• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo how would I talk a friend into playing this game

....I mean it shouldn't be hard, except this is the early days of before they made everything better, and I would shit talk to him about Destiny so damn much. And now it's pretty damn fun. I mean it's always been fun, but now more so than not. How do I convince him that all the shittalking I made...is...now....obsolete?

MildSoss

Will field scout on a rocket launcher up the amount of how many you hold to 4 in Crucible? I rolled my Radegasts fury with grenades and horshoes plus field scout, should I keep it?

Proof that playing with GAFers makes you better. Obviously not trying to brag, because I'm not that good. Just happy that hard work is paying off a bit.

Will field scout on a rocket launcher up the amount of how many you hold to 4 in Crucible? I rolled my Radegasts fury with grenades and horshoes plus field scout, should I keep it?

I believe it gives 4 although I don't have a RF w FS myself. Definitely keep it either way; prox detonation is great for PvP.

Rehsa

If spot still open, PSN: GhostFaceDon

Agreed. I have a friend on who has never done ANY raid, I'm going to see if he wants in.

EDIT

He's in, spot for one more...

Cool :)

Three down, 3 to go for fresh NM CE :)

Going for the triple crown with my hunter.

Thanks for the run. Nothing but shards on both characters other than the Monte Carlo, but it seems Bungie activated Ruin Wings on my account. I had a shit ton of Heavy drop both times.

In case people didn't notice, Mr. Gc's very helpful and concise leveling guide was added to the OP.

Also, a bunch more useful websites were linked, like for Public Events, ghost hunting, Xur, LFG sites and the Chrome extension.

Cool! Never been in an OP before :D (I think...)

Glad people have found it helpful. I was making good on a "promise" to a fellow Xbone GAFer who recently picked up Destiny. We need all the users we can get.

Xbox One DestinyGAF B.net Clan This Way ---> https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/942747

We're currently at 46 members strong! More info in the second post of this thread.

GRIP

Apologies to those who like it but Hungry Scrota is not good. Cluster bombs are garbage.

It's the only piece of loot from CE that hasn't dropped for me.

And I know cluster bombs are pretty useless but it still is a legendary that comes with tracking which automatically puts it ahead of most other legendary RLs.

PS4 or xbone? Just spent 45 minutes not killing crota with an LFG party on xbone.

Hard mode? Either way, add me on Xbox: Mr Greencastle. I'll help get that done for ya if we can assemble a team.

edit: just realized you're actually on my list. Well I'm still down, either way. I'll be on for the next couple hours.

Playing with gaf usually makes me play like dogshit, though I'll probably be down for Iron Banner this weekend.

Wasn't playing with GAF people.

I don't play well with GAF people either, but I realized it's (at least partly) because everyone has a Grimoire score almost 1,000 higher than me and knows the maps infinitely better.

GhaleonEB

Apologies to those who like it but Hungry Scrota is not good. Cluster bombs are garbage.

It's a nice room clearer when there's arc burn active on the strikes. And the extra damage it does to the high level Hive is a great benefit when taking down wizards. It positively wreaks in this week's NF and Heroic.

Unrelated - is there a way to gift anything on PSN? I have a friend that is just firing up Destiny for the first time in a long while, and I'd love to get him the expansion since he doesn't have it. But it seems that's not possible.

shermas

Hard mode? Either way, add me on Xbox: Mr Greencastle. I'll help get that done for ya if we can assemble a team.

edit: just realized you're actually on my list. Well I'm still down, either way. I'll be on for the next couple hours.

Thanks for invite, but I'm off to bed.. I think I added you after the gorgon chest exchange earlier this week. I've got the CP, so I'll look to find a crew this weekend.

JonCha

Hey Destiny GAF

with the sale currently on PSN I feel like the value proposition is just about right for me to potentially buy this. I was reading a bit about House of Wolves and it seems like fans are excited about the potential of a new Firefight mode coming in, which interests me as someone who has played a lot of Halo.

My other question is is the PvP multiplayer a good experience over the medium term (as a game I'd like to jump back to from time to time after exhausting the PvP content)? Everything I've heard suggests PvE in this game is very much a grind.

Thanks.

Hey Destiny GAF

with the sale currently on PSN I feel like the value proposition is just about right for me to potentially buy this. I was reading a bit about House of Wolves and it seems like fans are excited about the potential of a new Firefight mode coming in, which interests me as someone who has played a lot of Halo.

My other question is is the PvP multiplayer a good experience over the medium term (as a game I'd like to jump back to from time to time after exhausting the PvP content)? Everything I've heard suggests PvE in this game is very much a grind.

Thanks.
The pvp seems to be VERY polarizing. I personally like it because it's so fucking outrageous and goofy. FPS games are not my forte, so I can't really tell you how legit and competitive this game is/can be. I just know that I have a lot of fun because it's incredibly stupid and there are many many options as far as your loadout goes. I don't think there's another game that let's you hold 30 fucking weapons at a time.

if you value fair and balanced gameplay, the PvP probably isn't for you. there are plenty of OHK abilities and death comes fast. there isn't much variety in the game modes, and searching solo will often pair you with teammates who don't seem to know what they're doing. it's also my opinion that the majority of the maps aren't very good.

on the other hand, if you like the gun game in destiny and the ability to kill many opponents in a flash while still being able to hold your own and play methodically, then the PvP will feel right at home. you can play however you want in the crucible. the balance of power shifts every month from one OP ability to the next and it lags like a mofo, so it's going to be frustrating. but those moments of bliss where you perform a cool maneuver or go on an intense streak to single handedly win the match for your team make it worthwhile, especially with a group of friends.

pro tip: don't play control

GhaleonEB

Hey Destiny GAF

Thanks.

Jumping in with House of Wolves will be good timing. The endgame for Destiny had two major, related issues: 1) not enough content to justify a long grind, and 2) a long grind. With the second expansion, the number of endgame activities is greatly expanded, in particular by adding to the variety on offer. Since launch, Bungie has knocked down the grind a great deal, but will knock it down a great deal more shortly before House of Wolves releases when the new leveling systems and options are live.

What makes the grind worthwhile is the game is really, really fun.

It's the only piece of loot from CE that hasn't dropped for me.

And I know cluster bombs are pretty useless but it still is a legendary that comes with tracking which automatically puts it ahead of most other legendary RLs.

Yeah Pokemon purposes are always good. Tracking is nice too especially for PvE but sometimes grenades and horseshoes is preferable for PvP since tracking can pull your rocket into a wall on all the small, tightly bunched maps.

I like HoC for running sword on HM CE so I can keep Red Death as an extra health source but even then I have to switch to GHorn for any teams that have DPS problems bringing down the Sword Bear or Ogres. The damage per rocket difference is huge.

It's a nice room clearer when there's arc burn active on the strikes. And the extra damage it does to the high level Hive is a great benefit when taking down wizards. It positively wreaks in this week's NF and Heroic.

Unrelated - is there a way to gift anything on PSN? I have a friend that is just firing up Destiny for the first time in a long while, and I'd love to get him the expansion since he doesn't have it. But it seems that's not possible.

HoC is Solar which is another strike against it because of GH overlap. Not sure what the Hive Disruptor adds but I'd recommend people save videos and add up hit markers to compare. Cluster bombs just don't work well, they flop to the ground directly below the detonation spot which adds little to no extra damage if the target moves.

I mean HoC is fine for people who don't have GH or just want to use something else. But there's nothing else in Destiny that comes close to what Wolfpack Rounds do. It's just a numerical fact, not based on opinion. BHam is the only thing that can come close or even beat its DPS ceiling under the huge caveat of bosses with highly repeatable crit spots. Of course lots of people play for fun and don't care about this silly min/max stuff, and that's a great way to play.

I believe you can at least send PSN gift cards for credit in the store? Not sure if you can directly send/buy a specific item or not.

Oh snaps page top. My new favorite Destiny pic:

GeMVWVT.jpg

Mark of the Unbroken from earlier this week:

5kKBRI1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom