• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck Vex Mythoclast too. Sick of dying and seeing one of those two weapons pop up on the UI.

Where are people up to on IB? I'm just about to hit level 3

I reached rank 4 yesterday on my Hunter thanks to some good GAF groups.
Bought the chest piece, helmet and Spear. I'm thinking about switching to my Titan now.

XenoRaven

Got some friends to carry me through Crota last night. Got the Black Hammer. This thing is ridiculous.

You guys were right about CE being way better about drops than VoG. VoG gave me an assload of ascendant materials, CE gave me actual gear. What a concept.

Got some friends to carry me through Crota last night. Got the Black Hammer. This thing is ridiculous.

You guys were right about CE being way better about drops than VoG. VoG gave me an assload of ascendant materials, CE gave me actual gear. What a concept.

You say this now, but you will start to really appreciate VoG as a well designed and good raid soon enough.

CE at the end of the day is "Get through as fast as you can for the lootz"

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Fuck Vex Mythoclast too. Sick of dying and seeing one of those two weapons pop up on the UI.

3 on my Warlock. About to hit 3 on my hunter (needs 1 win/bounty), and a 2 on my titan which I'm going to grind tonight when I get home.

All solo.

I reached rank 4 yesterday on my Hunter thanks to some good GAF groups.
Bought the chest piece, helmet and Spear. I'm thinking about switching to my Titan now.

I am 400 away from 4, and will probably just do the rest on my titan. I don't really want the hand cannon and the shader is eh.

I am 400 away from 4, and will probably just do the rest on my titan. I don't really want the hand cannon and the shader is eh.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of the Lash, besides it already dropped for me 2 IBs ago.
The shader on the other hand gives you a little boost iirc, just as the emblem and class item.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of the Lash, besides it already dropped for me 2 IBs ago.
The shader on the other hand gives you a little boost iirc, just as the emblem and class item.

Does the level 5 shader give more of a boost than the other shader?

Oh, and Warlock chest. Is it really that amazeballs?

I have enough coins for 2 armor pieces. I am getting the hunter gauntlets what else should I get?

Toa TAK

Banned
Finally got my first piece of Exotic equipment. Got gauntlets and now I'm a 29. I'm so close I can taste the 30...

How many raids are there, just two right? I did the Vault of Glass.

Should be able to make it to Rank 4 on my Titan today in Iron Banner.

The chest was perfect for me, since I'm walking around with a Scout/Shotty combo.

I rerolled my Sniper a couple of times and ended up with
  • Unflinching
  • Pefect Balance
  • Final Round
I'm thinking I'll leave it alone. Those perks seem to work for my sniper abilities. I would've been okay with Clown Cartridge or anything that gives me a larger clip in place of Unflinching, but eh. I don't want to throw endless motes at it.

Ah no, both shaders give the same boost if I'm not mistaken.
Don't know why I have both emblems and both shaders, must have been in my inventory from earlier IBs :')

The first iron banner was super easy/cheap to get both shaders. I bought a few then and they've been floating in my character's inventory ever since.

Bradach

Finally got my first piece of Exotic equipment. Got gauntlets and now I'm a 29. I'm so close I can taste the 30...

How many raids are there, just two right? I did the Vault of Glass.

yes two raids. You should join a Gaf group for the crotas end raid. At 29 you should be fine in normal mode. you'll need that raid gear to get you to 32. There are also some nice weapons up for grabs in there.

Ah ok, makes sense.

Timurs Lash that great if I have TLW? I have the Thorn Bounty as well.

Timurs Lash can be OK with the perks like Outlaw and Luck in the Chamber (helpful because it only has 7 rounds).
But TLW, Hawkmoon, Thorn and Fatebringer are king. Don't waste your glimmer and motes imo.

The first iron banner was super easy/cheap to get both shaders. I bought a few then and they've been floating in my character's inventory ever since.

Aah that must be it, I think I bought all the IB stuff for my Hunter the first time IB came around.
I couldn't have been swimming in glimmer at that time as I was not on GAF yet for the GK cp.

Toa TAK

Banned
yes two raids. You should join a Gaf group for the crotas end raid. At 29 you should be fine in normal mode. you'll need that raid gear to get you to 32. There are also some nice weapons up for grabs in there.

Sweet, is anyone doing that Raid today?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Iron Banner weapons have had the ability to be rerolled by Saladin ever since IB season 3 I think.

Just have the weapon equipped and talk to Shaxx. It costs 2 motes.
Whoa, I had no idea. I stopped playing from October to March and missed that info.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

Vex Pussyblast amirite?

Homeboyd

Noting too great from Xur this week, but at least I was finally able to rexurbish my Bad Juju.
And I just got done grinding 25 strikes for a new Bad Juju bounty, lol.
Noooo don't rexurbish anything now. HoW would've let you upgrade to 365 version with 1 exotic shard and 0 glimmer, versus what you just did (traded in an exotic, plus an exotic shard, PLUS 7500 glimmer... and you're capped at 331 instead of 365). So you'll have to spend another shard to get it to 365. You can always just turn in your next juju bounty after HoW drops.

ie don't upgrade exotics with xur anymore.

This whole time I didn't know Gjallahorn had proximity detonation. I never used it in PvP because of this. Broke it out last night for the first time in PvP and was raining death on fools.

OE/Timur's Lash
LotA/Felwinter
Gjallahorn

was doing work for me last night.

Thinking of using Fatebringer in PvP though cause 7 rounds is really lacking for TL. How is FB in PvP? Rarely see anyone using that.

Whoa, I had no idea. I stopped playing from October to March and missed that info.

This is part of the reason that people have been complaining about shotguns so much lately.

The Iron Banner shotgun is called Felwinter's Lie. Which by itself is a great shotgun. It's only real downside is it's rate of fire. As in, if you don't kill with the first shot, you don't have great odds of making it to the second.

Anyway, so this thing went on sale 2 months ago (February's IB). Once people got hold of it, they rerolled it until they got the super crazy helpful shotgun perks.

So Felwinter's Lie with:
  • Rangefinder (Increases effective Range while using ADS)
  • Shot Package (Reduces the size of the cone of damage, but increases the Damage and Range)
  • Send It (Greatly increases Range)

Thus the great Shot Gun fest of 2015 was born.

back to Destiny after playing TDB for about 3 weeks. The HoW info dragged me back forcibly.

The Last Word and Thorn with hammer forged/shot package Judgement VI as a secondary, I don't think I've ever had this much fun in crucible ever. Haters can hate all they want, Thorn's DoT is hilarious. Iron Banner has been gracious, got two ships, Jolder's and G
no Land Beyond

Looking for Xbone gaffers for future HoW content/raids. GT: TDG Lyceius. Will be playing regularly.

Tawpgun

Back when I played crucible when the game launched I donged with Thorn. Even a bit with TLW.

I can't get a hang of them now. Red Death is my most reliable killing machine.

If I were a DestinyGAFfer who was also unfortunate enough to be on Xbone I definitely would've bought a PS4 by now just from reading this thread

nOoblet16

Well my phD application got rejected, despite the supervisor telling me my application was a strong one in the rejection email.

I want to drown myself in Destiny today before I get back to other stuff this weekend. Anyone wants to run DS+Crota Normal and then Crota Hard ? Also need Atheon HM.

If not then I'd just like to hop onto an IB train.

LTWood12

This is part of the reason that people have been complaining about shotguns so much lately.

The Iron Banner shotgun is called Felwinter's Lie. Which by itself is a great shotgun. It's only real downside is it's rate of fire. As in, if you don't kill with the first shot, you don't have great odds of making it to the second.

Anyway, so this thing went on sale 2 months ago (February's IB). Once people got hold of it, they rerolled it until they got the super crazy helpful shotgun perks.

So Felwinter's Lie with:
  • Shot Package (Reduces the size of the cone of damage, but increases the Damage and Range)

You forgot Hammer Forged :)

So Felwinter's Lie with:

Mine has rangefinder and hammer forged. Junk is stupid lol. Even moreso because it came that way. I didn't have to reroll it at all.

Well my phD application got rejected, despite the supervisor telling me my application was a strong one in the rejection email.

I want to drown myself in Destiny today before I get back to other stuff this weekend. Anyone wants to run DS+Crota Normal and then Crota Hard ? Also need Atheon HM.

If not then I'd just like to hop onto an IB train.

Shit man I am sorry. You have me on your friends list I am down for whatever.

We will make a drinking game of it.

I am now level 4 in IB with about 25% of the way to level 5. Bought a helmet and chest piece for my Warlock. I also bought the Spear sniper and found a Folger's Hammer. Is there any other IB weapon dropping this round of IB?

I am not convinced that Timur's Lash is worth the effort to get to level 5. I already have Thorn and TLW. Is TImur's Lash better than Word of Crota?

Also, I found an iOS app for my iPhone for managing weapon load outs. It is called Loadouts. It is free with a donation as an IAP. I am not affiliated with the app but find it super useful as my iPhone is always right beside me.

I think I will take my Hunter through IB now to get to level 3. My Hunter does need the chest piece as that one is not dropping during CE raids.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom