• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to rank 3 and bought the chest piece and Spear.
Rolled it twice and got Unflinching/Field Scout/Firefly, a keeper imo.

Edit:
If anyone wants to play some IB, Blaze and me are running some games, only lost 2 so far.

LkPr

I'm sure this is an easy answer but I just don't know it... I have an original MIDA that I did not buy the upgrade for from Xur so I am wondering when HoW comes out can I just ascend this to max damage instead of buying the original upgrade for Xur? Would it be a better option or worse?

I'm sure this is an easy answer but I just don't know it... I have an original MIDA that I did not buy the upgrade for from Xur so I am wondering when HoW comes out can I just ascend this to max damage instead of buying the original upgrade for Xur? Would it be a better option or worse?

You'll be able to upgrade it without xur. At this point, you should just wait.

123rl

I just got a bounty for Bad Juju. Is it worth proceeding with it, when I truly hate Crucible and know I'll have to put hours into it to finish the bounty?

I just got a bounty for Bad Juju. Is it worth proceeding with it, when I truly hate Crucible and know I'll have to put hours into it to finish the bounty?

It's a great weapon, really. Barely ever requires reloading and gets your super back ridiculously fast. Combine it with a Voidwalker and Obsidian Mind for non-stop Supers.

The warmind daily is hell on me. Had to do it 5 times yesterday. managed to nail most of the bounties in that time though, heh. I also cheesed the nightfall one. Loadup, blow up three majors in the first room, die, repeat. Got no friends to play with currently so I have to resort to cheesing.

Wakening you can cheese with a nice rocket launcher. Blam blam blam, witches are dead. You can also stand in a corner and be safe from the floor people when you need to shoot the shard. Keep in mind to waste the shooters when they pop up.

EDIT: Also, what's the deal with ascended energy, got like 50 of them but 0 shards. Can't wait for the DLC material exchange.

dude, just post when you're doing it. there are many in this thread who will just jump in to either complete it, or help you complete it :)

123rl

It's a great weapon, really. Barely ever requires reloading and gets your super back ridiculously fast. Combine it with a Voidwalker and Obsidian Mind for non-stop Supers.

That's sold me on the idea then, thanks. I love using Obsidian Mind and Voidwalker

my thoughts

"why do i need an exotic solar rocket launcher with lower blast radius when i just got a legendary void one that's tearing up praetorians?"

and then the first time you solo gatekeeper with the ghorn, you understand.

of course, now everyone just does it with shotguns.

i thought GKs had a close-range melee slam attack? doesn't that counter using shotty's?

How... How is the new horn doing? Does it still have that new horn smell?

i haven't posted anything about it, so as to not pour salt in a fresh wound, but i unlocked Wolfpack yesterday, and it is wonderful. i don't think you'll need help partying up, but if you ever do, i'd love to be there when it finally does drop for you!

You'll be able to upgrade it without xur. At this point, you should just wait.

Yeah wait on upgrading weapons. Armour, though, if you find that Xur has one that has higher stats like Discipline, Intellect, or Strength... I'd say it's worth upgrading if you're into that sort of thing. I like to have as close to max stats on my gear as possible.

Max possible stats for Light 36 (Level 32) gear:

Helmets: 128 (64 split max per stat on Legendary)
Gauntlets: 113 (56 split max per stat on Legendary)
Chest Armours: 170 (85 split max per stat on Legendary)
Leg Armours: 156 (78 split max per stat on Legendary)

Split Exotic Helmets: 73 per stat / max 146 total
Split Exotic Gauntlets: 65 per stat / max 130 total

Quick Guide (Level 32):
Every 3 points of Intellect = 1 second faster charging of Super
Every 8 points of Discipline = 1 second faster charging of Grenades
Every 7 points of Strength = 1 second faster charging of Melee

Beyond I think 278 of each stat (at level 32), there is no bonus as that is considered 100%. Certain gear and subclass perks can decrease charge time beyond that though.

I'm like 99% on the above. Not sure if Intellect affects Orbs of Light energy.

Owensboro

I've finally gotten a character up to 18 and was thinking "Hey, it's about time for me to try out the Clan stuff in this game. I wonder if GAF has one."
*Browses to DestinyGAF thread*
*Reads note: UPDATE - 2015 - A great majority of the people in charge (including me) have either left or stopped supporting this clan (and game) for a variety of reasons. You probably will not be accepted.*
"Oh.......oh. What a bummer."

In short, what... what clan is everyone in at the moment? (I feel like a child inviting himself over to someone's house. Ugh) Anyone want to deal with someone completely new to the game crapping up their clan?

Namikaze1

I've finally gotten a character up to 18 and was thinking "Hey, it's about time for me to try out the Clan stuff in this game. I wonder if GAF has one."
*Browses to DestinyGAF thread*
*Reads note: UPDATE - 2015 - A great majority of the people in charge (including me) have either left or stopped supporting this clan (and game) for a variety of reasons. You probably will not be accepted.*
"Oh.......oh. What a bummer."

In short, what... what clan is everyone in at the moment? (I feel like a child inviting himself over to someone's house. Ugh) Anyone want to deal with someone completely new to the game crapping up their clan?
Join us over at Path of the Hawk!

We have cookies!

Edit: Hawkian has cookies. I don't. Sadly.

Yeah wait on upgrading weapons. Armour, though, if you find that Xur has one that has higher stats like Discipline, Intellect, or Strength... I'd say it's worth upgrading if you're into that sort of thing. I like to have as close to max stats on my gear as possible.

Max possible stats for Light 36 (Level 32) gear:

Helmets: 128 (64 split max per stat on Legendary)
Gauntlets: 113 (56 split max per stat on Legendary)
Chest Armours: 170 (85 split max per stat on Legendary)
Leg Armours: 156 (78 split max per stat on Legendary)

Split Exotic Helmets: 73 per stat / max 146 total
Split Exotic Gauntlets: 65 per stat / max 130 total

Quick Guide (Level 32):
Every 3 points of Intellect = 1 second faster charging of Super
Every 8 points of Discipline = 1 second faster charging of Grenades
Every 7 points of Strength = 1 second faster charging of Melee

Beyond I think 278 of each stat (at level 32), there is no bonus as that is considered 100%. Certain gear and subclass perks can decrease charge time beyond that though.

I'm like 99% on the above. Not sure if Intellect affects Orbs of Light energy.
that was quite nerdular...

and quite useful!!! Thanks!

nOoblet16

Haha, Felwinter with hammer forged and rangefinder just isn't fair lol. This thing has more range than Universal Remote.

Field choke + hammer forged + Shot Package is even less fair than that.

Is this the best sniper available right now? I need to know if I should care about this
It isn't, LDR from the tower vendor is a better choice. You could get a decent roll on it with Field Scout, Unflincing and Final Round but even then it won't be the best for PvP or PvE...a Predyth's Revenge would still be a better option imo due to higher fire rate.

I have a Longbow synthesis but with RNG and have ended up with the perfect PvP sniper with 100% stability, pretty high rate of fire, final round and unflinching so my Spear is just going to rot just like my Timur's Lash as I have better options.

LTWood12

Hadnt played pvp since the last iron banner, and I was on remote play, but decided to go ahead and fire it up. Felt pretty good after this first game:

8rpK8qb.jpg

I'm expecting Xur to sell Hawkmoon come September 11. Don't let me down, Bungle.

hate to burst your bubble, but he's probably going to be selling the 4th Horseman

Never heard of them. They don't exist and you can't prove it to me.

--

Also, there seems to be some confusion on the Passages for Trials of Osiris. At least, I was confused so I looked it up.

If you have, say, 4 wins on a Passage, and then lose 3 times, you lose that Passage, but you will still be able to buy gear from Vance in the Reef for everything that requires 4 wins or below. However, if you then go and buy a new Passage that same weekend, you will not start at 4 wins, rather 0 wins, and if you want to buy something that requires 6 wins, you will need to win 6 matches. The highest amount of wins in a Passage that you had in a particular week will be what you're allowed to purchase from Vance, regardless of if you lose 3 and have to start over. Your high score is remembered.

Now, I'm not sure about this as there's conflicting info, but I think it's 100 glimmer for the first Passage of the week, and after that it costs Osiris coins which can be found in regular Crucible (could be the other way around). Highest score (wins) that week = gear unlocked for purchase at Vance up to that score (wins).

Everything resets on Tuesdays, and none of the above will carry forward to the next week.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
My IB buff from last night is still active this morning, but it looks like it's only giving me the XP buff for Wednesday still. Will I get to buy the Thursday one again today? I guess I should save turning in bounties.

My IB buff from last night is still active this morning, but it looks like it's only giving me the XP buff for Wednesday still. Will I get to buy the Thursday one again today? I guess I should save turning in bounties.

I think you can buy a buff every 12 hours. Don't save in turning in bounties because you will then not be able to do the bounties for the current day as I found out this morning. (unless you don't have time to do today's)

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I think you can buy a buff every 12 hours. Don't save in turning in bounties because you will then not be able to do the bounties for the current day as I found out this morning. (unless you don't have time to do today's)

I saw that. These are Thursday bounties, I already did my Wednesday ones last night. I just want the Thursday buff on the Thursday bounties.

I saw that. These are Thursday bounties, I already did my Wednesday ones last night. I just want the Thursday buff on the Thursday bounties.

Ah I see. Yeah I'm pretty sure you can still buy a Thursday buff once your Wednesday buff runs out. I remember buying two in one day before but I could have been drunk.

ethomaz

Banned
Hadnt played pvp since the last iron banner, and I was on remote play, but decided to go ahead and fire it up. Felt pretty good after this first game:
My experience with Remote Play in PVP was bad with shotgun (the other player always shot first) but good with mid range weapons like Red Death or Hankmoon.

There is a small delay when you shoot and the action happen.

LTWood12

My experience with Remote Play in PVP was bad with shotgun (the other player always shot first) but good with mid range weapons like Red Death or Hankmoon.

There is a small delay when you shoot and the action happen.

Definitely isn't my preferred way to play. I played quite a bit more conservatively to make up for the lag and it made a huge difference. Showed me I probably need to play that way all of the time.

i haven't posted anything about it, so as to not pour salt in a fresh wound, but i unlocked Wolfpack yesterday, and it is wonderful. i don't think you'll need help partying up, but if you ever do, i'd love to be there when it finally does drop for you!

Haha. Good. No worries, post whatever you want. I'm not real-life salty, just virtually salty.

I think I'm about done with attempts this week. I have two NM Atheon kills left that I could take advantage of, but we'll see.

I might also play some IB because I really do enjoy it... but then I remember that I've grinded to rank 5 more times than I'd like to admit... might sit this one out.

Oh, cool... top of page... well...

57700484.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom