• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second thought, I might go for that Heart of Praxic Fire. I'm rocking Starfire Protocol for my Sunsinging Warlock right now, but I can get my extra fusion grenade from perks and then all I lose is the burning effect on my fusion grenades, which doesn't matter all that much since most everything dies a horrible death when I stick them with fusions anyway.

Plus, Praxic Fire looks rad.

I dunno...what do you think, GAF? Praxic Fire for my Warlock main or Don't Touch me for my Hunter alt? Probably can't raise the coins for both and do IB.
keep-calm-and-praise-the-sun-15.png

On second thought, I might go for that Heart of Praxic Fire. I'm rocking Starfire Protocol for my Sunsinging Warlock right now, but I can get my extra fusion grenade from perks and then all I lose is the burning effect on my fusion grenades, which doesn't matter all that much since most everything dies a horrible death when I stick them with fusions anyway.

Plus, Praxic Fire looks rad.

I dunno...what do you think, GAF? Praxic Fire for my Warlock main or Don't Touch me for my Hunter alt? Probably can't raise the coins for both and do IB.
I still say Voidfang Vestments are the best PVP exotic for Warlocks, even sungingers. If you have Gift of the Sun and Voidfangs, you spawn every life with two full grenades and the high disc fills them back up quickly after you throw them out (though some people don't think your disc effects your second grenade refill.)

Ophelion

I still say Voidfang Vestments are the best PVP exotic for Warlocks, even sungingers. If you have Gift of the Sun and Voidfangs, you spawn every life with two full grenades and the high disc fills them back up quickly after you throw them out (though some people don't think your disc effects your second grenade refill.)

I've already got Voidfang. I'll take that as a vote for Don't Touch Me, then?

On the other hand, I do like being a Sunbro. And that armor is so badass looking...decisions, decisions...

Edit: I have a ton of motes of light. Maybe I'll get the Exotic engram, see what I get and make my choice from there. If I get super duper lucky, maybe I'll get both anyway, lol.

I miss the days of people looking to do weekly strikes. Are people just going with matchmaking or already have groups knocking them out?
I have a Hunter that hasn't gotten through the Eris Quest yet, so I'll be needing a sherpa for the Weekly with her. My other 2 characters can get through with matchmaking, it's certainly nice to have as a backup in case I can't find a group.

So, would this make Don't Touch Me not worth it if I don't have an Exotic piece yet? I'm really trying to get to 30+ so I can stop being carried through stuff.
Light Level > Supplementary stats. If you need an exotic, I would suggest picking them up to hit 30+. If there is a better version off of Xurgrades next week drop a shard to get the rolls.

Voidfangs are fantastic, but Claws of Ahamkara are seriously under-rated in my opinion. Double fusions and double scorch with flame shield is just plain OP in PvP and PvE (tank tank tank). I build it with max Discipline so ~8-10 Fusions per Radiance + 2x instakill melees that each give you overshield + second skin in radiance. Combine that with max Armor and max Recovery (since horizontal glide-boost-hopping via focused burst makes up for low agility) and you're just unstoppable. Plus they look damn fine.

Same here. $47 to ship to Australia. I'd rather give that money directly to the charity instead of USPS.

Have a friend who needs ds plus crota, I can help if there are more players interested.

Thanks ruthless, I hope we can get a few more people interested. I wouldn't mind doing ds + crota 3 times.

Do you still have the gorgons cp by any chance? I am out running an errand but will be home in like half hour.

Mindlog

So, would this make Don't Touch Me not worth it if I don't have an Exotic piece yet? I'm really trying to get to 30+ so I can stop being carried through stuff.
How is your coin situation?
While the stat roll is pretty poor so are Bladedancer grenades. I don't believe Discipline is all that important in the cases where Don't Touch Me is valuable. However, long term Hunter helmets are very useful and if you don't have enough coins to pick one up next week then that would be painful.

I assume this means buy it then wait to see if I can upgrade it with an Exotic Shard.
Yeah, well you could pick it up now for the light level. And if you want a better roll, you can do the exotic shard upgrade if he has it later :) those supplementary stats seem to matter more in PvP anyway

How is this Jolder's Hammer?

• Field Choke
• Perfect Balance
• Hammer Forged
• Crowd Control
• Take a Knee (not amazing I know)

That's a keeper! No telling how many motes it would take to get that combination without take a knee. You'll just be that rage inducing dude, creeping' with his lmg, lol.

Got one to drop this morning and rolled until I got:

range finder,
perfect balance, hammer forged, flared magwell
crowd control

So has Xur never had an exotic upgrade for Icebreaker or have I just somehow missed it?

Pretty sure the first week after TDB launched you could upgrade all the must haves but yeah as others have said it's best to wait the 18 days and not deal with the Xurgrade for guns at least.

Lima

I want that Trials of Osiris loot so bad but I am incredibly awful at Destiny's PvP. It's heartbreaking.

Precisely the reason why you will find many bad players in Trials. They made the armor that desirable that people will play it even if they suck or and not like the PvP much. I know quite a few in my list.

willow ve

Do we have any confirmation as to what happens with Exotic Armor when they're ascended to 42 light level? Do their rolled stats get re-rolled? Is that still only an option through purchasing an "upgrade" through Xur?

Would be great if Exotic Armor just had set stats like Exotic Weapons.

(edit for clarity).

Right now I have some exotics with weak stat rolls
Intellect, Discipline, Strength

You can wait for Xur to sell them again (with better rolls) OR for Xur to sell the upgrade (with better rolls). Purchasing either of these obviously resets the experience you had applied to the armor, but it gives you a better roll.

Question is - when ascending Exotic Armor to the new light cap - will that also upgrade the stat rolls?

XenoRaven

How is your coin situation?
While the stat roll is pretty poor so are Bladedancer grenades. I don't believe Discipline is all that important in the cases where Don't Touch Me is valuable. However, long term Hunter helmets are very useful and if you don't have enough coins to pick one up next week then that would be painful.
11 Strange Coins and I haven't done the Weekly or Nightfall yet.

Yeah, well you could pick it up now for the light level. And if you want a better roll, you can do the exotic shard upgrade if he has it later :) those supplementary stats seem to matter more in PvP anyway
Ok cool. I didn't really know how the Xur upgrade thing worked apart from raising your max defense stat.

Well my phD application got rejected, despite the supervisor telling me my application was a strong one in the rejection email.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Things are tough out there, super competitive with funding sources drying up left and right. Too many qualified people fighting for too little money. I'm sure something will work out if you keep with it.

Actually wasn't trolling. Can't agree more - the PS4 DestinyGAF community is top notch. Doubt I would still be playing if it weren't for the people I've met on here.

+1. Good to see you posting again Scarlet! :)

In the words of Hood's dog: "Arr-whooooo!"

phen0m24

Damn, sorry to hear that. Things are tough out there, super competitive with funding sources drying up left and right. Too many qualified people fighting for too little money. I'm sure something will work out if you keep with it.

+1. Good to see you posting again Scarlet! :)

In the words of Hood's dog: "Arr-whooooo!"

Hood's dog = Fun Run mascot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom