• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
I'm moving tomorrow and the apartment I'll be renting is unfurnished. I got an internship I'm excited about in Private Banking but I won't have a TV for a few weeks.

I might miss the HoW for lack of a cheapo LCD - hold me GAF :(

GutZ31

Giving you some insight just from my perspective, I just recently got into playing this game a lot and am having a blast.

-SNIP-

One last thing I would like to really speak up about is the community here on GAF has just been awesome. I've found no shortage of players willing to offer advice and help out with just about anything. Being relatively new to the raids, I've never been turned away because of lack of experience, and when wipes do happen it's always been laughed off and everyone just moves on.

What you don't hear is the crying in our souls being reminded that we once failed and wiped just as hard when we first raided.

ocean

Banned
What you don't hear is the crying in our souls being reminded that we once failed and wiped just as hard when we first raided.
Heroic Conflux: two people dead? Yeah that's a wipe.

Heroic Crota: missed a sword? Yeah that's a wipe.

Oh, good times.

GutZ31

I'm moving tomorrow and the apartment I'll be renting is unfurnished. I got an internship I'm excited about in Private Banking but I won't have a TV for a few weeks.

If you are in the US, and have a little capital to spend, try dealnews.com

You can find some pretty good TV/displays for just under or over $100 if your lucky.

Everything is updated on a day to day bases by regular people finding these deals all over the place.

ocean

Banned
If you are in the US, and have a little capital to spend, try deal news.com

You can find some pretty good TV/displays for just under or over $100 if your lucky.

Everything is updated on a day to day bases by regular people finding these deals all over the place.
Thanks a lot man! Thing is, I'm in France and will be moving to a relatively small town (50k population) where I imagine the used TV scene isn't too active.

ocean

Banned
I'm in the gorgon maze and the exit is closed.

WTF?
You need at least 3 people to be there at some point for it to open up. It's a little different when you load a checkpoint but if for example you solo or two-man Templar and go to the maze it'll be closed, it's strange.

GutZ31

Thanks a lot man! Thing is, I'm in France and will be moving to a relatively small town (50k population) where I imagine the used TV scene isn't too active.

Ah, France. Don't know french well enough to find you a replacement site, but these arnt about used TVs, its about sales from stores that people post about, or factory refurbs at worst.

raindoc

You need at least 3 people to be there at some point for it to open up. It's a little different when you load a checkpoint but if for example you solo or two-man Templar and go to the maze it'll be closed, it's strange.
we're 6. fresh raid.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Thanks for the update Kartik.

Bungie added a cheaper shipping option for the Nepal tee. You can select the $15 shipping option now, don't have to pay $50 to ship it outside of the US.
Yeah, I asked Urk on Twitter. It's pretty amazing that they added a cheaper option so fast. <3 Bungie.

If anyone wants to do some IB, we have 3 spots open.
Help my Titan get from rank 0 to 4 :)

PSN: EJRobinson90

Edit:
2 spots open.
Got the Iron Wrath bounty with a 5 killstreak + assists :')

we're 6. fresh raid.

All 6 need to be in the maze area and the darkness zone has to appear.

If even one player is not, the checkpoint won't save, the doors and chests will remain locked.

Try a team wipe, if everyone dies but the game gives you the revive option, you don't have the checkpoint.

Cheap LED monitors 19-22" go from $100-120 almost everywhere. Try amazon.

Yeah, I asked Urk on Twitter. It's pretty amazing that they added a cheaper option so fast. <3 Bungie.

Yeah good on them.

Lucky if you do not get the border taxes. Add 20-30% over it.

Nope, no taxes.

ocean

Banned
Is 30 a high enough level to do a nightfall? And on a related note if it is would anybody like to help me do my first? My Ps4 tag is TheMostHumanAI
Yes, at level 30 you won't suffer any penalties. Being 31 or 32 would offer a nigh-insignificant advantage (higher Defense stat).

That said, this week's is rather tough to solo so I'd suggest you try to get at least one person to help out. Pack your best weapons and enjoy this all-burn week :)

Yes, at level 30 you won't suffer any penalties. Being 31 or 32 would offer a nigh-insignificant advantage (higher Defense stat).

That said, this week's is rather tough to solo so I'd suggest you try to get at least one person to help out. Pack your best weapons and enjoy this all-burn week :)

Thanks.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Did my final NF and this happened...

After IB, I'm taking a break until HoW comes out.

ocean

Banned
Resources will finally be rather scarce with everyone rerolling all the HoW weapons.

It will feel like a hobo tower in a matter of days.
There's fewer upgrade bubbles on each weapon and they'll cost 4 planetary mats a piece. I think we'll have more than ever now :p

Motes will be scarce though.

Deku Tree

I am trying to decide if I should buy a lot of exotic shards from Xur before HoW drops.

I have over 450 strange coins. I have 43 exotic shards. And I have all 49 current exotics.
Plus I have three max ghorns, and three max IceBreakers, and two more saved ghorns, and an extra Hawkmoon for storage purposes...

I believe that Bungie has some surprises up their sleeves regarding Xurs inventory,
and I am not 100% sure if something happening to exotic shards is one of them.

GutZ31

There's fewer upgrade bubbles on each weapon and they'll cost 4 planetary mats a piece. I think we'll have more than ever now :p

Motes will be scarce though.

"Resources" was the word I used because I was too lazy to write "Glimmer, Motes of Light, Exotic Shards, Etheric Light, ect."

Sorry for the confusion.

Deku Tree

Ok so planet Destiny says in their latest video that ascending and old fully Un-upgraded exotic weapon takes it to 334 attack, and then you still need to unlock all of its power upgrades to get to 365 attack. Similar for Exotic Armor.

No confirmation on whether the final power upgrade will still cost an exotic shard. Probably safe to assume that it will. So it costs two exotic shards to upgrade a pre-HoW exotic I guess.

Probably cheaper to buy a new HoW exotic for strange coins if you can find it, than to upgrade a stored unupgraded exotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom