• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

DeeJ_BNG on Reddit said:
So as not to be accused of posting only in the praising threads, I'm going to thank you for the thoughtful debate on this topic. I'm sure the Bungie team has seen the conversation. Have I mentioned they read this sub? Like, a lot? We'll let them mull this over and make decisions on the future of social tools in Destiny.
If I can take off my CM hat for a second and talk to you as a fellow player, I'd compel you to use the rich resources that this community has provided. Make connections with like-minded individuals who will go the distance with you in our most challenging activities. My path as a community leader started in Halo 2, where matchmaking introduced me to people I never played with again - people who rarely even stuck it out to the end of a match (yes, yes, I know).
In my experience, when it comes to building good teams in games, community-driven social networks have been far more effective than mathematical equations rooted in software. This subreddit is a fine example of amazing interaction outside the game. There are easily a dozen Trials Fireteams in the comments I've read in this thread alone.
That's my bias as a player, of course. I do what I do because I love your solutions to the challenges we throw at you. The Sherpa is my MVP. Matchmaking has put warm bodies on my team when I've needed it. A friendly wave in the Tower has resulted in a serendipitous Strike or two - even a Raid, on a self dare. My finest moments in any game for the past ten years have been with the friends I have sought out deliberately. Please don't interpret this as an argument. It's my personal opinion as a Guardian.
To circle back to the opening point, the team knows your wishes. We'll see what the future holds.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...nif_bungie_insists_on_pre_made_groups/cqu3x8m

Yeah after hearing these comments by Deej and the comments of the Trials of Osirus designer at the reveal last week, now any expectation that I had for MM in PoE is gone. I don't expect it at all. I would be surprised if it was in there now... I'm thinking no MM for end game activities in Destiny with HoW.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...nif_bungie_insists_on_pre_made_groups/cqu3x8m

Yeah after hearing these comments by Deej and the comments of the Trials of Osirus designer at the reveal last week, now any expectation that I had for MM in PoE is gone. I don't expect it at all. I would be surprised if it was in there now... I'm thinking no MM for end game activities in Destiny with HoW.

Yep. Highly doubt it. But at this point we have no idea really what PoE is like and how it aligns with a Raid in terms of difficulty or length so I'm on the wait and see bandwagon.

I fully expect them to have an in-game LFG tool eventually, though. Probably not with HoW, but eventually. His comment makes me believe that they're working on it. I think that that was their whole idea with the Tower, but we all know it didn't turn out that way. Still, I think they're working on something,. In the mean time, I'm perfectly ok with using GAF, LFG, and reddit.

Yeah, it's the machine gun.

I missed out on getting it last IB and kind of regret not grinding for it.

I got to rank 4 last IB, at the end of the weekend, and I didn't feel like grinding glimmer(I had gotten boots, they got me to 31 and helped me for a long time) and grinding that last rank. Maybe I should have, but yeah, I'm kinda with you that I regret not grinding lol.

Alucrid

Banned
these crucible changes are bad. lack of special ammo with long respawn times, heavy ammo counters are always there so people just stand by them...

JonCha

Thanks for the generous replies everyone. I think I'm going to step in over the weekend and play a little bit. It's encouraging to hear that Bungie is making efforts to alleviate the grind as from all of the impressions I read and heard his seemed to be very, very frustrating.

patchday

these crucible changes are bad. lack of special ammo with long respawn times, heavy ammo counters are always there so people just stand by them...

The invective shotgun must be really bad. Never see anyone talk bout using it even tho it auto-refills

I have an invective but was too lazy to level it up

* btw I like the changes since now that ev1 knows when heavy arrives they get there earlier and its a big fight over it

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
There's something about my Titan in IB. Got my Warlock/Hunter to rank 4 this morning. My Titan is having a hard time. I keep getting team mates who are 29/30 with no emblems/shaders. I know I'm doomed when I'm the one holding the flag pregame.

All shotguns are bad when compared to a hammer forged/shot package Fel Winter's Lie.

Is the Auto Rifle Xur is selling any good?

Hard Light is one of the best high RoF low impact AR, however that's not really saying much anymore. It was decent before the AR nerf, now it's pretty meh. Pve I wouldn't touch it and in pvp is does alright but you'll be put at a disadvantage. It's a shame because I really like the aesthetic of it and the rounds it fires are so unique.

jiiikoo

Banned
Hard Light is one of the best high RoF low impact AR, however that's not really saying much anymore. It was decent before the AR nerf, now it's pretty meh. Pve I wouldn't touch it and in pvp is does alright but you'll be put at a disadvantage. It's a shame because I really like the aesthetic of it and the rounds it fires are so unique.

Thanks everyone. Guess I'm saving dem moneyz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom