• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx for that--I need to try it with shotguns only. But honestly, I haven't done a glimmer run since the shotgun buff because I had little that was not already upgraded.

Totally agree that the "down" time with Exclusion Zone is so tedious. GK farming OTOH is so much fun when you have lots of peeps around and a few can goof off just trying silly things.

Okay, I've never actually done EZ farming. I thought it was just at the very beginning of the map, and you kill yourself before you kill the last Cabal and get the checkpoint. Is that not right?

M3Rocket

Okay, I've never actually done EZ farming. I thought it was just at the very beginning of the map, and you kill yourself before you kill the last Cabal and get the checkpoint. Is that not right?

Yeah--you spawn in and have to hoof it to the area on foot (no sparrow), then wait for dinklebot to open the door, then to open another door before the whole "experience" begins. And of course, the two doors are superfluous--they are just there so you can listen to dinklebot tell you about the 800-pound gorilla's that are the Cabal. You actually go in a U-turn inside the building and come right back out.

Ignore the first wave/ship and run past them towards the building on the right outside and you will see the 2nd ship spawn in. That ship will drop 8 majors (on Heroic) that you kill for the glimmer. Then you have to let the others kill you for the wipe--which can take a bit since you're a 32.

Frankly, it's boring and slow compared to GK farming. There, you just jump off to wipe.

According to one of my Grimoire cards; I've won 5847 Crucible matches, but I've only actually played 1387 (never mind won lol). I know I've played this game a lot, but pls.

When you do gatekeeper farming, are there more majors on hard or is it the same as normal? Just asking because I've never done it.
There are 16 Vex Majors on either Normal or Hard. They pay out the same XP and Glimmer.

I believe once you're Level 20, your super, grenade, and melee cooldown bonuses reach maximum efficiency (2x regular speed) at 271. I have a build for my Titan that is 272 Intellect and 263 Discipline so it's at 100% and 97%, respectively.

According to one of my Grimoire cards; I've won 5847 Crucible matches, but I've only actually played 1387 (never mind won lol). I know I've played this game a lot, but pls.

Maybe you get a card point for each person on your fireteam? I just leveled up my "Kills as a Titan in the Crucible" card as a Hunter when the Titan next to me broke out the Fist of Panic.

Any DGAF members trying to do mindless Skirmish matches, to practice for ToO and get the Skirmish grimoire. No mic needed, just going to reck plebs with my Hawkmoon.

Hooo boy those were some fun IB matches against a lot of very good teams. One match we were dominated by a full team who all had ~2945 Grimoire scores, but otherwise they were very competitive and exciting rounds. Pulled out some real clutch wins even though it was mostly non-Gaf friends by the end.

Atleast he didn't chase you off the platform, jump down with you, and smack you.

Crotas a big ball of fun sometimes!

Smacked while invis is a glitch that should never happen.

Chased off the platform is the sword person's fault for leaving too late and pulling his proximity-aggro. It's not actually Scrotastic behavior, it just looks funnier.

Well, last match of IB I had to play: "TheDarkOrchid found Silimar's Wrath"
Red Dot ORES-Cascade-Perfect Balance-Rangefinder as stats from RNG. Definitely keeping that as-is.

I can't believe I got all four weapons that were possible from this one. Got Jolder's from a drop, bought a Spear, and I'm about to go buy Timur's. Really went smooth this time as compared to last time.

When using Lightning grenades you really need to be aware of your geometry. .

I cannot remember the last time I used lightning grenades. I always thought they were garbage.

After watching Kor's video, clearly I'm an idiot.

A big +1 to everything Kor said but just wanted to add this for all grenades: remember your Guardian throws left handed.

This can be the difference between a perfect Double-Kill toss and blasting yourself in the face like a n00b. Need extra clearance if throwing around geometry on your left, don't need to poke your full head out if throwing past a wall/box/etc. on your right.

ocean

Banned
Hm, odd, but makes a lot of sense lol.
The Strikes card works that way, wouldn't be surprised if Crucible did too. As in, if you select a Strike directly from the map (doesn't work on Vanguard Playlist for some silly reason) and finish it with 2 other guardians, you'll get +3 Strike completions for Grimoire count.

jem0208

wEFMEtw.png

Finally starting to get the hang of the Crucible. PvP is fun, kinda wish there was a bit more variety in modes though. Different variations on slayer gets a bit samey. Also supers suck.

Thanks Kadey. #4evaCruxless

Daaamn sorry to hear it. I thought maybe I was your bad luck charm running sword, but apparently you are Crux-cursed.

Get in and then nobody wants to touch the Relic.

...and everyone's shooting the Oracles with 331 TDB vendor weapons because they think higher attack rating = better. And still keeping killed by Hobbies and Minotaur because they don't know Lv32 means jack with Destiny's light leveling system.

TheOddOne

...and everyone's shooting the Oracles with 331 TDB vendor weapons because they think higher attack rating = better. And still keeping killed by Hobbies and Minotaur because they don't know Lv32 means jack with Destiny's light leveling system.
Also pistols everywhere.

Unrelated:

datspawnt8y8u.gif

Dat spawn. Fix this, Bungle.

Namikaze1

Just woke up from a great nap. Going to the midnight release of AoU and then watching the first Avengers after coming back home an hour and a half after Age of Ultron finished to pass time till going for a second viewing early in the morning with the GF was a bad idea.

I feel like I'm supposed to be doing some Destiny related thing but I can't remember for the life of me.

What's the best roll for Timur's Lash?

Going for a PVP roll.

Looking for a good combination of these (if they are all options—not sure which are correct):

• Outlaw
• Crowd Control
• Send It
• Hammer Forged
• Final Round
• And obviously . . . Luck in the Chamber

milkham

Just woke up from a great nap. Going to the midnight release of AoU and then watching the first Avengers after coming back home an hour and a half after Age of Ultron finished to pass time till going for a second viewing early in the morning with the GF was a bad idea.

I feel like I'm supposed to be doing some Destiny related thing but I can't remember for the life of me.

save some time by watching this https://youtu.be/44ULfPTKF_s then play destiny
(spoiler alert for all marvel cinematic universe movies)

Armamentarium with Lightning Grenades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBHcpJxB-WU

I cannot remember the last time I used lightning grenades. I always thought they were garbage.

After watching Kor's video, clearly I'm an idiot.

I made another video. I might just do one of these for each of my favorite spots. I'd make a compilation, but I know fuck all about video editing.

This is Asylum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1JV-Vi0Tgp8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom