• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to run raids with that thing.

Granted, that was pre-TDB, when I didn't have anything better. :lol But it's not that bad. It's still pretty terrible, but if I had to choose between Hard Light and NLB, I'd pick the former in a heartbeat.

i'd choose a green weapon over NLB

You obviously did not see our GAF NLB-only Vault of Glass run. We wouldn't dare give that honor to the likes of Hard Light and Necrospasm.

I'd still take it over the Necrochasm. I'd only use that in front of Macello.

Tell him he can borrow the 2 spare necros I have in my vault....or the spare crux on my hunter.

Tell him he can borrow the 2 spare necros I have in my vault....or the spare crux on my hunter.

Me when I imagine grinding TWO Eidolon's:

image.php

I'm torn on PvE builds for my Bladedancer...

Either I go Fast Twitch + Hungering Blade, which robs me of any real invisibility options save Don't Touch Me.

Or I embrace being a sneaky bastard and substitute Fast Twitch for Escape Artist. Swap Hungering Blade for Stalker. Decisions, decisions.

I had 3 maxed thinking I'd be ready if the nechro turned out to be awesome.

Promptly dismantled 2.

I think if I somehow managed to grind 2 at the third I'd be like

XVD16aD.gif

When I thought Eidolon was an Arc AR I wanted two so I'd have a Legendary but nah. When I got one I knew nothing would make it better.

Bradach

WipedOut

I'm torn on PvE builds for my Bladedancer...

Either I go Fast Twitch + Hungering Blade, which robs me of any real invisibility options save Don't Touch Me.

Or I embrace being a sneaky bastard and substitute Fast Twitch for Escape Artist. Swap Hungering Blade for Stalker. Decisions, decisions.

Showstopper
Fast Twitch
Quick Draw
Encore

Use that build on omnigul and watch how you melt away the enemies in the first and last part.

jett

D-Member
Fucking Thorn, seriously

That shit is broken in PVP. I'm quite sad with the Crucible right now, no green ammo drops, no purple ammo drops, AR are total shitcakes. :(

I'm also really annoyed that the last time I played Destiny a lot I "upgraded" my hawkmoon and reset all of its attributes, and now that ended up being a total waste of my fucking time!

Ramirez, Ares, Math, Vaalbar, & Sentinel, thanks for hopping on the IB GAF train! sorry that I was the caboose
PvP seems like 1 step forward, two steps back sometimes ;___;

Every team needs a bait on the A flag, while the rest grabs C ;)
Don't worry you'll get there, know the choke points and spam that Gjallarhorn

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
holy crap grave. Sorry man. Hope it's not such a long recovery this time.

FTFY :)

Damn dude, that really sucks though. Nothing worse than having health problems or being in pain. We were just about to get you back in the swing of things too! Sounds like this injury will be less serious/time intensive to recover from, certainly hope that is the case! I was just getting used to scrolling through the roster and seeing you on my Destiny friends list again. Stay strong and get well soon buddy.

So good news, I'm back home
Doctor said it was a huge spasm that I felt after falling and trying to get up

They prescribed me a muscle relaxer and said a few days of rest + doing regular things will take me back to normal

I really was worried I broke something cause when I fractured my left leg/ankle this same sensation occurred

Well good thing my Main is Warlock, I truly am Fireborn material, always respawning myself after a fuck up/mistake

So good news, I'm back home
Doctor said it was a huge spasm that I felt after falling and trying to get up

They prescribed me a muscle relaxer and said a few days of rest + doing regular things will take me back to normal

I really was worried I broke something cause when I fractured my left leg/ankle this same sensation occurred

Well good thing my Main is Warlock, I truly am Fireborn material, always respawning myself after a fuck up/mistake

That's awesome news! Saw your post the other day (maybe yesterday), but fell asleep before I could comment. Had a couple of real long days and need to get more sleep...IB isn't helping with that.

Agent

Well, this morning has been rough. Hit rank 3 IB so I bought the sniper. I was rerolling it to get a good PvP roll. Wasted 70 motes in the lottery and didn't get anything good. Oh and to make matters worse, I accidently rerolled one of my perfectly rolled Timur's Lash. So, TIL that locked IB weapons can be rerolled.

I think my super good luck of getting great rolls in past IB caught up finally.

FyreWulff

see, that's how it should work in PvE... o_O

I think the idea of capping how much you can outlevel enemies in PvE is to keep mobs relevant regardless of what friends you play with, and not turn Patrols into 'spray in general direction and kill everything' after you hit the endgame. They become easier to kill, but they aren't for WoW-style "casually tab-murder everything while you walk through low level areas". They aren't trying to make the meta-MMO strats overly complex for a console first person shooter.

Now, it'd be cool if there was some more moments in solo-friendly content where it feels like you get to mow through everything. But due to the design I can join a friend at level 12 and still have interesting gunplay as a 30 or whatever.

I think the idea of capping how much you can outlevel enemies in PvE is to keep mobs relevant regardless of what friends you play with, and not turn Patrols into 'spray in general direction and kill everything' after you hit the endgame. They become easier to kill, but they aren't for WoW-style "casually tab-murder everything while you walk through low level areas". They aren't trying to make the meta-MMO strats overly complex for a console first person shooter.
i can understand that... but, if they made "heroic" level patrols, where we can get greater rewards, instead of the hum-drum level 4 patrol that we find in the cosmodrome, it would add content without necessarily have to "work" at creating it. that way, we can patrol equivalent leveled areas and receive greater rewards for it. jmo...

Omni

Patrol is so underutilised. I struggle to see the point of it, tbh. End game content is just raids and strikes with a bit of crucible.

Obviously far too late now but I hope with the next game or whatever, they give us reason to go back beyond mindlessly grinding for materials.

FyreWulff

i can understand that... but, if they made "heroic" level patrols, where we can get greater rewards, instead of the hum-drum level 4 patrol that we find in the cosmodrome, it would add content without necessarily have to "work" at creating it. that way, we can patrol equivalent leveled areas and receive greater rewards for it. jmo...

That would be cool. I imagine the issue with this would be splitting the patrol playerbase, which they rely on to give you a constant churn of new players each time you go to a new instance.

Perhaps they could make events where certain planets become more deadly on Patrol for a week. Nightfall Venus Patrol where you have to complete 12 bounties without dying, every enemy is level 30, and if you die or orbit out early you lose your bounty progress.

Patrol would be better if you could scale the difficulty in orbit like you can with the story missions. Higher levels = better loot drops and more difficult bounties/public events.

That would be cool. I imagine the issue with this would be splitting the patrol playerbase, which they rely on to give you a constant churn of new players each time you go to a new instance.

Perhaps they could make events where certain planets become more deadly on Patrol for a week. Nightfall Venus Patrol where you have to complete 12 bounties without dying, every enemy is level 30, and if you die or orbit out early you lose your bounty progress.
This would be great too. You get a missive saying that Mars/Venus/whatever is being overrun and need Guardians to help out for a solid week until reset. Would be a great way to make a planet more "social" by funneling players in into one direction with the lure of good rewards.

Bradach

Patrol is so underutilised. I struggle to see the point of it, tbh. End game content is just raids and strikes with a bit of crucible.

Obviously far too late now but I hope with the next game or whatever, they give us reason to go back beyond mindlessly grinding for materials.

I use them to level weapons. I'll usually have 2-3 general bounties like precision shots, melee 30 and I'll grab the easy patrols like 'kill em all'. That way i'll usually have a few bounties done at the same time.

Atone13

Fuck Vex Mythoclast too. Sick of dying and seeing one of those two weapons pop up on the UI.

Where are people up to on IB? I'm just about to hit level 3

I'm also just about to hit rank 3, a win or two more and a bounty turn in should do it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Noting too great from Xur this week, but at least I was finally able to rexurbish my Bad Juju.
And I just got done grinding 25 strikes for a new Bad Juju bounty, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom