• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Please, no matchmaking. I'd rather have there be a scaling difficulty so you're able to solo it instead of having to deal with randies.

I mean, why is it so hard to have both? I want to solo weekly heroics sometimes. Other times I can't find a nightfall group and would love for matchmaking. Raids are another deal of course and we'll see with Prison of Elders, but I'd like there to be matching if its like Firefight anyway.

I mean, why is it so hard to have both? I want to solo weekly heroics sometimes. Other times I can't find a nightfall group and would love for matchmaking. Raids are another deal of course and we'll see with Prison of Elders, but I'd like there to be matching if its like Firefight anyway.

Having options is better, obviously, but this is Bungie we're talking about.

Part of me still has trouble imagining that I just uttered that sentence. Couldn't have done that 5 years ago.

Having options is better, obviously, but this is Bungie we're talking about.

Part of me still has trouble imagining that I just uttered that sentence. Couldn't have done that 5 years ago.

I was thinking the same thing reading the first part... :/
fantasy
http://i.minus.com/iGiWMm5YXmPr6.gif[/img

reality
[img]http://i.imgur.com/FSGUkAl.jpg[/img

bungie's skybox is [I]amazing[/I][/QUOTE]

Ftfy

Did they remove Final Round from Efrideet's Spear this IB? I've spent 30 motes and haven't gotten it once :/.

I just got done rolling a few times and I got it once. However, the other perk was terrible, so I kept trying my luck. My luck ran out (actually motes ran out). So, I got stuck with Performance Bonus and Firefly, which isn't that bad.

Yeah, it took firing an employee to add in a basic option that every game should have(And most do).

.....basically who does Bungie need to fire to add matchmaking into Nightfall

Yep. Marty was notorious for not letting them implement audio options because it would "ruin the experience".

It's why Halo never had audio options.

Man, this game just keeps tossing me Exotic Bounties. I have two concurrent Bad Juju bounties running on my Warlock, in theory I should only have to do everything once and get two exotic shards. :lol

According to Bungie it was Paul who approached them not the other way around.

a LEGEND who self admitted he doesnt enjoy video games and only really played beatles rock band with his grandkids approached a video game developer to write and perform a song for a video game about shooting wizards on the moon.........

I can see that

a LEGEND who self admitted he doesnt enjoy video games and only really played beatles rock band with his grandkids approached a video game developer to write and perform a song for a video game about shooting wizards on the moon.........

I can see that

A legend who's career could use a jump start so he could latch onto the brand of one of gamings biggest names and hopefully become relevant again in the eyes of a new generation of youth.

By "Paul" I'm sure they meant Paul's people talked to Bungie's people. Money was exchanged.

A legend who's career could use a jump start so he could latch onto the brand of one of gamings biggest names and hopefully become relevant again in the eyes of a new generation of youth.

By "Paul" I'm sure they meant Paul's people talked to Bungie's people. Money was exchanged.

Yeah, it was definitely Bungie paying Paul. And Marty probably splurged that he could collaborate with a real musician.

But seriously if Bungie needs to fire people in order to get things done.....hire me Bungie. I will unequivocally, apathetically fire people.

Yeah, it was definitely Bungie paying Paul. And Marty probably splurged that he could collaborate with a real musician.

But seriously if Bungie needs to fire people in order to get things done.....hire me Bungie. I will unequivocally, apathetically fire people.
Hire me Bungie to fire Breezy when he's done firing people.

Atone13

Well, since I missed the first IB event I decided now would be as a good a time as any to jump in and give the pvp part a fair shake. And while I have been getting my rear end handed to me, often in fact, I'm having my moments, and they're a lot of fun. I'm actually eager to get in play some more, might be able to get my IB rank high enough to pick up a helm that I need to get me to 32.

Feel free to add me if you're playing some IB, psn is Atone1382. Or if there's any interest in a HM VoG I'm up for some of that as well.

Let's be honest, no one was going "hey I should check out this Destiny game, Paul McCartney is in it", they were going "hey Destiny is pretty good I should check out this Paul McCartney guy who made a song about the game I play".

Hire me Bungie to fire Breezy when he's done firing people.

And I will be ok with that.

A true queen.

I'll reign with my left hand, and rule with my right~

Let's be honest, no one was going "hey I should check out this Destiny game, Paul McCartney is in it", they were going "hey Destiny is pretty good I should check out this Paul McCartney guy who made a song about the game I play".

I don't think that anyone who doesn't know about the Beatles, would want to uh, well would listen to the song to begin with. To insinuate that Paul McCartney needs to jumpstart his popularity again with Destiny is uh......like no <_> My opinion.

okay then i'll x-post this now. here's a quick summary of what i've gathered

• 3v3 elimination gametype
  • level advantages enabled
  • first team to 5 rounds wins
  • no respawns; only revives (or sunsinger rezzes)
  • one map per week on rotation
  • one round of heavy ammo after one team has won 3 rounds
  • rounds last 2 minutes
  • a capture point will spawn in the middle of the map in "overtime" after 2 minutes. whoever caps it wins
  • will not matchmaking teammates. need premade team to match against other premade teams
  • players matched based on connection instead of skill
  • you match a different team after every match
  • quitting counts as a loss
  • you can cash in rewards after different amount of wins
  • 3 losses and you need to buy a new passage to enter again. there's no caps on how many passages you can buy
  • you can "forgive losses" or "add wins", but the coins required to do so are rare and drop from other activities
  • event lasts from friday to tuesday reset

i thought it was first team to three losses is out. not first team to 5 wins is the winner. that's just how the match in the stream today worked out, no?

Man, this game just keeps tossing me Exotic Bounties. I have two concurrent Bad Juju bounties running on my Warlock, in theory I should only have to do everything once and get two exotic shards. :lol
What? I thought that was impossible?

Doesn't the game restrict itself from offering you a duplicate exotic bounty?

Like, I can remember times where I'd get an exotic bounty and I was only offered 1 or 2 bounties instead of 3 because I already had the others in my inventory.

i thought it was first team to three losses is out. not first team to 5 wins is the winner. that's just how the match in the stream today worked out, no?

You're confusing game for match.

What? I thought that was impossible?

Doesn't the game restrict itself from offering you a duplicate exotic bounty?

Like, I can remember times where I'd get an exotic bounty and I was only offered 1 or 2 bounties instead of 3 because I already had the others in my inventory.

Yeah, you're right, I was confused because the emblems were the same. I've got three Exotic Bounties on my Warlock and two on my Hunter and Titan each. It's getting ridiculous.

First team to 5 wins the match. Your scorecard can only have 3 games lost before being eliminated from the Trials and require readmission.

Namikaze1

You need to win 5 rounds in a ToO match in order to win the match.

Three straight match losses leads you to losing your current ToO ticket. Basically resets your ToO progress since it seems there's no rep system tied to ToO like Iron Banner.

And I will be ok with that.

I'll reign with my left hand, and rule with my right~

I don't think that anyone who doesn't know about the Beatles, would want to uh, well would listen to the song to begin with. To insinuate that Paul McCartney needs to jumpstart his popularity again with Destiny is uh......like no <_> My opinion.

Not his popularity. Hes freaking Paul McCartney. Its one facet of trying to pull in a new demo of youth who play games. The only thing that was selling more copies of Destiny was Paul's capability of getting it advertised through wherever he released his music video. I agree the song is terrible.

Ophelion

Yeah, you're right, I was confused because the emblems were the same. I've got three Exotic Bounties on my Warlock and two on my Hunter and Titan each. It's getting ridiculous.

Yeah, it was cluttering up my main for a really long time. I had three just sitting there, taking up a bounty slot for the longest time. Finally pushed through and got Thorn, Bad Juju and Super Good Advice in the span of a week though. I only have one Exotic bounty left, I think. The fusion rifle one? Is there a fusion rifle one?

Homeboyd

Some missed stuff the stream didn't discuss:

- Crucible marks and rep are doubling across the board

- Trials passages cost 100 glimmer

- There are 12 new legendary items that can drop in the Crucible

- Etheric light is a guaranteed drop at level 3 and level 5 of Iron Banner

- If you ascend an exotic, you will not lose progress but will have to continue leveling an unfinished item

- Crucible rewards have doubled in their frequency and the better you play, the more likely the reward

- Dark Below crucible maps will soon be free to all

- Trials matchmaking (to clarify, this is between your fireteam and your opponent. You must make your own fireteam) will choose connection over skill

- There will be an Elimination Mode you can play all the time (Trials minus the bells and whistles)

- Completing the daily crucible objective will give you a reward package that will contain Passage Coins for items that will help in Trials of Osiris, glimmer, motes of light, and more.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ws_ign_has_revealed_crucible_and_trials_info/

Yeah, it was cluttering up my main for a really long time. I had three just sitting there, taking up a bounty slot for the longest time. Finally pushed through and got Thorn, Bad Juju and Super Good Advice in the span of a week though. I only have one Exotic bounty left, I think. The fusion rifle one? Is there a fusion rifle one?

Pocket Infinity, yes.

I have all the weapons already, so I'm kinda debating just getting rid of the bounties. Only one I want to keep is Super Good Advice, since that's a cheap Exotic shard.

Some missed stuff the stream didn't discuss:

- Crucible marks and rep are doubling across the board

- Trials passages cost 100 glimmer

- There are 12 new legendary items that can drop in the Crucible

- Etheric light is a guaranteed drop at level 3 and level 5 of Iron Banner

- If you ascend an exotic, you will not lose progress but will have to continue leveling an unfinished item

- Crucible rewards have doubled in their frequency and the better you play, the more likely the reward

- Dark Below crucible maps will soon be free to all

- Trials matchmaking (to clarify, this is between your fireteam and your opponent. You must make your own fireteam) will choose connection over skill

- There will be an Elimination Mode you can play all the time (Trials minus the bells and whistles)

- Completing the daily crucible objective will give you a reward package that will contain Passage Coins for items that will help in Trials of Osiris, glimmer, motes of light, and more.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ws_ign_has_revealed_crucible_and_trials_info/

So I'm guessing ascending a weapon will give it +34 attack from whatever its at? Or is it that the +attack only activates once you've maxed it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom