• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So what's everyone's Sniper Scope of choice? Honestly I can't say that I ever paid all that much attention to it until about a week ago. Noticed I'd been using Tacsys a lot of the time. Switched over to Ambush and I think I like it better.
I have no idea what the different scopes are called (I generally ignore weapon upgrade names lol), but I almost always go with short range scopes.

I have no idea what the different scopes are called (I generally ignore weapon upgrade names lol), but I almost always go with short range scopes.

Yeah same. The long range ones mess with my brain.

This is pretty amazing:

Warning: Super Big Image
i3WYgBt.jpg

Edit: Here is one for Scouts as well:

Atone13

Rank four IB, now I have a full Titan IB set! Just have to farm motes now. Want to reroll Spear and Hammer.

Man, after three days I'm just closing in on 2.5. Since I missed the first IB I decided this time it would be my trial by fire so to speak into pvp. I was a pretty abused punching bag for a while there, but I'm slowly starting to see things comes together and am having better and better games. Just knocked out a few bounties the last couple of matches so I'm just gonna keep at it. I would like rank four to pickup the helm, and replace the vanguard one I'm wearing.

I am really starting to enjoy the pvp side a lot. I just stopped to take care of a few things but I already wish I was back in still playing.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Anyone wanna help me through NF?

BiGBoSSMk23

Much appreciated. :)

nOoblet16

Ambush 4 lyfe

I donno what it's called but it's the one with one of the lowest zoom and highest stability. I feel like the zoom and range penalty don't make a difference in a sniper's case in most if not all cases but the improved stability does (especially in Blackhammer's case). And the scope is very unobtrusive as well since it's small.

EDIT: It's called Ambush.

Man, after three days I'm just closing in on 2.5. Since I missed the first IB I decided this time it would be my trial by fire so to speak into pvp. I was a pretty abused punching bag for a while there, but I'm slowly starting to see things comes together and am having better and better games. Just knocked out a few bounties the last couple of matches so I'm just gonna keep at it. I would like rank four to pickup the helm, and replace the vanguard one I'm wearing.

I am really starting to enjoy the pvp side a lot. I just stopped to take care of a few things but I already wish I was back in still playing.

If you take into account the bonus rep that gets bigger every day, you're probably about 75% of the way to max rep.

Ryck

About to do a fresh crota run on normal. A buddy and I are gonna cheese are way through it if anyone wants to jump in.

Ryck007

Anastasis

Maybe I'll see if anyone is up for whatever when I get off work today, try to push through my block if nothing else.

I feel the same way, but people on here are really great. So many here are on my friends list now I pop in uninvited to do a nightfall and tell them to boot me if they are waiting for someone else. Haha

shermas

If anyone on xbone needs the HM gorgon CP, I'm hanging out there right now... I need to get the chest on 2 alts, so we can switch off.

gt: shermas

Ophelion

I feel the same way, but people on here are really great. So many here are on my friends list now I pop in uninvited to do a nightfall and tell them to boot me if they are waiting for someone else. Haha

Aw, man. That sounds nice. I don't do nightfalls right now either. The most I've done that's nightfall related is pushed in far enough to get my ten dead majors for Eris' bounty. Usually solo.

I really gotta get in on this...

ocean

Banned
What's the best faction?
You know, what do you level after you get everything from Dead Orbit?
NH9gE7v.gif
Try to have every faction at level 3 with at least one character. That way you can buy any weapon in the game.

All 3 characters of mine have 3+ Crucible and Vanguard. My Titan is DO, Warlock FWC and Hunter is Nee Monarchy.

Going purely by stats, Intellect+Discipline armor is the most attractive combo, which belongs to FWC if I recall. If they sell Int+Dis and have HC speed reload gauntlets they'd be the best in my opinion. Let's wait and see what turns up.

blazeuk

I'm boots away from a full IB hunter gear set, should have bought them when I had the chance last time but didn't want to spend the glimmer, will probably have to do a glimmer farm run at some point this week now though after buying the Spear, chest and helmet.

Hopefully I can get the glitch to work next time too since I want to run IB on my Titan instead.

As for the spear, I spent 40 motes trying to re-roll it, about 30 of those motes ended up with the same take a knee perk, ended up with Unflinching, Field Scout and Grenadier, can't afford to spend any more motes right now so that's what it's staying at.

TheOddOne

About half way through rank 2. I WILL get it and the helmet this week though. Can't wait. I've wanted that snipe for a while.
The grind is totally worth it.
I'm at 2.5 but I should cop the spear tonight. Any recommended rolls for it (primarily pvp based)?
I got three of them during previous IBs with these rolls:

iuLLeu3VbenLb.png
i4QDxdHIHv53T.png
ipbpWRi7JyJwE.png

The slow rate of fire is the only bad thing about it, but for me that is a non-issue. I land tons of shots with them.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
With the IB happening, I was looking over my machine guns. I've been using Corrective Measure, but I realized I have an Against All Odds from a package/engram (can't remember) with Rangefinder, Field Scout, and Feeding Frenzy. I guess that's a better roll than the vendor version, right? I have XP for all the bubbles, just needs some mat's to finish it off.

I'm at 2.5 but I should cop the spear tonight. Any recommended rolls for it (primarily pvp based)?

PvP would want unflinching and final round. I have one with perfect balance, but I don't really use it much outside of arc burns. I like the higher rate of fire snipers, but I think I'm going to use it in ToO.

PvE, just get field scout and whatever burn you need. Firefly is good. My void spear is hands down my favorite sniper. Use it for everything.

shermas

I'm gonna hold onto the gorgon CP for all the other Xbone outcasts on this board... :p

If I'm on this weekend, I'll do my best to pass it around. I'd been 0 for forever on exotics from the chest, but got Plan C and Patience and Time this week. Not too shabby.

Another gaffer got Truth and Patience and Time.

Ophelion

Hey, one thing that's been bugging me: my internet setup is...pretty good. My wifi source is sitting in the same room with me when I game. When I test my connection, it says I'm doing 35 megs/second down, 8-10 megs/second up. I think that's pretty good. yet, crucible still shows me with a red bar for connection. I don't see a whole lot of lag (at least not that I'd attribute to me.) What's the deal?

hydruxo

This thread moved pretty fast over the past 7 hours o_O like 10 new pages. We're back, boys and girls.

So good to see DGAF back in action, before the HoW release date dropped we'd be lucky to get 4 or 5 pages a day haha. This thread is gonna be nuts when HoW drops.

Hey, one thing that's been bugging me: my internet setup is...pretty good. My wifi source is sitting in the same room with me when I game. When I test my connection, it says I'm doing 35 megs/second down, 8-10 megs/second up. I think that's pretty good. yet, crucible still shows me with a red bar for connection. I don't see a whole lot of lag (at least not that I'd attribute to me.) What's the deal?

Could be port/NAT issues.

My wife and I have great connection speeds, but our NAT certainly isn't perfect, and we can't even talk to each other in game because of it. We have to use the PS party system.

Bandwidth=/=Latency.

You may have great download rates, but you could still suffer from poor latency which is critical for multiplayer. WiFi shouldn't effect it that much, but it does have an impact.

GutZ31

That red bar is a visual representation of your ping to the bungie servers.

Your DNS could be the culprit.
http://www.sordum.org/7952/dns-jumper-v1-0-6/

Use this program to find a DNS server in your area that has the smallest ping, then use it as your PS4's DNS server/s.

You will need to set your IP to a static one, and manually give it all the info. This will help with everything you play/do on your PS4, or computer online.

I did my weekly community service by carrying 3 fireteams through the Heroic Strike. It amazes me how few people understand what a burn is. Maybe some of them don't have Solar primaries, but secondary and heavy there is no excuse.

Only had 1 out of 6 packing a solar primary and they still stunk it up. Oh well, at least I got to play around with a bunch of different load outs. Vex is a lot of fun on this strike but the VoC was oh so satisfying. I am ecstatic beyond words that I can bring it up to 365 for HoW.

Also, using Gjallarhorn to melt Omnigul's face in a Solar Burn is very cathartic after the hell that was multiple No Burn strikes.

Ophelion

Use this program to find a DNS server in your area that has the smallest ping, then use it as your PS4's DNS server/s.

You will need to set your IP to a static one, and manually give it all the info. This will help with everything you play/do on your PS4, or computer online.

Emailed this post to my home email. I'll try to set this up after work and see if it resolves my issues. Thanks for the info!

I did my weekly community service by carrying 3 fireteams through the Heroic Strike. It amazes me how few people understand what a burn is. Maybe some of them don't have Solar primaries, but secondary and heavy there is no excuse.

Only had 1 out of 6 packing a solar primary and they still stunk it up. Oh well, at least I got to play around with a bunch of different load outs. Vex is a lot of fun on this strike but the VoC was oh so satisfying. I am ecstatic beyond words that I can bring it up to 365 for HoW.

Also, using Gjallarhorn to melt Omnigul's face in a Solar Burn is very cathartic after the hell that was multiple No Burn strikes.

A lot of people assume that burns only apply to the player and no to the enemies as well. It isn't the most illogical thought process. I think I had a similar thought in the beginning. After all, why would the hardest non-raid activity have an easier component to it? It's not like Lightswitch applies to the enemy as well.

I've been meaning to do this myself but didn't quite know how, thanks!

Need backup for the nightfall. It's been a long time since I did one but it should be alright. I'm decent :)

I'm a 30.9 warlock.
So. Anyone wanna join? Bestnameeveronps is my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom