• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now level 4 in IB with about 25% of the way to level 5. Bought a helmet and chest piece for my Warlock. I also bought the Spear sniper and found a Folger's Hammer. Is there any other IB weapon dropping this round of IB?
Silimar's Wrath is dropping, it's the auto rifle. Supposedly IB drops what sold last IB, so if you're iffy on Timur 's just wait and it should have a drop chance Iron Banner 8

Tawpgun

If I were a DestinyGAFfer who was also unfortunate enough to be on Xbone I definitely would've bought a PS4 by now just from reading this thread

I'm an xboner.

Stopped coming here because its mostly PS4 people. Which is why in the gaming side reveal thread a bunch of Xbone people want to make a seperate thread so we get the sense of community that the PS4 crew has here.

But mods don't want to split it up. Damn shame.

Anyway, I was gonna say that if the Halo 5 Beta was a stinker I most likely would have sold my Xbone and got a PS4. Especially since MCC, while I can have fun on it, is still struggling and its community decimated.

But I fuckin loved the halo 5 beta so its got be excited enough to keep the Xbone.

I am now level 4 in IB with about 25% of the way to level 5. Bought a helmet and chest piece for my Warlock. I also bought the Spear sniper and found a Folger's Hammer. Is there any other IB weapon dropping this round of IB?

Cheers

Similar's Wrath dropped for me last night.

Also Timur's is ok, but you have to get the drop on someone to kill them cause with its low rof and only 7 rounds you have very little room for error. You aren't gonna win many 1 v 1 firefights.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

I am not convinced that Timur's Lash is worth the effort to get to level 5. I already have Thorn and TLW. Is TImur's Lash better than Word of Crota?

Also, I found an iOS app for my iPhone for managing weapon load outs. It is called Loadouts. It is free with a donation as an IAP. I am not affiliated with the app but find it super useful as my iPhone is always right beside me.

I think I will take my Hunter through IB now to get to level 3. My Hunter does need the chest piece as that one is not dropping during CE raids.

Cheers

walterwithfolgerscanofdonnysashes.jpg

I am not convinced that Timur's Lash is worth the effort to get to level 5. I already have Thorn and TLW. Is TImur's Lash better than Word of Crota?

Also, I found an iOS app for my iPhone for managing weapon load outs. It is called Loadouts. It is free with a donation as an IAP. I am not affiliated with the app but find it super useful as my iPhone is always right beside me.

I think I will take my Hunter through IB now to get to level 3. My Hunter does need the chest piece as that one is not dropping during CE raids.

Cheers

I like Timur's Lash, but honestly don't use it much. It's a good legendary handcannon. I use Word of Crota more just because of the void damage. I'd say work on your hunter and then see if you have time on Sunday or Monday to get to rank 5. It goes a lot faster those days with the buff.

esjayII

Neo Member
anyone know what the warlock crucible chest pieces look like? if they look anything like the faction pieces near the bottom, I don't want to bother with them -.-

I have to thank 343 Studios for going completely the opposite way from what I wanted in Halo, made the next-gen decision really, really easy. So glad I made it, Destiny is pretty much all I have time to play and I've met some really outstanding people through PS DGAF.

This true? Does it have the range perks?
Judgement has a higher natural ROF, if a Felwinter's misses it's first shot you win. I have Hammer forged and Shot package on mine, it has been doing me really well since IB started. My friend has the exact same roll on his Felwinter's as my judgement, his just slights out in range. But I have no problem 1sk.

Tawpgun

I have to thank 343 Studios for going completely the opposite way from what I wanted in Halo, made the next-gen decision really, really easy. So glad I made it, Destiny is pretty much all I have time to play and I've met some really outstanding people through PS DGAF.

Halo 5 is dope tho

I really want a better HMG. I feel like I could do better than a SWARM. And I need a 331 one before ToO. Don't wanna waste the lights on SWARM when I will most likely use it on armor first.

Judgement has a higher natural ROF, if a Felwinter's misses it's first shot you win. I have Hammer forged and Shot package on mine, it has been doing me really well since IB started. My friend has the exact same roll on his Felwinter's as my judgement, his just slights out in range. But I have no problem 1sk.

Yeah but does the vendor judgement have those perks?

I was thinking of buying a vendor shotgun, sniper, or HMG since i need higher level better version of those things but im thinking Ill just wait till HoW so I get the new vendor gear and can reroll

If I were a DestinyGAFfer who was also unfortunate enough to be on Xbone I definitely would've bought a PS4 by now just from reading this thread

I would have never imagined i'd buy a PS4 before playing Destiny. I'd been a Halo kid since Halo 3 and I didn't have any interest in any of Sony's franchises. Xbox was where Halo and the friends I made playing it were, so it didn't make sense for me to buy a new console just for one game.

That soon changed when I picked one up (originally temporarily) for the Destiny Alpha. I knew at that moment that I personally would be making a mistake by playing it on the Xbox. The PSN community here had a month head start to form and it's where I started to recreate the network I had on the Xbox. I also immediately grew attached to the way the game handled on the PS4, from its sharing functions to the controller. The decision felt right to me. I hate to admit the shameless amount of exclusive content played a factor as well, but I considered it a bonus at that point.

My experiences with it on the Xbox One since launch haven't been as satisfying, nor is the list of "friends" I thought I had relevant anymore. Out of 100ish friends, I have all of 15 on at any given time, half of which play Destiny infrequently. On the other hand, the Alpha and the Beta created a community here that's active and friendly and I doubt i'd have stuck with Destiny as long as I have if it wasn't for that. Even if I were to make new Destiny friends on Xbox, I fear that I'd be losing out on that community.

Perhaps there's a possibility I would have played it on Xbox if a stronger community had a chance to sprout here. I dont hail from GAF, but it's the forum where I spend most of my time now and frankly the only one where I can have some decent Destiny discussion. So whatever ends up helping the Xbox players experience that - whether it's a list, thread, website or whatever else - it will have my support. We're all playing the same game, but we're ultimately and unfortunately in different worlds.

That would be cool. I imagine the issue with this would be splitting the patrol playerbase, which they rely on to give you a constant churn of new players each time you go to a new instance.

Perhaps they could make events where certain planets become more deadly on Patrol for a week. Nightfall Venus Patrol where you have to complete 12 bounties without dying, every enemy is level 30, and if you die or orbit out early you lose your bounty progress.

YES!

I've always thought they needed higher level Patrols. And a Borderlands-styled thing where you can challenge people in Public spaces to a quick match of 1v1 or something. Kind of like a PvP Public Event or whatever.

Halo 5 is dope tho
Yeah but does the vendor judgement have those perks?

I was thinking of buying a vendor shotgun, sniper, or HMG since i need higher level better version of those things but im thinking Ill just wait till HoW so I get the new vendor gear and can reroll
I have no idea what the Vendor one has :p I got mine from a NM package. A good vendor shotgun is also the Vanguard Secret Handshake, seen a lot of those in Crucible. I think it's void? Not sure of the rolls. Was going to pick it up, but found Judgement in my vault.

Lima

Seems like a pretty small difference in the ROF from my point of view. Unless the vendor version rolls w/ full Auto. But for those that don't have FL this looks like a very similar option.

Hell no. It has almost triple the rate of fire. If you survive the felwinter shot or engage multiple enemies they are dead before they can get their second shots off.

Judgment IV or Two to the morgue are currently the best shotguns if you roll them with Hammer Forged and Shot package.

Morgue sadly goes the way of the dodo but Judgment will continue to be on sale at New Monarchy with DLC. Buy it and re roll it at Gunsmith until SP and HF are on it and throw the Felwinter to the trash. Such a piece of shit shotgun.

I would have never imagined i'd buy a PS4 before playing Destiny. I'd been a Halo kid since Halo 3 and I didn't have any interest in any of Sony's franchises. Xbox was where Halo and the friends I made playing it were, so it didn't make sense for me to buy a new console just for one game.

That soon changed when I picked one up (originally temporarily) for the Destiny Alpha. I knew at that moment that I personally would be making a mistake by playing it on the Xbox. The PSN community here had a month head start to form and it's where I started to recreate the network I had on the Xbox. I also immediately grew attached to the way the game handled on the PS4, from its sharing functions to the controller. The decision felt right to me. I hate to admit the shameless amount of exclusive content played a factor as well, but I considered it a bonus at that point.

My experiences with it on the Xbox One since launch haven't been as satisfying, nor is the list of "friends" I thought I had relevant anymore. Out of 100ish friends, I have all of 15 on at any given time, half of which play Destiny infrequently. On the other hand, the Alpha and the Beta created a community here that's active and friendly and I doubt i'd have stuck with Destiny as long as I have if it wasn't for that.

Perhaps there's a possibility I would have played it on Xbox if a stronger community had a chance to sprout here. I dont hail from GAF, but it's the forum where I spend most of my time now and frankly the only one where I can have some decent Destiny discussion. So whatever ends up helping the Xbox players experience that community - whether it's a list, thread, website or whatever else - it will have my support.

Your beginning is very similar to mine. However my PS decision was more based around Microsofts flat out arrogance during the XBO e3 conference. I'm a big vote with my dollar kind of person, and even if they went and undid all their bad decisions, they still thought those were good ideas to begin with. Thus, they made the decision for me.

Sony seemed humbled by their attitude they had at the PS3 launch, so I was all for jumping ship. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the next generation comes around I flip again.

Funny enough, I've bought every Nintendo generation to accompany my Sony/Microsoft device.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I'm an xboner.

Stopped coming here because its mostly PS4 people. Which is why in the gaming side reveal thread a bunch of Xbone people want to make a seperate thread so we get the sense of community that the PS4 crew has here.

Anyway, I was gonna say that if the Halo 5 Beta was a stinker I most likely would have sold my Xbone and got a PS4. Especially since MCC, while I can have fun on it, is still struggling and its community decimated.

But I fuckin loved the halo 5 beta so its got be excited enough to keep the Xbone.

We've been re-building and XB1 DGaf the past few weeks. We had 2 IB trains going last night. Come join us!

Haha me too. Our judgements are far better than any felwinter for this reason

You know what would have helped the Xbox community? Universal characters.

But Bungie said no because parity or whatever bogus reason I remember reading last year. There wouldn't be any problem with splitting the userbase if we could jump from one console to the next.

I suppose that would hurt their exclusivity deals.

Halo 5 is dope tho

I really want a better HMG. I feel like I could do better than a SWARM. And I need a 331 one before ToO. Don't wanna waste the lights on SWARM when I will most likely use it on armor first.
Eh, PvP isn't my thing any more, and I just don't trust what they'll do with the story and campaign.

I still have an Arc and Solar Zombie Apocalypse HMG's, and even at 300 are still better than any 331 legendary machine gun that I have. Can't wait to level those up along with Corrective Measure.

But Bungie said no because parity or whatever bogus reason I remember reading last year. There wouldn't be any problem with splitting the userbase if we could jump from one console to the next.

I suppose that would hurt their exclusivity deals.

Wait, are you talking about 360>XB1? Or players from XB1 being able to play with PS4 players?

You know what would have helped the Xbox community? Universal characters.

To do that they'd have to have the same content on both platforms. Being able to hop back and forth between old-gen and current-gen is great, not that I really do it as much any more. But if I could hop over and continue my 3x32 characters on PS4 from my Xbox One, then I'd be more inclined to pick one up down the line. No way I'm starting over, not a chance. I wish we could just play with PS4 people though, it's the same game and backend systems I bet, so I don't get the issue (Microsoft and Sony hate each other and would go bankrupt before letting gamers play together cross platform, sadly). I bet it would be relatively easy for Bungie to enable, too...

LTWood12

Hell no. It has almost triple the rate of fire. If you survive the felwinter shot or engage multiple enemies they are dead before they can get their second shots off.

Judgment IV or Two to the morgue are currently the best shotguns if you roll them with Hammer Forged and Shot package.

Morgue sadly goes the way of the dodo but Judgment will continue to be on sale at New Monarchy with DLC. Buy it and re roll it at Gunsmith until SP and HF are on it and throw the Felwinter to the trash. Such a piece of shit shotgun.

Anyone know what the Vendor Two to the Morgue comes with?

Your beginning is very similar to mine. However my PS decision was more based around Microsofts flat out arrogance during the XBO e3 conference. I'm a big vote with my dollar kind of person, and even if they went and undid all their bad decisions, they still thought those were good ideas to begin with. Thus, they made the decision for me.

Sony seemed humbled by their attitude they had at the PS3 launch, so I was all for jumping ship. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the next generation comes around I flip again.

Funny enough, I've bought every Nintendo generation to accompany my Sony/Microsoft device.

I actually felt the opposite coming out of E3. Microsoft seemed more humbled by all the overwhelming backlash and chose to focus on telling everyone what they wanted to hear to wash away the bad PR. Since their show was mostly about games, I enjoyed it, especially following the announcement of MCC (RIP).

I tuned in to Sony's conference for the Destiny reveal and it felt very stuffy and arrogant by comparison. They spent half of it talking about hardware and the other half showing games I had no interest in. I left that show rolling my eyes and wanting nothing to do with them.

And then I picked up a PS4 a few days later because I'd have the chance to play Destiny three months earlier than I thought. No way was I going to pass that up. I was Mr drive-by skeptic at that point and was dying to see what the hype was about.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Just got Shark Whisperer from random IB. LEL...

I can't tell if this is sympathetic, or trolling.

Well played either way...

Even if this is trolling...

It's what I did.

Best decision I ever made.

I'm an xboner.

My experiences with it on the Xbox One since launch haven't been as satisfying, nor is the list of "friends" I thought I had relevant anymore. Out of 100ish friends, I have all of 15 on at any given time, half of which play Destiny infrequently. On the other hand, the Alpha and the Beta created a community here that's active and friendly and I doubt i'd have stuck with Destiny as long as I have if it wasn't for that. Even if I were to make new Destiny friends on Xbox, I fear that I'd be losing out on that community.

Perhaps there's a possibility I would have played it on Xbox if a stronger community had a chance to sprout here. I dont hail from GAF, but it's the forum where I spend most of my time now and frankly the only one where I can have some decent Destiny discussion. So whatever ends up helping the Xbox players experience that - whether it's a list, thread, website or whatever else - it will have my support. We're all playing the same game, but we're ultimately and unfortunately in different worlds.

Actually wasn't trolling. Can't agree more - the PS4 DestinyGAF community is top notch. Doubt I would still be playing if it weren't for the people I've met on here.

Homeboyd

I have 4 Judgment VIs:

Arc: Luck in the Chamber/Field Scout/Range Finder
Solar: Return to Sender/Field Scout/Shot Package
Void: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Shot Package
Arc: Final Round/Flared Magwell/Feeding Frenzy

So glad I saved them.

Ophelion

So, just to be clear, Iron Banner is a week long event. As in, going until next week Thursday, yes?

I just need to know how much hustle I've gotta put in if I want my chest piece and helm.

Omni

So, just to be clear, Iron Banner is a week long event. As in, going until next week Thursday, yes?

I just need to know how much hustle I've gotta put in if I want my chest piece and helm.

Goes until the reset. So you've got a bit of time!

Deku Tree

talking about being able to log into and share one account between all 4 consoles.

I think there is never going to be any confirmation on why that is the case but I imagine that it is that way because both Sony and MS have absolutely no interest in allowing cross console family character sharing.

I would guess that Bungie and Activison could care less about it and instead would be happy to have cross console family sharing because it might motivate more people to double buy Destiny to play with friends on both PS4 and X1.

Sony and MS on the other hand want to lock you into their ecosystem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom