• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Banned
Zoba's videos showed me the way with grenades. I used to throw them at people, but that really isn't that smart. Now I chuck those things at walls, corners, etc and honestly use them to funnel the other team or to close off a hallway for a bit.

Are my exotics from around launch weaker than any exotics I find now?

I've noticed the weapon xur is selling has a max attack of 331 whilst mine have max of 300.
Yeah, but don't bother buying new ones/upgrading your old ones. HoW will allow you to make any of them reach 365 regardless of what their current attack is for much cheaper than 7000 glimmer, losing all progress, and an exotic shard or 17/23 coins.

You're not wrong :)

So, you should throw them at surfaces higher up?

Think of it like a giant cone or cylinder. Because thats what it is.

If you put it on the floor, you've created a space about 2 Guardians in diameter that enemies will get hit.

Or, if you throw it at the wall, or a good angled cieling, you'll created a column that is about still 2 Guardians in diameter, but now it's also 4 Guardians tall. Except you've made the height the length.

You can clear entire rooms with that thing. And then two of them? It's like setting a trap. Use one to knock out health, and then throw the second to finish the job.

It's also great for area denial.

My favorite Lightning grenade spots:
  • The Cieling above B on Firebase Delphi (throw from outside the window)
  • The wall behind B on Asylum (throw it from the bottom floor)
  • The back C wall on Rusted Lands (see video above)
  • The Hallway/Tunnels of Shores of Time (You can literally damage the entire tunnel here)
  • The A Wall on Firebase Delphi when approaching from outside
  • The back wall of B on Twilight Gap (thrown from above with no risk of taking damage from enemies below)

Cob32

Yeah, but don't bother buying new ones/upgrading your old ones. HoW will allow you to make any of them reach 365 regardless of what their current attack is for much cheaper than 7000 glimmer, losing all progress, and an exotic shard or 17/23 coins.

Thanks, that's good to know.

LTWood12

Think of it like a giant cone or cylinder. Because thats what it is.

If you put it on the floor, you've created a space about 2 Guardians in diameter that enemies will get hit.

Or, if you throw it at the wall, or a good angled cieling, you'll created a column that is about still 2 Guardians in diameter, but now it's also 4 Guardians tall. Except you've made the height the length.

You can clear entire rooms with that thing. And then two of them? It's like setting a trap. Use one to knock out health, and then throw the second to finish the job.

It's also great for area denial.

My favorite Lightning grenade spots:
  • The Cieling above B on Firebase Delphi (throw from outside the window)
  • The wall behind B on Asylum (throw it from the bottom floor)
  • The back C wall on Rusted Lands (see video above)
  • The Hallway/Tunnels of Shores of Time (You can literally damage the entire tunnel here)
  • The A Wall on Firebase Delphi when approaching from outside
  • The back wall of B on Twilight Gap (thrown from above with no risk of taking damage from enemies below)

Can't wait to try this out w/ my 167 Discipline Armamentarium. Thanks!

P.S. Does going over 300 on Intellect, Discipline, or Strength yield a higher decrease in cooldown, or does it cap at 300? I can get up to 358 Discipline on my Titan w/ Armamentarium.

P.S. Does going over 300 on Intellect, Discipline, or Strength yield a higher decrease in cooldown, or does it cap at 300? I can get up to 358 Discipline on my Titan w/ Armamentarium.

I think it caps at like 260 or something.

LTWood12

I'd love to know which Vendor Weapons (w/ their associated Vendor rolls) to get before HoW hits and these weapons are gone. I spent so many marks on planetary materials over the previous months, that I've hardly invested in weapons. Just take what I get from raids, packages, and Nightfalls. Other than the LDR I can't even think of one. I'm currently saving up for the Rapier.

Ophelion

Can't raise coins for both?

Love the new blood around here.

Well, junior, I still recommend you take advantage of the Don't Touch Me gauntlets but you do whatever you feel you need to do.
Destiny
life is a journey and mistakes are a necessary part of the learning process.

Psh. Spare me the attitude, ya old geezer! ;-) I'll get them both in time, but I've been buying up as many exotics as I can get my grubby little paws on. I already bought Hard Light (and yet passed on Red Death. What was I thinking?!) at least, so I probably could raise coins for both, but it would involve ignoring Iron Banner more than I care for. It's the first IB I've been involved in, so I want to give it more attention than it probably requires.

I'll take your storied and venerable opinion into account in my decision.

I'd love to know which Vendor Weapons (w/ their associated Vendor rolls) to get before HoW hits and these weapons are gone. I spent so many marks on planetary materials over the previous months, that I've hardly invested in weapons. Just take what I get from raids, packages, and Nightfalls. Other than the LDR I can't even think of one. I'm currently saving up for the Rapier.

seems like it would be better to just wait for how vendor weapons cause you'll be able to reroll those

I think it caps at like 260 or something.

Cap is either 273 or 274.

I currently have like 310 DSC on my Titan as well.

Basically my Grenades are sitting at 100% and my Super at 70%.

Edit: At 100% DSC I pretty much have a grenade to thrown every respawn. Very rarely do I not.

phen0m24

Wait what? Xur has it? I don't even know how many coins I have. This is all happening so fast!

Also you guys need to yell at zoba to be on the podcast. I need him for trials discussion.

Twilight, count this as my hearty recommendation. I've never heard map breakdowns like yours and I think, mi amigo, that this would count as content creation. ;) Would love to hear you on there!

Psh. Spare me the attitude, ya old geezer! ;-) I'll get them both in time, but I've been buying up as many exotics as I can get my grubby little paws on. I already bought Hard Light (and yet passed on Red Death. What was I thinking?!) at least, so I probably could raise coins for both, but it would involve ignoring Iron Banner more than I care for. It's the first IB I've been involved in, so I want to give it more attention than it probably requires.

Oph I would hardly count anything out of Narmer as venerable. Lol

Snarky reply from Narmer in 3, 2....

Oph I would hardly count anything out of Narmer as venerable. Lol

Snarky reply from Narmer in 3, 2....

I'm surprised you even knew how to spell "venerable."

...hmm... damn, that was pretty weak. Oh well, it's Friday afternoon, I'll cut myself some slack.

shaw515

Neo Member
Alright all you Xbox One people, I know you're out there. Send me a message if you want to join up with Roarak and I in Iron Banner. Looking to start in 15 minutes or so.

giphy.gif

LTWood12

seems like it would be better to just wait for how vendor weapons cause you'll be able to reroll those

I see your point, but some of the vendor weapons already have really great rolls; so it's nice to get a sure thing.

Edit: At 100% DSC I pretty much have a grenade to thrown every respawn. Very rarely do I not.

Very helpful. Thanks!

According to dattos twitter, the current TDB legendaries are important enough for HoW that it will warrant a guide from him next week. My theory: Xur will sale old legendaries as well as the exotics now.

I finally got to Rumble rank 3. :D

I thought I already did before, but I wasn't fully paying attention and turns out it was a grimoire card for something else haha.

So, since I haven't played any PvP in over a month, I like the new ammo spawn system. I use my primary more because I have to, and I guess so do other players, so it makes it more fun. I'm less likely to get one-shot repeatedly. I still get killed by plenty of shotguns, but it seems that's never gonna change. :p Also Thorn. That shit is still everywhere. But, they have changed the DoT effect and it seems less visually impairing, so that's good.

Hawkmoon is still the shit.

Lag is still a menace.

Warlocks are still the worst. (Sorry Todd)

Pretty sure the stat caps are tied to your level, but I'm not 100% on that. From what I've read it's around ~275 at 32.

1 day, two weeks back into destiny, 5 Exotics. This is how you reward for coming back eh Destiny? Treat me well so I'll love you longer? I'll stick around for you. Until Splatoon comes out.

I hope he spelled it right because I just copied his spelling. :p

I'm supposed to fix a computer tonight. Are you on the quest or are you going to go hang out
with those weirdo neighbors

I actually just moved so, unfortunately, I don't have to (or is it "I don't get to") deal with those neighbors anymore.

I won't be on tonight as I have myself a little sushi date with a young lady who is currently unaware of my intentions to liquor her up and then show her my Golden Gun... giggity.

edit: yeah, I'm on the bad joke train today. It is what it is.

Mindlog

Should I buy the IB sniper?
The main advantage is being able to re-roll it and that will be common after HoW. It's still a very powerful sniper and being only chambered for 3 rounds means it's very easy to abuse Final Round with it.

I've had a lot of success using Final Round and Performance Bonus. Last Skirmish match I went 30-2. I highly recommend the Spear with Final Round for PvP.

LTWood12

Or VoG has had it's loot distro model redone to match that of Crota.

Certainly doesn't seem like that's the case. Oversoul Edict, Abyss Defiant, Word of Crota, & Fang of Ir Yut all seem to drop exponentially more than Praetorian Foil, Fatebringer, Praedyth's Timepiece, & Vex Mythoclast. I've done 5 VoG HM runs total in the last two weeks. That's 30 loot rolls for each boss. Saw zero Fatebringers drop, 1 Praetorian Foil, and 2 Praedyth's Timepieces. Maybe 3 or 4 Vexes.

Each of HM CE checkpoints it's pretty well guaranteed that someone in a full fireteam is getting a HM exclusive weapon, and usually it's multiple people on the team. I can't think of a time I was running w/ 6 and didn't see a HM only weapon drop at each checkpoint.

For some reason I keep only responding to Kor today.

M3Rocket

Since the shotty buff I think GK farming is the best bet even solo. You can reach ~max efficiency even with a group of 2 coordinated Guardians chaining orbs with Univ Remote + secondary shotty load out. The downtime between each EZone loop really kills it for me, not to mention you can't save a CP there. The only downside to GK is finding the CP which is easy here.

One loop is 592 glimmer for the 16 majors plus the beads and the engram breakdowns. Also gives (16*55) = 880 XP with NFall boost to all equipped armor. Each weapon that kills a major gets that 55 XP also. Great way to level new gear or exotics and even shotguns. Did several bubbles on my URemote that way.

Thanx for that--I need to try it with shotguns only. But honestly, I haven't done a glimmer run since the shotgun buff because I had little that was not already upgraded.

Totally agree that the "down" time with Exclusion Zone is so tedious. GK farming OTOH is so much fun when you have lots of peeps around and a few can goof off just trying silly things.

Edit: Aargh! Accidentally ToP. I've recommended this app before, but if you haven't already tried Tower Ghost (Chrome, Firefox, IOS, Android, Windows Phone), give it a spin. It is really easy to move stuff between all your Guardians without having to go to the tower:

uc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom