• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

Xboners - running a nightfall. First two that message my gamertag get an invite

GT: willow ve

spoiler alert - this is my 3rd toon, a hunter, so I might die

JayHayabusa

What are the advantages getting to Iron Banner Level 5?
Currently level 3. Enjoying my time in PVP. Does it affect Etheric Light drops in HoW? Not interested in the hand cannon unless it is essential!

What are the advantages getting to Iron Banner Level 5?
Currently level 3. Enjoying my time in PVP. Does it affect Etheric Light drops in HoW? Not interested in the hand cannon unless it is essential!

If you're not interested in the hc then there's no point going to rank five. However, if the rank glitch still works for IB next time around then it could be worth doing.

Lnkn52

2x VoG HM with Gaffers: 1 Hour

1 Vog HM with Random: 2 Hours

I got a Praetorian Foil from the last run, so at least the stress was worth it.

MickeyPhree

Playing with lfg players is so annoying.

Thanks lnkn for the invite.

I ran sword for a group of LFGers yesterday. In five attempts to down crota, I didn't get to swing the sword once. After the fifth failure, I got the hell out. Complete waste of time.

Mindlog

If you're not interested in the hc then there's no point going to rank five. However, if the rank glitch still works for IB next time around then it could be worth doing.
How does that work now?
Do you have to idle from reset to 10AM?

Will remote play do the trick?
So many questions.

firehawk's view of that Canadian lag ]

Holy shit this was amazing. Unknown reasons!!! I like how you edited the post from unknown lag to Canadian lag, lol. The real source of your problems was doing the heavy ammo glitch though.

It was really interesting how Unknowns position was decoupled from the arena and would only reset when he was attacking Scrota. You could tell he was jumping and shooting rockets at the second Ogre from the Boomer tower even though Firehawks view showed him standing in the middle of the platform. Then he would immediately teleport next to Scrota when doing sword damage.

Another indicator of how Scrota information is stored in a shared server-side instance so everyone saw a similar thing but Unknowns peer to peer hosting was so laggy for everyone else that they saw complete nonsense of him from their perspective. Interesting stuff.

Sounds fun.... tonight i finally got my Fatebringer! Sadly the lfg team i was with didnt let me have five freaking seconds to be happy before they all started with the salty "100 runs nothing" comments and "its just a game man" crap.Wasnt till i got off that i actually checked it out and smiled at the fact that out of 10 other people tonight i was the only lucky one to get it.I like to congratulate people when they get something theyve been wanting it actually killed my vibe cause instead of enjoying the moment i was made to feel guilty.

Ugh I hate this stuff so much, such a garbage attitude to have for this game. I can't believe people would have such sour grapes about something that doesn't affect their game or life negatively whatsoever. This is the stuff the bothers me about the general preoccupation with "da loots," creates a selfish mindset.

My view of loot is always neutral or positive: nothing good dropped = neutral. Cool or funny drop for anyone = positive. Celebrate when something fun happens and laugh when we get screwed by RNGsus again.

Drizzay can I get Normal DS checkpoint ?

Sorry dude, still out of town for another ~30 hours or so.

Bleh, only 5 re-rolls left and I currently have a Timur's Lash with Spray and Play, High Calibur/Flared Magwell/Field Scout, and Who's Next...Is that decent for PVE or should I risk rerolling?

Hit Rank 5. Wow, what a ride! Thanks so much to everyone from GAF for carrying a newb through his first Iron Banner. Special thanks to Robinson and Grimlock—seemed to always win with you guys and learned a ton about how to properly use exotic hand cannons!

In some ways, I was just doing this to get Timur's Lash. Now I have two. Just in case anyone cares, here are the rolls think I am keeping. Both are for PVP primarily:

1. One has Hip Fire, Third Eye, and Field Scout. Basically, it's my Last Word/Mida version of Timur's. Excited to try hip-firing with it after all my practice with TLW and sniping without worrying about no radar when I ADS. Obviously, I know that most people think it's an awful roll, but to me, it will be a ton of fun in Crucible.

2. Second might be perfect for the type of player I am. I'm not so good that I am worried about going on huge kill streaks with this hard to use weapon, so Outlaw, Crowd Control, etc. aren't what I was looking for. What I did get was: Clown Cartridge (which makes up for no Field Scout I hope) with Steadyhand sight, and a near-perfect selection for second column: Perfect Balance, Flared Magwell, & Send It, so I can chose stability, reload, or range, depending on the map. Oh, and it has Luck in the Chamber.

Sullichin

Hit Rank 5. Wow, what a ride! Thanks so much to everyone from GAF for carrying a newb through his first Iron Banner. Special thanks to Robinson and Grimlock—seemed to always win with you guys and learned a ton about how to properly use exotic hand cannons!

In some ways, I was just doing this to get Timur's Lash. Now I have two. Just in case anyone cares, here are the rolls think I am keeping. Both are for PVP primarily:

1. One has Hip Fire, Third Eye, and Field Scout. Basically, it's my Last Word/Mida version of Timur's. Excited to try hip-firing with it after all my practice with TLW and sniping without worrying about no radar when I ADS. Obviously, I know that most people think it's an awful roll, but to me, it will be a ton of fun in Crucible.

2. Second might be perfect for the type of player I am. I'm not so good that I am worried about going on huge kill streaks with this hard to use weapon, so Outlaw, Crowd Control, etc. aren't what I was looking for. What I did get was: Clown Cartridge (which makes up for no Field Scout I hope) with Steadyhand sight, and a near-perfect selection for second column: Perfect Balance, Flared Magwell, & Send It, so I can chose stability, reload, or range, depending on the map. Oh, and it has Luck in the Chamber.

Timur's Lash was my first maxed 300 legendary weapon, before you could reroll them. It had hip fire and third eye like your first one (but no field scout) and I really liked it. I used it a lot, although I'm not sure how much better the hip fire actually is. With field scout that's a pretty good roll. You can definitely do a lot worse. For the second, Clown Cartridge is nice if you already have Field Scout (max of 16 bullets when it procs!), without it, it's a nice bonus but you can't really rely on it. PB/Send It are great choices in lieu of Field Scout. And Luck in the Chamber is actually better with only 7 shots, so that's good

A_Gorilla

Banned
I feel like you should get another bonus exp/reputation for any IB weapons you have equipped, like 5% for Primary/Special and 10% for heavy. Anyone else agree?

PTgAzii.jpg

Slowly getting there. Thunderlord still eluding me, as is Universal Remote. Nechrochasm is lol.

Warlock booties refusing to drop, still gonna try and get them for that sweet sweet extra heavy ammo.

Crota also refuses to yield his Word. No matter.

Pretty good week all in all. Patience and Time + Plan C, two exotics I didn't own yet. Nice change of pace from the endless stream of Hard Light.

Sullichin

I feel like you should get another bonus exp/reputation for any IB weapons you have equipped, like 5% for Primary/Special and 10% for heavy. Anyone else agree?
I like this idea. Most people seem to use Feltwinter's/ Jolder's Hammer already anyway. It would probably make me use Timur's Lash over TLW though.

123rl

PTgAzii.jpg

Slowly getting there. Thunderlord still eluding me, as is Universal Remote. Nechrochasm is lol.

Warlock booties refusing to drop, still gonna try and get them for that sweet sweet extra heavy ammo.

Crota also refuses to yield his Word. No matter.

Pretty good week all in all. Patience and Time + Plan C, two exotics I didn't own yet. Nice change of pace from the endless stream of Hard Light.
Very nice. Sorry I couldn't join tonight. Unexpected plans changing at the last minute, sigh.

kill 15 guardians with hand cannon crucible bounty

is that new? i don't remember seeing it before

worth 5k too

also kill 15 with fusion rifle.. no more ridiculous fusion rifle spree?

also shotgun! this is awesome

Sullichin

kill 15 guardians with hand cannon crucible bounty

is that new? i don't remember seeing it before

worth 5k too
It replaced the much harder bounty by the same name, where you had to get 10 Dead Man's Hand Medals.

So it went from 10 sets of 3 headshots in one life, to just 15 headshots. Much easier.

Do exotic weapons/armor drop from just playing random missions? I'm level 19 and never saw one, but I've only done story mode so far

Missions, no. They can drop from ROC Strikes, Crucible matches, Nightfalls and Raids. Not sure about weeklies.

You'll start seeing Exotics once you hit level 20+. Once you're able to do weeklies and buy coins you'll be able to buy some from Xur when he shows up during the weekend.

I've never seen it happen from a mission. I've seen Exotics drop from ROC Strikes, but they are incredibly rare.

Missions, no. They can drop from ROC Strikes, Crucible matches, Nightfalls and Raids. Not sure about weeklies.

You'll start seeing Exotics once you hit level 20+. Once you're able to do weeklies and buy coins you'll be able to buy some from Xur when he shows up during the weekend.

Got it. Thanks

In some ways, I was just doing this to get Timur's Lash. Now I have two. Just in case anyone cares, here are the rolls think I am keeping.

Glad to hear you had fun. I know a lot ppl don't like PvP for various reasons but running with a good group makes a huge difference.

It replaced the much harder bounty by the same name, where you had to get 10 Dead Man's Hand Medals.

So it went from 10 sets of 3 headshots in one life, to just 15 headshots. Much easier.

Just 15 kills, not even headshots. Very easy bounty now, definitely a smart change since nobody did those spree bounties before.

It goes by highest level, then Grimoire. I don't know how true the Grimoire part is though. There have been times when I had the flag and people on my team have higher Grimoire.

It's definitely highest level but I don't think grimoire matters since there are plenty of times the flag holder will change between rounds in the same group, amongst people who are the same level but different Grim scores.

Timur's Lash was my first maxed 300 legendary weapon, before you could reroll them. It had hip fire and third eye like your first one (but no field scout) and I really liked it. I used it a lot, although I'm not sure how much better the hip fire actually is. With field scout that's a pretty good roll. You can definitely do a lot worse. For the second, Clown Cartridge is nice if you already have Field Scout (max of 16 bullets when it procs!), without it, it's a nice bonus but you can't really rely on it. PB/Send It are great choices in lieu of Field Scout. And Luck in the Chamber is actually better with only 7 shots, so that's good

Thanks for the input. Glad there's another Timur's lover out there!

Glad to hear you had fun. I know a lot ppl don't like PvP for various reasons but running with a good group makes a huge difference.

I feel like it was that afternoon where we two-manned that I really started to figure Destiny PVP out.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Done grinding IB for today. All 3 characters are about halfway to 4 which shouldn't be hard to get 2-3 bounties and a win or two to get to 4 tomorrow.

Gonna go take a nap and prepare for this boxing fight tonight.

Mindlog

First IB in months or so. Level 1 in a handful of sessions!

I did very well, but ran into my first warning sign. I hit 10 MG headshots in two or three games, but my TLW headshot kills are lagging way behind where they should be. Does anyone run a really high % of Crit kills for TLW?

123rl

I finally got my Invective because today's IB players were just truly bad. You need to get 25 more kills/assists than deaths in the Crucible. I managed to do that in just three games. I consider myself shit at PvP yet I was dominating

Yeah after hearing these comments by Deej and the comments of the Trials of Osirus designer at the reveal last week, now any expectation that I had for MM in PoE is gone. I don't expect it at all. I would be surprised if it was in there now... I'm thinking no MM for end game activities in Destiny with HoW.

If PoE doesn't have MM, I will dismantle 6 Hawkmoons with video proof. You heard it here first people.

Between so many of the true elders from the Alpha and Beta giving up or just moving on, and the constant influx of kinderguardians...I think of this community as much more than just elders.

Yeah this is my feeling too. Not into the PoE title for several reasons, plus it's just the exact name of the activity with a slight double meaning. I know we can do better. Fbringer 24-7-365 is already a better option imo.

As far as gaming goes, I think I'm seriously in for a good vacation. Thanks to everyone for the hard fought raids and joining up with me to get some serious loot.

Damn, sorry to hear that but sounds like you are making the right decision for yourself. Sometimes gaming is a fun, healthy part of a person's life and sometimes the interest and motivation just aren't there. I've gone through phases where I barely gamed for months or even years. If you ever get back into it, stop by and say hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom