• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermas

I did my weekly community service by carrying 3 fireteams through the Heroic Strike. It amazes me how few people understand what a burn is. Maybe some of them don't have Solar primaries, but secondary and heavy there is no excuse.

Only had 1 out of 6 packing a solar primary and they still stunk it up. Oh well, at least I got to play around with a bunch of different load outs. Vex is a lot of fun on this strike but the VoC was oh so satisfying. I am ecstatic beyond words that I can bring it up to 365 for HoW.

Also, using Gjallarhorn to melt Omnigul's face in a Solar Burn is very cathartic after the hell that was multiple No Burn strikes.

So much this on one of my Weeklies, too. I was the only one using anything solar. VoC, IB and Hunger. The other two guys were using void and arc weapons.

Vex is a fun weapon ALL the time. I like using it on bounties, just to melt the trash mobs that pop up all over the place.

WH those are in-denial comments. Lol I say that because private Hudson used to say the same thing. Ask him what he thinks of it. ;)

And anyone else who uses it in raids, PvP, dailies, anything with a solar burn or in any other context whatsoever. ;)

Once you get one, you'll see.

I thought Private was downplaying the Horn to help him feel better about not owning one.

In the end, it is futile to argue anything is better than the almigty Horn.

Guardian Lord list has been updated. Congrats to Nooblet! And to likedamaster who now has his proper Gaf name displayed! Please PM me if anyone wants their name changed/fixed or if anyone isn't on the list that should be.

I am still around btw, real life is just super real right now. Hopefully I can get back on for some IB action or something tonight. My sweet new gaming monitor arrived today so perhaps I can stop scrubbing it up so bad...

Sorry Grimlock and Wheelhoss, just saw the invite when I went off.
It's getting a bit late on my end and have been playing non stop all day.

Join up with CthulhuSars, I think they have a team of 3.

Guardian Lord list has been updated. Congrats to Nooblet! And to likedamaster who now has his proper Gaf name displayed! Please PM me if anyone wants their name changed/fixed or if anyone isn't on the list that should be.

I love how Phaethon's name is changing everytime the GLord list is updated

NeOak

So exotic bounties:

Pocket Infinity
Super Good Advice (lol ew)
Bad Juju

I have 300 versions of PI and BJ, but since the gunsmith no longer seems to sell rare fusion rifles, it kinda makes going for Pocket infinity a waste of time.

So, suggestions?

LTWood12

I am still around btw, real life is just super real right now. Hopefully I can get back on for some IB action or something tonight. My sweet new gaming monitor arrived today so perhaps I can stop scrubbing it up so bad...

Me & T will be rocking it tonight if you want to sherpa his scrubby invisible shotgun ass.

i may be FTing with Hawkian if he's got room, but i'm definitely interested in IB tonight. unlocked wolfpack, so i'm not pressing to max it today.

Wish I wasn't working for another 3 hours. I'd back you guys up. :-(

Working is just the worst.
ummm i think being unemployed would be worse, no? :D

So exotic bounties:

Pocket Infinity
Bad Juju

I have 300 versions of PI and BJ, but since the gunsmith no longer seems to sell rare fusion rifles, it kinda makes going for Pocket infinity a waste of time.

So, suggestions?

Go for the SGA, as you already have a Pocket Infinity and Bad Juju. Relatively easy bounty to do and fun to use on oracles.

So exotic bounties:

Pocket Infinity
Bad Juju

So, suggestions?

SGA is really quick for the shard but it's also great against oracles in the Ahteon battle because the bullets don't register as hits.

So exotic bounties:

Pocket Infinity
Bad Juju

So, suggestions?

Do SGA, the bounty is super easy and fast!

shermas

So exotic bounties:

Pocket Infinity
Bad Juju

So, suggestions?

- PI = no crucible, right? That's kind of nice.
- I'm doing SGA right now (I don't have it yet and I want to try it against the oracles next time I do Atheon), so I'm not sure how grindy it is. It doesn't SEEM as bad as some of the others, though.
- Bad Juju = 25 strikes AND 10,000 points in the crucible. Takes a while, but you can suck in the crucible and still grind out 10,000 points.

- PI = no crucible, right? That's kind of nice.
- I'm doing SGA right now (I don't have it yet and I want to try it against the oracles next time I do Atheon), so I'm not sure how grindy it is. It doesn't SEEM as bad as some of the others, though.
- Bad Juju = 25 strikes AND 10,000 points in the crucible. Takes a while, but you can suck in the crucible and still grind out 10,000 points.

IIRC, Super Good Advice is crazy easy to acquire and can be done in a matter of hours, start to finish. Assuming you start on a Friday or Saturday as it requires Xur for a couple of components.

I have over 100 Strange Coins for the first time ever. Way behind the curve, but finally getting a stash that won't ever be spent.

If I had foresigt could have purchased everything I need from Xur to compkete my Exotic collection, but as it stands only need Truth to finish it off.

I love how Phaethon's name is changing everytime the GLord list is updated

I love that you actually noticed :p Jigga and P-man himself were the only other ones I was aware of who were in on the joke...

Don't know if this was posted already or not, but it's hilarious.

Mark of the Broken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZk2h0FgDs

Would have been better with an Epic Sax Man soundtrack, but still pretty good haha

I could make an entire video like that of just me Blink jumping to my death on Twilight Gap...

So exotic bounties:

Pocket Infinity
Bad Juju

So, suggestions?

SGA is fucking baller in PvP. Haha, virtually any miss gets returned to the magazine. Gives spray and pray a new meaning.

In my opinion, Bad Juju is the most useful of the three over the entirety of the game. But, damn, SGA is just a hilarious weapon to mess around with.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I need some help taking Xyor down.

Can anyone spare a minute?

BiGBoSSMk23

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So I knew the Radiant Dance Machines had the movement speed perk, but I always kinda figured it wouldn't be worth giving up my Achlyophage Symbiote's extra golden gun shot for. But I just looked them up and they also let you carry more heavy ammo, which I think tips the scales and makes them worth it. Any thoughts / opinions? I'm especially curious if people think they're worth it in PvP.

Any tips on getting easy NF kills with the Pocket Infinity exotic bounty?

It should be fairly easy this week with all 3 arc burns up. Just stay in the first room where all of the fallen are and pick off the melee guys. If you kill some of the fallen you can trigger the hive to come out and easily cleanup the thralls.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I need some help taking Xyor down.

Can anyone spare a minute?

BiGBoSSMk23

looks like ye have a good party. :)
So I knew the Radiant Dance Machines had the movement speed perk, but I always kinda figured it wouldn't be worth giving up my Achlyophage Symbiote's extra golden gun shot for. But I just looked them up and they also let you carry more heavy ammo, which I think tips the scales and makes them worth it. Any thoughts / opinions? I'm especially curious if people think they're worth it in PvP.
If you commit to the build sure. See MIDA Multi-Tool, Fleet Footed on Bladedancer, guns with the Lightweight or Kneepads perks, etc

shermas

Any tips on getting easy NF kills with the Pocket Infinity exotic bounty?

Load up the NF, then go roam around the map... any place on the map where the "restricted respawn" or whatever icon pops up and the enemies are level 30 will count toward the bounty. If you die, you don't get kicked to orbit.

If you have the Vex, I think it counts for fusion kills, which is awesome. I kept running out of ammo when I did it.

edit: I forgot about the thralls in the first room... Yes, do that. You can probably rack up many trash mob kills with those guys.

I went all digital this gen to prevent kids from destroying and losing discs and so far that has worked out great. The downside is that you still require physical accessories to play games. Just this week I had to replace a recharging cable that had been chewed on and destroyed and apparently my 2 yr old that is potty training peed on one of my controllers. Dont ask. Kids are animals folks
cute and lovable animals.

Gonna have to be more diligent putting stuff away...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If you commit to the build sure. See MIDA Multi-Tool, Fleet Footed on Bladedancer, guns with the Lightweight or Kneepads perks, etc
Hmm, I always run Gunslinger in PvP, but I could be convinced to switch to Bladedancer... Maybe. Golden Gun is so much fun. And I tend to try to keep encounters long range whenever possible. Hmm. I'll experiment and see what feels good.

mfn_pie

I went all digital this gen to prevent kids from destroying and losong discs and so far that has worked out great. The downside is that you still require physical accessories to play games. Just this week I had to replace a recharging cable that had been chewed on and destroyed and apparently my 2 yr old that is potty training peed on one of my controllers. Dont ask. Kids are animals folks
cute and lovable animals.

Gonna have to be more diligent putting stuff away...

I feel your pain. I should post pics of all of the controllers my boys have chewed up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm, I always run Gunslinger in PvP, but I could be convinced to switch to Bladedancer... Maybe. Golden Gun is so much fun. And I tend to try to keep encounters long range whenever possible. Hmm. I'll experiment and see what feels good.
A MIDA Gunslinger build sounds totally viable to me, and fun I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom