and cars to outplay opponents. at this point, i'm just worried that it's too big and too segmented.

timekeeper's similar in many ways, but instead has a tighter focus and more height. however, i have a feeling blink shotgun will be heavily abused on this map with some of the chokepoints

black shield still looks very dull and flat to me, but it could be part of its charm. it reminds me of halo 3's pit if all the hallways were blocked by doors.

i'm still trying to figure out whether thieve's den is more vertical than it looks. i really don't like that staircase and tunnel system around B and the rest of the sightlines are so poor into that area.

Just putting this out there, but I'm tired of barely ever doing raids since the small group of friends of friends stopped playing a while back to wait for HoW. Not sure I want to go the LFG route.

Done Crota on normal and hard a bunch.
Done VoG on normal once, Hard twice (yeah...)

Might just be looking for some friends on PS4 to play more consistently with, because I'm craving Fatebringer and VoC.

LTWood12

Just putting this out there, but I'm tired of barely ever doing raids since the small group of friends of friends stopped playing a while back to wait for HoW. Not sure I want to go the LFG route.

Might just be looking for some friends on PS4 to play more consistently with, because I'm craving Fatebringer and VoC.

You've come to the right place.

welcome to the DGAF! when ever you see a group forming feel free and request an invite. your friends list will fill up in no time. also post a raid sign up sheet yourself. there is usally all manner of us looking for something at any given time. most of us play on ps4 so finding a team wont be too hard. were most active on tuesdays of course.

ocean

Banned
That was fixed eons ago.
Good. I never did it but remember being clutch saved during a NF or two by someone doing it. Wold be been real shitty if that was still possible with ToO.

All in all I'm surprised people are reacting this way to no ToO matchmaking. It's the PvP endgame, just like Raids in PvE. Lots of communication required etc. as long as this community is active I doubt it'll be a big problem for us.

Deku Tree

Is this like...going forward, or just for the week?

......ok you know what if that's true, and if it's permanently for everyone, bungie has earned a little good will from me.

Datto made it sound like all the TDB maps would be permanently put into the regular Playlists for all owners of Vanila Destiny to play online. Nothing new here. This is also the way Bungie used to do it with Halo Map packs.

Datto made it sound like all the TDB maps would be permanently put into the regular Playlists for all owners of Vanila Destiny to play online. Nothing new here. This is also the way Bungie used to do it with Halo Map packs.

It's not new, but it is cool they are still doing it.

This is a new Bungie... Halo Bungie was MS this is Activision Bungie so its a new world for all.

The more I think about Trials, the more I'm just kind of whatever on it. It's a cool and fun looking mode, but it's not anything super special or exceptionally different. It would have been nice if it was super-less. No matchmaking means I'm going to get very few chances to play it. I'm sure it will be cool, but I'm just not hyped.

ideally, parties would match parties and randoms would match randoms. eliminating randoms entirely seems like a bit of a bandaid fix.

it's a new crucible mode though so i can see the angle. voice chat has been in the game for ages and i've rarely seen it used in crucible. a team with no chemistry isn't going to suddenly start at the threshold of a competitive event.

vwluke

Neo Member

sent me a friend request I am looking for people to play with PSN ID Toyyo

He narrates the beginning of the Shrine of Oryx.

"Every end crawls from the same pit, rising from the schism to swallow matter, Light, and life. It will not be stopped, but here it can be slowed. The Shrines of Oryx must be destroyed."

oh shit, that's right

totally forgot about that

he's the "old warlock"

The more I think about Trials, the more I'm just kind of whatever on it. It's a cool and fun looking mode, but it's not anything super special or exceptionally different. It would have been nice if it was super-less. No matchmaking means I'm going to get very few chances to play it. I'm sure it will be cool, but I'm just not hyped.

i'm more interested in the new maps and less interested in trials. supers + heavy + no spawn switch =
Rapunzel-Sad-Sigh-Reaction-Gif.gif

bun. gie. pls.

I am beginning to hate this game so much... Whenever I play with the team, we might have two good matches and then it's a complete lagfest.

Whenever I play with randoms, I get stuck with the guys who don't seem to have the use of both thumbs. Fuck this shit. Just one infuriating match after another.

Throw the beginning of the match when playing with randoms. I still hold on to that old theory of mine.

Throw the game until the very first heavy drop. Then start playing like you normally would. Chances are while you are losing you'll drop some dead weight with quitters who see they aren't getting a win and they'll be replaced by players equal to the higher level opponents on the other team.

i'm more interested in the new maps and less interested in trials. supers + heavy + no spawn switch =
Rapunzel-Sad-Sigh-Reaction-Gif.gif

bun. gie. pls.

Basically me too. I'm glad the TDB maps are getting put in free rotation and Crucible mark rewards are going up. The new maps look good too for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom