• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A MIDA Gunslinger build sounds totally viable to me, and fun I bet.
This leads me to another question: how viable is MIDA in PvP these days? I haven't tried it yet, but I can't imagine it outclassing my Red Death...

Load up the NF, then go roam around the map... any place on the map where the "restricted respawn" or whatever icon pops up and the enemies are level 30 will count toward the bounty. If you die, you don't get kicked to orbit.

If you have the Vex, I think it counts for fusion kills, which is awesome. I kept running out of ammo when I did it.

edit: I forgot about the thralls in the first room... Yes, do that. You can probably rack up many trash mob kills with those guys.

Yep, Vex does count as FR kills for the PI bounty. Definitely helps a lot especially with a solar burn week.

This leads me to another question: how viable is MIDA in PvP these days? I haven't tried it yet, but I can't imagine it outclassing my Red Death...

MIDA is decent, especially on larger maps but it'll still get beaten by the regular favorites like TLW, Thorn, HW, RD and Vex. If you make your build around it like Hawk said it can be quite effective and a fun change of pace. Just gotta stay super mobile and play to that advantage, it doesn't have the TTK to compete head on otherwise.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It doesn't, Red Death is pretty top tier. But it's fast firing, has great range and makes you move like a speed demon. certainly viable

edit: You mentioned you like to keep engagements long range whenever possible, it might be a good fit.

edit again: Hawkwoon

Sofa King

Nightfalls, Crota, Atheon, Deathsinger and Gorgon chests all gave me crap this week over 3 characters. Xur will not sell my Thunderlord if that pattern holds. Worst week of loot I have ever seen.

It doesn't, Red Death is pretty top tier. But it's fast firing, has great range and makes you move like a speed demon. certainly viable

edit: You mentioned you like to keep engagements long range whenever possible, it might be a good fit.

edit again: Hawkwoon

Hawkmoon is life.

ocean

Banned
IB is fun with GAF. Got some nice kills today of my very favorite category: shotgun an incoming shoulder dasher in the face. That will never get old.

Sorry Grimlock and Wheelhoss, just saw the invite when I went off.
It's getting a bit late on my end and have been playing non stop all day.

Join up with CthulhuSars, I think they have a team of 3.

I love how Phaethon's name is changing everytime the GLord list is updated

No worries guy, I knew it was late for you. Just though I'd reach out. Hoss and I were doing pretty well 2 man'ing IB and when we jumped in with the Cthulhu clan we had a couple good fun matches.

On a side note....I miss Firebase Delphi. Havent played there once this week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tonight, from around 8:00PM EST-10:15PM EST: All Aboard Iron Banner Train, anyone is welcome regardless of PvP ability, laid-back and communicative atmosphere. Make sure to pick up your Tempered buff and bounties from Saladin. Min. Level 29.

Sunday, 5/3, 9:00PM EST. CE Newbie Raid and Sword Practice. Sign up here. This is a full newbie run of CE, but we'll also let anyone interested take a fun turns on the sword when we get to Crota. This won't be a full Sword school class and we won't worry about getting the kill during rotation, but still good practice and preparation for hard mode. Min. level 30; 31 to run sword.

blazeuk

So I knew the Radiant Dance Machines had the movement speed perk, but I always kinda figured it wouldn't be worth giving up my Achlyophage Symbiote's extra golden gun shot for. But I just looked them up and they also let you carry more heavy ammo, which I think tips the scales and makes them worth it. Any thoughts / opinions? I'm especially curious if people think they're worth it in PvP.

You fly around the map in PvP with the Mida and Radiant Dance Machines, they're interesting and some people swear by that setup, personally it threw me off my usual rhythm because of the speed difference from my normal setup. I tend to stick with Achlyophage Symbiote too because it's an extra kill each time (unless you're like me who supers and then everyone magically seems to disappear and it goes to waste).

Ophelion

What is this new trend of randos camping heavy from the start of the match? Your ass is getting reported.

Idiotic.

Not as bad as the guy I had to put up with last night that kept shooting at his fellow teammates (of which I was one) seemingly baffled as to why we A) were not taking damage and B) were not shooting back.

His gunfire did attract some real bad guys though, who blew all of us away because I couldn't seem them coming in light of the bozo standing in front of me popping off his auto rifle.

Thought I was going to break my controller in half as I scream at my screen, "MOVE, you buffoon! I'm trying to carry your dumb ass, here!"

I can only pray it was a little kid who couldn't know any better.

Tonight, from around 8:00PM EST-10:15PM EST: All Aboard Iron Banner Train, anyone is welcome regardless of PvP ability, laid-back and communicative atmosphere. Make sure to pick up your Tempered buff and bounties from Saladin. Min. Level 29.

Sunday, 5/3, 9:00PM EST. CE Newbie Raid and Sword Practice. Sign up here. This is a full newbie run of CE, but we'll also let anyone interested take a fun turns on the sword when we get to Crota. This won't be a full Sword school class and we won't worry about getting the kill during rotation, but still good practice and preparation for hard mode. Min. level 30; 31 to run sword.

I'm down for some good IB train around 8 tonight if there still is space. I can try out some new weapon load outs.

Atone13

oh I'm in for some IB train, I've been diving in headfirst solo. Would love to go in with an actual team

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying out a Bladedancer / MIDA build for PvP and I'm LOVING it. I need to get better at using Arc Blade tho.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
btw that public event, with urzok present, during a nightfall is one of the best moments in the game for me. You can really see what they were going for with the not-quite-instanced sections in between darkness zones at moments like it.

edit: missed the sound of the cursed....

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
CthulhuSars just got himself a Jolder's that last IB round.

Nice going.

btw that public event, with urzok present, during a nightfall is one of the best moments in the game for me. You can really see what they were going for with the not-quite-instanced sections in between darkness zones at moments like it.

edit: missed the sound of the cursed....

This is a huge opportunity for the game going forward. There is rarely a sense that anything is on the line between the warring factions but moments like this make the case. Public events on the whole fell short of the mark from any sort of expectation they set pre release. Would love to see the worlds have some sort of impact or change on a day to day basis with the action on the ground.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
exactly - i've wasted my super with my newbyness more than a few times....

with the new ammo timers and beacons, its easier than ever to get the most out of arc blade. you know exactly where people are going to be and when. perfect for stealing heavy

edit: FINALLY done with IB. omg. hit level 4, getting my helmet, i'm done.

lol got a legendary out of a blue. game loves giving me time on target

I'm seeing a lot wider spread of weapons this IB than the last, still not many purple ARs but it's better. Even Suros and Vex have made a strong resurgence it seems.

hoggert

If you need an alt/spot filler, give me a holler. Would like do Bridge on my Hunter and get a Crota kill on my fresh 30 Titan.

Full IB gear is sexy!

R3smV7F.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom