• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Pandora!! NOO!! I would have revived you when you fell off that little cliff! xD

Respawning puts you right back at the beginning. lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Bungie will ever release armor that offers defense buffs against certain elemental damage.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What? Selfrevive and overshield After melee? Targeting super that followed you?
they will wreck in too just because of reviving on their own

only reason sunslingers are even viable in pvp is because of proper fusion grenade spam. self-res is cute and all but if we're talking about game changing 'out of bounds' stuff like that then the titan defender is farrrrrrrrrrrr more valuable in that they can kick out shields to the entire team while choking a map.

and they can jump without being immediately free

void bomb = worst pvp super in the game. even with tracking you can jump over or 'behind it', slow start up, floaty and telegraphed animation, cooldown animation as well

JimPanzer

FFS. level 30 now and still can't beat the fuckin daily. Why do they have to make this shit harder than dark souls? Really want to like this game but it's pissing me off again and again.

With friends having a tendancy of sticking together on the opposite team is there any other option than to have 3 hunters getting their super and using it each round for an instant 3win streak?

If it doesn't reset(Looking at some ToO videos, I see rounds starting with almost half the bar filled), yeah, that could happen. However I believe the 3rd round(Or 4th), heavy ammo spawns, which is about the time a super would regenerate fully.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
FFS. level 30 now and still can't beat the fuckin daily. Why do they have to make this shit harder than dark souls? Really want to like this game but it's pissing me off again and again.
It's nice for people looking for a challenge. You can always skip it. It's just a daily!

This daily happens to be a bitch. In fact, the 'Stop Crotas Soul' and 'Defend the Bunker' just suck in general.

If it doesn't reset(Looking at some ToO videos, I see rounds starting with almost half the bar filled), yeah, that could happen. However I believe the 3rd round(Or 4th), heavy ammo spawns, which is about the time a super would regenerate fully.

They said heavy ammo spawns after one team wins 3 rounds.

JimPanzer

It's nice for people looking for a challenge. You can always skip it. It's just a daily!

Well the daily is the only way for me to get upgrade materials, which I need to progress. Locking something like that behind what might as well be a gear check is just dumb

Whats the max level for the hard mode? Is it level 32? Dont even remember the last time I actually did a daily haha. Welp if its level 32 and youre a level 30, there is gonna be be a ~42% damage penalty. Personally its such a cheap and lazy way to make the game "hard" especially with the waves of bullet sponge adds Bungie throws at you...

Lima

About the commendation thing. I remember reading that Gothalion wanted to ask Deej if the rep goes towards a faction of you have their class item equipped. Do we know anything about this yet?

JimPanzer

Whats the max level for the hard mode? Is it level 32? Dont even remember the last time I actually did a daily haha. Welp if its level 32 and youre a level 30, there is gonna be be a ~42% damage penalty. Personally its such a cheap and lazy way to make the game "hard" especially with the waves of bullet sponge adds Bungie throws at you...

it's 30 and I'm 30. It's just dumb. Half of the time I can't even see shit.

Well the daily is the only way for me to get upgrade materials, which I need to progress. Locking something like that behind what might as well be a gear check is just dumb

Ascendants? If you're level 30 you can Raid, which is the only way to get Radiants which get you to level 32.

If you're talking about just Spirit Bloom or something they're on patrol.

If you still need help with Daily add PSN Phaethon I'll help you.

JimPanzer

Ascendants? If you're level 30 you can Raid, which is the only way to get Radiants which get you to level 32.

I'll add you, trying for an hour now. Got to the last wave, but messed up then :/

Finally got the Praetorian Foil last night, so that's all VoG guns got now.

Just need the crux for full raid weapon completion. If only Crota would stop being buggy.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

raiding isn't the only way to get level 32. you can get 32 with Iron Banner gear

ocean

Banned
I guess with ToO, I'm kinda happy they're opening up the paths to reach max? I'm less salty then I was earlier.
Not just ToO. Iron Banner, ToO and all the new Vendor armor, along with CE, VoG and PoE armor should hit 32 right? And there's two ToO sets (drop and purchase).

That's 11 armor sets that can reach 34. Variety at last!

Which mission is it, The Wakening? That one's a bitch. I routintely had trouble with it even as a level 31, until i got my Gjallarhorn. Crota's ass shard doesn't stand a chance now.

Zocano

On one hand I guess it's nice that old cool gear can be max level old cool gear.

But I think it's reeaaal weird they're making hitting max level super easy and/or super straightforward. Dunno what their angle is on any of that when level was the only way they could gear check their content.

edit: It's gonna be a real long slog until anything that feels like Vault of Glass Lv 26 "progression". At least that was fun and had a raid progression feel behind it. But nothing does now. Dunno what content later this year will be but it's gonna feel real damn dry until then. I don't see how Prison of Elders or anything from House of Wolves can be seen as "enough" until then.

Shito

Not just ToO. Iron Banner, ToO and all the new Vendor armor, along with CE, VoG and PoE armor should hit 32 right? And there's two ToO sets (drop and purchase).

That's 11 armor sets that can reach 34. Variety at last!
Was there some more details to it?
Because I was under the impression armors worked the same way as weapons did: you can max out anyone you like. Are you getting mixed up with the fact that only new weapons can be *reforged*, or was there an announcement that states that old armor can't be upgraded for whatever reason? ^^

Warmind. It's really easy imo but without good crowd control it can be quite painful.

Yeah, both those missions are ridiculous. I just make sure to take a heavy ammo synth with me now, and just blow those Wakers of Crota out of the sky the moment they appear.

On one hand I guess it's nice that old cool gear can be max level old cool gear.

But I think it's reeaaal weird they're making hitting max level super easy and/or super straightforward. Dunno what their angle is on any of that when level was the only way they could gear check their content.

edit: It's gonna be a real long slog until anything that feels like Vault of Glass Lv 26 "progression". At least that was fun and had a raid progression feel behind it. But nothing does now. Dunno what content later this year will be but it's gonna feel real damn dry until then. I don't see how Prison of Elders or anything from House of Wolves can be seen as "enough" until then.

I wouldn't call what we got in VoG "progression". More like "weekly frustration".

I think the system they're implementing now is far better. People want to look special, look different from everyone else. Having everyone run around in raid gear kinda counters that. Now, if you want to be a badass titan with a fur collar and still reach level 34, you can, and I think that's great.

The warmind daily is hell on me. Had to do it 5 times yesterday. managed to nail most of the bounties in that time though, heh. I also cheesed the nightfall one. Loadup, blow up three majors in the first room, die, repeat. Got no friends to play with currently so I have to resort to cheesing.

Wakening you can cheese with a nice rocket launcher. Blam blam blam, witches are dead. You can also stand in a corner and be safe from the floor people when you need to shoot the shard. Keep in mind to waste the shooters when they pop up.

EDIT: Also, what's the deal with ascended energy, got like 50 of them but 0 shards. Can't wait for the DLC material exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom