• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has this been discussed? Saw on reddit yesterday...

http://www.destinydb.com/activities/860566204-halls-of-amentet

Halls of Amentet
Social
Max Players: 3
Destination: Mercury

"Only true champions, tested in the Trials of Osiris, dare set foot in these fabled halls."

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/593488260875292672

"Wrapping up now. Wonder why they didn't show what happens when you rack up nine wins on a single Passage. Oh, well. Thanks for tuning in!"

9 wins in ToO = access to super top secret Mercury Social Space?

Are my hopes too high?

LTWood12

So has this been discussed? Saw on reddit yesterday...

http://www.destinydb.com/activities/860566204-halls-of-amentet

Halls of Amentet
Social
Max Players: 3
Destination: Mercury

"Only true champions, tested in the Trials of Osiris, dare set foot in these fabled halls."

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/593488260875292672

"Wrapping up now. Wonder why they didn't show what happens when you rack up nine wins on a single Passage. Oh, well. Thanks for tuning in!"

9 wins in ToO = access to super top secret Mercury Social Space?

Are my hopes too high?

Seems like that's probably what it is. Nine wins on a single passage is going to be tough though.

Homeboyd

Nah, with enough coin stacking we'll be able to buy our way in.
So those buffs (or whatever) do stack?

Weren't they:

- start with 1 win
- forgive your first loss
- first win counts as double

? Yeah that doesn't sound too bad if you use all of them in one passage.

LkPr

I've finally gotten a character up to 18 and was thinking "Hey, it's about time for me to try out the Clan stuff in this game. I wonder if GAF has one."
*Browses to DestinyGAF thread*
*Reads note: UPDATE - 2015 - A great majority of the people in charge (including me) have either left or stopped supporting this clan (and game) for a variety of reasons. You probably will not be accepted.*
"Oh.......oh. What a bummer."

In short, what... what clan is everyone in at the moment? (I feel like a child inviting himself over to someone's house. Ugh) Anyone want to deal with someone completely new to the game crapping up their clan?

I'm still rocking DestinyGAF lol. I do approvals every once in a while too (I actually just did one now)

Mindlog

So those buffs (or whatever) do stack?

Weren't they:

- start with 1 win
- forgive your first loss
- first win counts as double

? Yeah that doesn't sound too bad if you use all of them in one passage.
That changes things. I thought 'forgive your first loss' was 'forgive a loss.'
It's going to be tricky. I just hope I can get a good GAF team together. I don't play much 3 vs 3, but I generally have a very good K/D in Control so I play to that style anyway.

I'll just have to remember.
Get rid of excess weapons for faster weapon switching.
Die near cover.
Save supers after one team reaches two wins.
I did that a couple Iron Banners ago. However, I'm a Warlock with class so we just sat out the round as I was the only one that stayed.

XenoRaven

Thanks to a lucky blue drop from Will of Crota, and a few upgrades to my Vanguard Legendary, I'm now 27!

Carry me through stuff pls. :D

RetroMG

I've finally gotten a character up to 18 and was thinking "Hey, it's about time for me to try out the Clan stuff in this game. I wonder if GAF has one."
*Browses to DestinyGAF thread*
*Reads note: UPDATE - 2015 - A great majority of the people in charge (including me) have either left or stopped supporting this clan (and game) for a variety of reasons. You probably will not be accepted.*
"Oh.......oh. What a bummer."

In short, what... what clan is everyone in at the moment? (I feel like a child inviting himself over to someone's house. Ugh) Anyone want to deal with someone completely new to the game crapping up their clan?

To be honest, aside from the trophies for finishing a strike and a raid with members of your clan, the clan system is pretty useless. I wouldn't worry too much about joining one, or join one of the ones that have been mentioned, (Path of the Hawk, DestinyGAF, etc.) For the most part, we all arrange our runs in this thread, so when you want to run something, ask in here if anyone wants to join you, or if someone else is asking, say you want to join in. Unless you are severely underleveled, (Like taking a level 18 to Crota's End,) it won't be a problem.

EDIT: I just saw that you are level 18. So right now you want to get to 20, then start running the strike playlist to get Vanguard Marks to buy legendary Vanguard gear to raise your light level.

Haha. Good. No worries, post whatever you want. I'm not real-life salty, just virtually salty.

I think I'm about done with attempts this week. I have two NM Atheon kills left that I could take advantage of, but we'll see.

I might also play some IB because I really do enjoy it... but then I remember that I've grinded to rank 5 more times than I'd like to admit... might sit this one out.

Oh, cool... top of page... well...

57700484.jpg

You don't have one yet either? Nice, makes me feel a tiny bit less bad

Homeboyd

That changes things. I thought 'forgive your first loss' was 'forgive a loss.'
It's going to be tricky. I just hope I can get a good GAF team together. I don't play much 3 vs 3, but I generally have a very good K/D in Control so I play to that style anyway.

I'll just have to remember.
Get rid of excess weapons for faster weapon switching.
Die near cover.
Save supers after one team reaches two wins.

I did that a couple Iron Banners ago. However, I'm a Warlock with class so we just sat out the round as I was the only one that stayed.
Yeah I don't remember what the buffs were exactly. Just going off of memory. Can someone post exactly what they are?

hydruxo

Any reason to keep 3 MIDAs?

With the easy inventory swapping nowadays there's not really any reason to keep 3 of any weapon around unless you just really want a gun on each character so you never have to switch. Ice Breaker & Gjalla are two guns that I don't mind having 3 of.

Anastasis

Thanks to a lucky blue drop from Will of Crota, and a few upgrades to my Vanguard Legendary, I'm now 27!

Carry me through stuff pls. :D

Normally on Tuesday nights I do a solo run through the abyss section of Crota's End. I think every piece of raid gear except the helmet can drop. I'll keep you in mind for next time. :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why does everyone like Gjallarhorn so much? Does it do more damage to bosses than other rocket launchers, or...? I have one, but I also have several other exotics I'd rather use instead. Maybe I'm missing something here.

hydruxo

Why does everyone like Gjallarhorn so much? Does it do more damage to bosses than other rocket launchers, or...? I have one, but I also have several other exotics I'd rather use instead. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Wolfpack Rounds. Basically: 1 Gjallarhorn rocket = 2 rockets from any other RL

Homeboyd

Yeah it wrecks in PvE. Basically the damage of 2 rockets with 1 shot.

PvP there are better options.

LTWood12

Wolfpack Rounds
Wolfpack Rounds
Wolfpack Rounds
Wolfpack Rounds
Wolfpack Rounds....

WOLFPACK FUCKING ROUNDS

It really outputs more damage then any other weapon in the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wolfpack Rounds. Basically: 1 Gjallarhorn rocket = 2 rockets from any other RL
Yeah, that's great against bosses. I don't really enjoy raids, so I guess that decreases its use for me. Taking out strike bosses quickly isn't so urgent, usually. I'd rather have a machine gun that can help me take out dozens of individual baddies as well as let me unload on a boss.

phen0m24

1) Wolfpack rounds are worth their weight in glimmer
2) Ghorn has a proximity explosion perk that isn't listed (Horseshoes and hand grenades perk)
3) It's lock on and tracking is about the same as Truth's
4 - 10) Wolfpack rounds. Did I mention Wolfpack rounds?

;)

Wolfpack rounds are the little homing cluster bombs that take out all the extra baddies you're talking about. ;)

I think it has something to do with some people's obsession to always have the most kills in everything, which I get. If you're super-competitive, and you always want to be 1st, having the weapon that kills the fastest is the most conducive to your goals.

That being said, I totally feel you. I don't have one, and I really don't want one. I'd much rather fire an SMG than just point and click, which is basically what a tracking rocket launcher does. And since there's always someone who has one, when you really need it (i.e. Ir Yut/Crota), it's there.

The Holy Trinity of Exotic Hand Cannons, on the other hand, I still drool over. Have TLW; have the Thorn bounty; Hawkmoon still eludes me . . .

Ophelion

Bad Juju is now officially my favorite gun in the game today. Great for PvE, apparently great for PvP too. I got to Rank 2 in IB last night when I finally decided to try it and routinely topped my teams in kills (some of those teams even won.) Head-shotted a lot of Thorn users last night.

Also: getting the Space Magic medal is always gratifying.

Maybe Crucible's not so bad after all...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think it has something to do with some people's obsession to always have the most kills in everything, which I get. If you're super-competitive, and you always want to be 1st, having the weapon that kills the fastest is the most conducive to your goals.
I dunno, but that reminds me: I'd love for strikes to have competitive scoring options. Going for a higher score than your fireteam mates and your XBL/PSN friends would make strikes a lot more replayable.

It really outputs more damage then any other weapon in the game.

Yeah. It's the ultimate weapon for lazy or impatient people. It makes bad players good. If you have one, people think you're cool. If you don't, people won't count on you to get it done. With a Ghorn, I know that I can single-handedly down Crota without having to count on anyone else doing their job aside from Swordbearer, so it's useful for carrying people. If 2 people have it, then Solar Burn strike bosses die in seconds. Also, the wolfpack rounds don't hit all at once, they sustain over time, which means you're putting in damage between shots, too, which is useful in all sorts of cases, especially when the enemy has a big ol shield.

phen0m24

I don't have one, and I really don't want one. I'd much rather fire an SMG than just point and click, which is basically what a tracking rocket launcher does.

WH those are in-denial comments. Lol I say that because private Hudson used to say the same thing. Ask him what he thinks of it. ;)

And anyone else who uses it in raids, PvP, dailies, anything with a solar burn or in any other context whatsoever. ;)

Once you get one, you'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom