• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thanks I get for running sword, lol. Good fast kill everyone. (Only one wipe due to Scrota eating a hundred rockets and laughing it off, smh)

CD4Z3VzUMAA8BPY.jpg:large
Thanks for the quick run.

Also it's funny watching wolf packs deploy three seconds after impact. Real funny.

Ridli

Posting Again - IB train running 4/6

PSN:
1. RidliMM (me)
2. Bengeance25
3. Absolution
4. SmallWind
5. Magik
6. TJ-Ramirez

Edit : We full

blackjaw

Crucible changes starting with HoW:

• The spawn locking issue currently affecting Iron Banner will be fixed
  • Legendary items will be added to post-game reward tables for all Crucible activities
  • Your first match in the daily featured Crucible activity will earn you a new reward package each week
  • Reputation and Mark gains will double for each completed Crucible match
  • Etheric Light has a chance of being included in Iron Banner reward packages for Rank 3 and Rank 5
  • TDB maps added to standard rotation

Thank god. Hopefully crucible will stop being such a thankless activity (compared to ROC strikes)

Dude, i dont think anyone has seen as many tlords drop as you without actually recieving it, rumor has it, tomorrows the day

I think the leak was for a week from tomorrow, May 8. Who knows, maybe they've changed it. I'd prefer to have it drop for me but I'll happily take it either way.

I smell cheese again.

lol nice, calling out the cheesers! Nobody is allowed to complain about how long Oracles take if they're doing it up top :p

Disclaimer edit: only meant as a joke, people should play however they want.

I smell a Mr. Yoshi-Bean avatar incoming...

lol nice, calling out the cheesers! Nobody is allowed to complain about how long Oracles take if they're doing it up top :p

Disclaimer edit: only meant as a joke, people should play however they want.

It's garbage tier Raid design and you know it.

Edit: Only partially joking :p

FyreWulff

Osiris sounds good. I like the idea that there'll be a form of Crucible you can 'lose', so now Crucible plays into the endgame now. Up to this point, I liked Crucible, but it felt just sort of.. there.

Thank god. Hopefully crucible will stop being such a thankless activity (compared to ROC strikes)

Absolutely, great improvements. The rep and mark boosts, legendary items, chances for Etheric light, etc. Hopefully it encourages more people to take an interest in PvP and have fun playing it instead of just grinding IB and hating every minute, lol.

Bungie are making a lot of smart design decisions to reduce the grind, hopefully they add enough content to maintain community interest. PoE is going to have a heavy burden for replayability if people are going to stay engaged another ~4 months until Comet in September.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Playing IB by yourself is easily the most frustrating thing ever. Some of my teammates clearly do nothing but raid and have no clue how to PvP.

Also, the Dark Below Crucible maps are going free for all players.

So Bungie has got the way they wanted to do pvp dlc back :V

Thinking the same. It's like we're back in Halo 2 how it should have been all these years. :)

And better rewards for Crucible, too! It's looking to be a really nice DLC, that HoW.

Now if only we could get some better playlists *cough* objective *cough*

hydruxo

You guys see this tweet from the other day?

@Bungie: Wrapping up now. Wonder why they didn't show what happens when you rack up nine wins on a single Passage. Oh, well. Thanks for tuning in!

That datamined mercury social space must be where you go when you get to nine wins but they want to keep it a secret

Playing IB by yourself is easily the most frustrating thing ever. Some of my teammates clearly do nothing but raid and have no clue how to PvP.

Yeah, this can be a big issue since PvE and PvP are so fundamentally different. I hope more people take a sincere interest in learning some PvP basics, especially for Control and Skirmish modes since these are most applicable to IB and ToO events that attract PvE players for the gear.

I can't blame people for disliking Crucible given the average i.e. terrible rando experience, but I think they'd have more fun when treating it like a raid and looking to group up and use mics. Good Crucible requires more teamwork and communication than raids anyway, especially once the raid strats are on farm and it's the same encounter every time.

Atone13

Yeah, this can be a big issue since PvE and PvP are so fundamentally different. I hope more people take a sincere interest in learning some PvP basics, especially for Control and Skirmish modes since these are most applicable to IB and ToO events that attract PvE players for the gear.

I can't blame people for disliking Crucible given the average i.e. terrible rando experience, but I think they'd have more fun when treating it like a raid and looking to group up and use mics. Good Crucible requires more teamwork and communication than raids anyway, especially once the raid strats are on farm and it's the same encounter every time.

I've had basically this experience thus far. Since I've started playing I've stuck to just the pve side of things, but wanted to give the pvp a shot with the IB stuff going on, plus I could use the helm he sells at rank four. I decided I'm just gonna go in solo, be that terrible rando people get paired with and just keep eating mouth fulls of that shit sandwich until it starts to taste better.

And after three days, I feel like it is getting much better. I'm going on much better kill streaks, I know most of the basic sight lines for a few maps and can tell the general flow of a game now and where enemies are likely to be coming from. Having done nothing but solo matches for the last few days, I've had my terrible losses, but I'm now just coming off a 4 game win streak, a new personal best! I like to think I"ve used this time as a bad rando to get better, and hopefully bring more to an actual group than just being a moving target for the other team.

That said however, I wouldn't mind a real IB group at his point lol.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
I'm having a tough time right now with my hunter. I keep playing teams of 5-6 which is pretty much a loss most of the time or I get thrown into a game where the team I'm joining is getting smashed on. And what's up with the map selections, I keep playing Shores of Time and Twilight. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom