• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whatever ends up helping the Xbox players experience that - whether it's a list, thread, website or whatever else - it will have my support. We're all playing the same game, but we're ultimately and unfortunately in different worlds.

+1 to this as well.

I know a lot of Xbox folks were turned away early on because the threads were so fast and PS4 predominance meant their LFG requests were swept away with the tide. Hopefully people who still play and enjoy the game are encouraged to come back and participate in the community.

I can understand why it might be helpful to split off LFG stuff into a separate thread (like Afro kinda sorta not really tried to do before) but it's also nice to have all serious Destiny Gaf discussion centralized. I hope the LFG stuff doesn't dilute the flow of conversation too much but rather adds to the community feel.

good thing my Main is Warlock, I truly am Fireborn material, always respawning myself after a fuck up/mistake

Lol yep sounds like you truly embody the spirit of the Cheese-locks! Life keeps trying to Scrota-smash you but you keep self-rez'ing and smacking it back in the face. Good to hear the recent injury was less serious, as I'd hoped from your initial post.

On second thought, I might go for that Heart of Praxic Fire. I'm rocking Starfire Protocol for my Sunsinging Warlock right now, but I can get my extra fusion grenade from perks and then all I lose is the burning effect on my fusion grenades, which doesn't matter all that much since most everything dies a horrible death when I stick them with fusions anyway.

Plus, Praxic Fire looks rad.

I dunno...what do you think, GAF? Praxic Fire for my Warlock main or Don't Touch me for my Hunter alt? Probably can't raise the coins for both and do IB.

I think you'll get more use out of the Praxic Fire. The only time I feel like I'm really benefiting from DTM is the abyss in CE.

One spot open for IB if anyone wants to join up. PSN is Reignofsparrows.

Damn I've missed out on all the good IB action this week. Not sure If I'll be able to play again until Sunday night, but I'm still down to get my Titan from 0 to rank 5 if there are still groups going. It's always nice to have one character sitting at rank 5 for when the next IB rolls around so I can hopefully do the rep reset exploit again.

TLW is still so good. Still the best.

I used to love HMoon so much but I have to admit TLW has the highest skill ceiling potential as long as your play style becomes appropriately aggressive. The HC nerfs made it feel a little less consistent but you can win or at least tie in virtually every mid-to-close 1v1 battle. Not great for multiple quick engagements but that's where blink-shotguns come in...

On second thought, I might go for that Heart of Praxic Fire. I'm rocking Starfire Protocol for my Sunsinging Warlock right now, but I can get my extra fusion grenade from perks and then all I lose is the burning effect on my fusion grenades, which doesn't matter all that much since most everything dies a horrible death when I stick them with fusions anyway.

I dunno...what do you think, GAF? Praxic Fire for my Warlock main or Don't Touch me for my Hunter alt? Probably can't raise the coins for both and do IB.

Can't raise coins for both?

Love the new blood around here.

Well, junior, I still recommend you take advantage of the Don't Touch Me gauntlets but you do whatever you feel you need to do.
Destiny
life is a journey and mistakes are a necessary part of the learning process.

Hyun Sai

Today I could finally run my friends through VoG normal for their first experience, and we did it !

Felt great, but the pressure of having to teach everybody the mechanics left me pretty tired...

Mindlog

11 Strange Coins and I haven't done the Weekly or Nightfall yet.
That's a pretty healthy amount for armors as long as next week's weapon is also poor.
If you haven't done Crota's Abyss section you could get someone to run you through that for a chance at gauntlets. May try to phone home and see if someone can run through it real quick.

Warlock is my main, but I still use Don't Touch Me more than Praxic Fire.

M3Rocket

Hit rank 4. Time for a break. Then level up with my Titan. Best place to glimmer farm?

With groups of 3 or more, Normal VoG at GK. Clockwise circle, kill/super all yellow bars, about 20-30 seconds then wipe. Repeat. 600+ glimmer per run plus tons of Axiomatic Beads for your savings account.

Solo, would be first Cabal mission on Mars called Exclusion Zone on Heroic. You have to go through/endure about 1.5 to 2 minutes for dinklebot to tell tyou all about in the beginning to get to the enemies. Run past the first ship to get the 2nd ship to spawn. Kill 8 yellow major Cabal, then wipe. About 45 to 60 seconds per round, 400+ glimmer plus some Network Keys for savings. You can reduce the run time with 2 people exchanging orbs and supers on the two groups of yellows.

Holy shit Destiny. 3 nightfalls, 3 Exotics. Ruin Wings from Xur. Another one from Iron Banner on top of Jolder's and 4 ships. And I'm about to run Crota, can we get exotic number 5?

Question about the Spear: how is the vendor roll?

I only have about 35 motes, and I want to save them for Timur's.

Firefly + Ambush Scope + Perfect Balance with Armor Piercing or High Caliber seems pretty damn good!

XenoRaven

That's a pretty healthy amount for armors as long as next week's weapon is also poor.
If you haven't done Crota's Abyss section you could get someone to run you through that for a chance at gauntlets. May try to phone home and see if someone can run through it real quick.

Warlock is my main, but I still use Don't Touch Me more than Praxic Fire.
I have the gauntlets and the boots from Crota NM. I was hoping for Lucky Raspberry from Xur this week, but no luck. I was reading up and it seems like Don't Touch Me is supposed to be good for PvE so I figured I might try and grab them even though I already have Legendary gloves. Maybe I'll just wait. I should hit Vanguard Rank 3 next week which will let me get either the chest or the helmet from there.

vctor182

Got my fellwinters shotgun with return to sender, hammer forged and range finderis it ok or should i roll again for shot package?

When the very first HoW teaser launched and didn't include the word "raid" in the press release, Todd, Lima and Nami all made bets that HoW would still have a raid. Shortly thereafter, the official word came that HoW had no raid and all 3 DGAF members honorably stuck to their word.

Todd dismantled his beloved HoPF, Lima sharded 3 maxed GHorns (both with video proof) and Nami changed his avatar to the monstrosity you see today. Good times during dark Destiny days.

Got my fellwinters shotgun with return to sender, hammer forged and range finderis it ok or should i roll again for shot package?

I wouldn't waste the motes. Rangefinder is still darn good and that shotty will do just fine especially if you have aggressive ballistics barrel.

When the very first HoW teaser launched and didn't include the word "raid" in the press release, Todd, Lima and Nami all made bets that HoW would still have a raid. Shortly thereafter, the official word came that HoW had no raid and all 3 DGAF members honorably stuck to their word.

Todd dismantled his beloved HoPF, Lima sharded 3 maxed GHorns (both with video proof) and Nami changed his avatar to the monstrosity you see today. Good times during dark Destiny days.

Shit. I knw about Nami's and Lima's. I just didn't know Todd was part of that. And to bet his Praxic of all things... tsk tsk.

With groups of 3 or more, Normal VoG at GK. Clockwise circle, kill/super all yellow bars, about 20-30 seconds then wipe. Repeat. 600+ glimmer per run plus tons of Axiomatic Beads for your savings account.

Solo, would be first Cabal mission on Mars called Exclusion Zone on Heroic. You have to go through/endure about 1.5 to 2 minutes for dinklebot to tell tyou all about in the beginning to get to the enemies. Run past the first ship to get the 2nd ship to spawn. Kill 8 yellow major Cabal, then wipe. About 45 to 60 seconds per round, 400+ glimmer plus some Network Keys for savings. You can reduce the run time with 2 people exchanging orbs and supers on the two groups of yellows.

Since the shotty buff I think GK farming is the best bet even solo. You can reach ~max efficiency even with a group of 2 coordinated Guardians chaining orbs with Univ Remote + secondary shotty load out. The downtime between each EZone loop really kills it for me, not to mention you can't save a CP there. The only downside to GK is finding the CP which is easy here.

One loop is 592 glimmer for the 16 majors plus the beads and the engram breakdowns. Also gives (16*55) = 880 XP with NFall boost to all equipped armor. Each weapon that kills a major gets that 55 XP also. Great way to level new gear or exotics and even shotguns. Did several bubbles on my URemote that way.

stb

I have the gauntlets and the boots from Crota NM. I was hoping for Lucky Raspberry from Xur this week, but no luck. I was reading up and it seems like Don't Touch Me is supposed to be good for PvE so I figured I might try and grab them even though I already have Legendary gloves. Maybe I'll just wait. I should hit Vanguard Rank 3 next week which will let me get either the chest or the helmet from there.

I don't play Hunter, but my Hunter-playing pals love Dont Touch Me. They basically make the Abyss part of Crota's End easy mode.

Even if you're tight on coins, my 2¢ would be to buy them. I think you'll regret it if you don't.

In a few weeks, you can get to max level without exotic, raid, or IB armor, so you don't need to worry about being stuck at #forever31 for long, and there's a ~50% chance Xur will have a helmet or chest for you next week.

Question about the Spear: how is the vendor roll?

I only have about 35 motes, and I want to save them for Timur's.

Firefly + Ambush Scope + Perfect Balance with Armor Piercing or High Caliber seems pretty damn good!

I'm not crazy about the vendor roll since it's not great for PvE or PvP. For PvE, solar isn't desirable because BHam and IceB exist plus I'd say Field Scout is a must have there. For PvP, perks like Unflinching and Final Round are ideal, for the first and second perk respectively. On that first perk, Outlaw or spray and play would both be better for PvE or PvP than the vendor version.

Armor Piercing used to be amazing for PvP and PvE but it was nerfed so hard that it's very unreliable now. For example, it's penetration depth can still shoot the Sword Bearer thru the top of his favorite rock but not lower down where the rock is thicker. Perfect Balance isn't very useful to me since the RoF is so slow you have plenty of time to readjust your reticle between shots. Some people really hate recoil though.

I've been trying to get good almost every IB since launch, and played a ton on PvP during the beta. You've been playing PvP for a few days, and we fight for last place. One more IB and you'll be pro...me on the other hand :(

I gave you a run for your money hudson, you aint taking my title of forever last place

What's considered "the best" striker titan PvP exotic?

Yep, what Kor said. There is no second place really, unless you're doing a 3v3 mode then Crest of Alpha Lupi is nice for fast revives. The Mk44 leg exotics are fun but two Lightning grenades plus the high Disc from Arma are amazing for control points.

Helm of Inmost Light is ok but I don't find those extra perks to be terribly valuable.

Yep, what Kor said. There is no second place really, unless you're doing a 3v3 mode then Crest of Alpha Lupi is nice for fast revives. The Mk44 leg exotics are fun but two Lightning grenades plus the high Disc from Arma are amazing for control points.

Helm of Inmost Light is ok but I don't find those extra perks to be terribly valuable.

Helm of Innermost Light is good if you want your super to be like the Warlock Nova Bomb. In that I mean you can "fire" it off from a safe distance without having to worry about being interrupted (read: killed out of the wind up animation).

I miss it, but not enough to get rid of my Shockwave. I love watching that thing hunt down back peddlers.

When using Lightning grenades you really need to be aware of your geometry. Sticking those things to walls, ceilings, boxes, windows... this list just goes on really. It's a great way to drop an enemy shield and then pop them with 1 shot from your primary for a quick kill.

Also super easy to catch people trying to capture points off guard.

LTWood12

I cannot remember the last time I used lightning grenades. I always thought they were garbage.

After watching Kor's video, clearly I'm an idiot.

Cob32

Are my exotics from around launch weaker than any exotics I find now?

I've noticed the weapon xur is selling has a max attack of 331 whilst mine have max of 300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom