• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunk#7

Except that matches in the real world will not play out like in that mostly staged demo.

In reality you are going to see a ton of one shot body shot Speer shit.

There are numerous ways to play and shotguns are just one viable method. I typically run scout rifle, shotgun, and rocket launcher as that is what I am most effective with. Some dominate with hand cannons like Thorn, but I hate hand cannons personally so I leave that to others. I have no problem with being killed by another strategy. Just makes me revise my own.

I love how varied Destiny PvP is. There are a lot of techniques being used and different abilities coming into play.

I guess I just see it differently, but I have never understood why some dislike PvP modes in general. I really enjoy facing opponents that are not programmed to act in a certain manner. Much more thrilling to take something out that is trying to out think you.

Lima

There are numerous ways to play and shotguns are just one viable method. I typically run scout rifle, shotgun, and rocket launcher as that is what I am most effective with. Some dominate with hand cannons like Thorn, but I hate hand cannons personally so I leave that to others. I have no problem with being killed by another strategy. Just makes me revise my own.

I love how varied Destiny PvP is. There are a lot of techniques being used and different abilities coming into play.

I guess I just see it differently, but I have never understood why some dislike PvP modes in general. I really enjoy facing opponents that are not programmed to act in a certain manner. Much more thrilling to take something out that is trying to out think you.

The speer is a sniper, not a shotgun. Snipers will dominate Trials of Osiris as you saw in the reveal.

And the Speer with final round just happens to be the worst because it is a one shot body shot.

has the limited special ammo not helped curb the final round abuse?

There is still a ton of green ammo and especially in 3v3. Less people to pick it up means more ammo for you.

NeOak

Things will be a little different this week. Instead of a newbie raid tomorrow I'll be running a newbie-friendly Iron Banner train from about 8:00PM EST onward for anyone who might want to check it out but is worried about k/d or anything like that.

Then on Sunday, there will be a full newbie raid of CE and then a little bit of sword practice at Crota for any 31s in attendance that are interested.

Count me in for both. My K/D blows as lv30
lol

Cool, invites incoming in a couple minutes once we finish this match.

I'll join on Quint

Apparently you can only do Trial of Osiris once per week.

<____> And Datto pretty much confirms that Warlocks/Hunters are going to be the best classes to run.

hydruxo

Apparently you can only do Trial of Osiris once per week.

<____> And Datto pretty much confirms that Warlocks/Hunters are going to be the best classes to run.

Not true. You can buy passage cards as much as you want if you get 3 losses/max out wins on another one.

hydruxo

Watching his video, he mentions you can only buy one pass per week per character. Dunno if his info is wrong, but...thats what he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRL10Q_rs14

Well, Gunslinger+Warlock revive..

Watch the video again, there's a box that pops up on the left when he says it that corrects him (it was there on the site, not sure if it shows up on mobile).You can play trials as much as you want while it's going on.

Dunk#7

The speer is a sniper, not a shotgun. Snipers will dominate Trials of Osiris as you saw in the reveal.

And the Speer with final round just happens to be the worst because it is a one shot body shot.

Sorry I misunderstood what you meant. I thought you were describing shotguns for some reason and thought the spear reference was just some way of describing the shotgun action. Makes no sense in hindsight but whatever

I still say I will perform fine with my load out. I often take out snipers with my scout rifle which is my favorite thing to do.

I would think if you choose the right routes you could close in on a sniper and they would likely have to switch weapons for close range attack.

I like the concept I thought of where you could change your subclass between matches to throw the other team off (maybe a little)

Dunk#7

So does ToO drop you to 0 wins after each loss, or do you just have to get 10 wins before you get 3 losses in any order?

Edit: Sorry for the double post. Thought somebody else would have posted something in the time between my posts.

hydruxo

So does ToO drop you to 0 wins after each loss, or do you just have to get 10 wins before you get 3 losses in any order?

Edit: Sorry for the double post. Thought somebody else would have posted something in the time between my posts.

The latter. But even if you get 3 losses before you get 10 wins, you can still turn in the scorecard for gear before you pick a new card to keep going.

As of HoW, all legendary and exotic armor will be capable of letting you reach the cap. You no longer have to do raids if the specific perks on those pieces don't interest you.

It does. I think people assumed you where asking about the best gear as of right now. Once the House of Wolves hits there will be four avenues for the highest level gear; Raids, Prison of Elders, Iron Banner, and Trials of Osiris. Also, any combination of this gear will get you the max level; you do not need a "full raid set," but rather one piece from here and another from there will get you the same result.

Thanks. That was what the idea I had, so good to know there are more options now

I still can't understand the people who don't want to play the raids even once. They are a unique shooter experience you can't get anywhere else. To each their own though I suspose.

how come?

I'm just weird about social stuff online. I pretty much only play with people I know in person and I don't know anyone who plays this. Plus from watching a raid it seemed like a huge time sink

Mindlog

has the limited special ammo not helped curb the final round abuse?
Just in case I rerolled my PvE Solar Spear to fish for Final Round. I wanted Arc because while LDR is good my Solar and Void needs will be well covered by other snipers.

Very first roll.
Arc
Ambush Scope, Performance Bonus, Snapshot/AP/Perfect Balance, Final Round

I was sort of hoping for Unflinching. However, if Final Round and Performance Bonus work together then.
I'll take it.
-switching to Truth and Gjallarhorn for the heavy round because these are more or less guaranteed kills
Post Edit: I don't understand why this was absent on the stream.

here's how games of Trials of Osiris are going to go on Burning Shrine

-lots of annoying ramps and corners, so it'll be renamed Thorns of Osiris
-Blink + Felwinters
-final round snipers outside watching the doorways. ammo doesn't really mean much when you only have one life
-switching to Truth and Gjallarhorn for the heavy round because these are more or less guaranteed kills
-will probably see Voidwalkers switch to Sunsingers for the last round, but it wont really work against good teams. Sunsingers without radiant skin are just easy targets.
-Titan Defenders will probably be in demand for weapons of light

good teams will snipe or Thorn one player and then Blink on the remaining two while they're trapped in a corner. Burning Shrine's best 3v3 strategy is to sit outside. Bungie probably knows this and it's why they put the capture point behind the pillar and closer to the inside. if team's sit out there, they wont have decent sightlines to the tiebreaker.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Anybody still need to do nightfall?

I fell behind :(

Edit: mfn_pie mind if I join you with my missus?

PSN: BiGBoSSMk23

Zocano

Yah I'll be in for Trials of Osiris. It seems like an alright mode, nothing amazing. I still think it's a really dumb move by them to not make PvP centric gear and make a more tiered PvP system based on gear.

Like a separate "Light" level but for PvP. I dunno.

I think a problem with it in its current form will be that a lot of us here will get all the gear and content we'd want from Trials fairly shortly.

edit: Because of the way the win system works, we could potentially knock out all available gear in just a handful of games and then be done with it.

Rehsa

Doing Nightfall once. Join up on me, otherwise pop me a FR. PSN same as GAF.

Sending FR, PSN Moridin

Some late top of page ToO stuffs

trialsofosirisaction3rdp02png-531622_624w.png

trialsofosirisaction3rdp01png-1f4858_624w.png

mpmap4timekeepermarsstill003jpg-1f485a_624w.jpg

Pulse Rifle
sparechangeweaponjpg-1f485d_624w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom