• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifEndz

Just hit rank five with my hunter. Bought the sniper rifle and timurs lash and I'm broke. Going to try and get my warlock to level 3 so I can buy the chest armor (I'm tired of wearing Crota armor). Spent most of my motes, but I'm happy with my rolls.

Timur:
Clown Cart, Flared Magwell, Crowd control

Efrideet's:
Spray and Play, field scout, clown cart

Plan on jumping back on in 2 hours. If you want to do iron banner, feel free to add me. Psn: Lifendz

Magik

What would be the ideal perk roll for Efrideet's Spear?

My very first roll got me:
- Arc
- Spray and Pray
- Field Scout
- Final Shot (or whatever its called)

I feel like its a really good roll for PvP but I'm not sure what other combinations people are running with. Have the urge to get a second Efrideet's that's more geared towards PvE

First IB in months or so. Level 1 in a handful of sessions!

I did very well, but ran into my first warning sign. I hit 10 MG headshots in two or three games, but my TLW headshot kills are lagging way behind where they should be. Does anyone run a really high % of Crit kills for TLW?

Zoba did. Just make sure you're running aggressive ballistics for potential 2 headshot kills when the bonus damage procs (111 crit). Even so, TLW is not as much about headshots to me as Thorn and HMoon. I wouldn't stress too much as long as you are still winning the typical mid-close range 1v1 battles.

Magik

Anyone doing any part of Crota's End? I have done none of it on any of my 3 this week.

I'm looking to do a full run on HM CE for all 3 of my characters.

If we can get a group together in the next hour or so I'm down to party up for it. Heck, just doing the abyss + Bridge I would be fine with.

- Arc
- Spray and Pray
- Field Scout

I feel like its a really good roll for PvP but I'm not sure what other combinations people are running with. Have the urge to get a second Efrideet's that's more geared towards PvE

Definitely keep that roll, really good for PvE and PvP. What else is in the middle column? Final Round gives 33% bonus damage so it's fantastic for PvE, especially arc burns where it'll wreck faces. Special ammo nerfs in Crucible definitely hurt FR cheesing (for the best) but it's still good there. Unflinching is nice for PvP in place of SaP but not critical. Armor Piercing in the middle column used to be incredible for PvP but that was also nerfed into the ground.

You could get a second one with Void for PvE (assuming you have BHam for Solar) + Unflinching for PvP but otherwise you're in good shape.

Mindlog

Zoba did. Just make sure you're running aggressive ballistics for potential 2 headshot kills when the bonus damage procs (111 crit). Even so, TLW is not as much about headshots to me as Thorn and HMoon. I wouldn't stress too much as long as you are still winning the typical mid-close range 1v1 battles.
I'm winning most of them, but I don't want to pick up bad habits for when I'm facing much tougher opponents.

Then again getting so many kills with my Final Round Spear may qualify as a bad habit. Just can't resist using it over and over. Almost as fun as the old wall hack kills. Really happy I kept performance bonus to go with my Spear. Special Ammo may end up as important as heavy.

Magik

Definitely keep that roll, really good for PvE and PvP. What else is in the middle column? Final Round gives 33% bonus damage so it's fantastic for PvE, especially arc burns where it'll wreck faces. Special ammo nerfs in Crucible definitely hurt FR cheesing (for the best) but it's still good there. Unflinching is nice for PvP in place of SaP but not critical. Armor Piercing in the middle column used to be incredible for PvP but that was also nerfed into the ground.

You could get a second one with Void for PvE (assuming you have BHam for Solar) + Unflinching for PvP but otherwise you're in good shape.

Middle column was HIgh-Caliber rounds and Perfect Balance.

Looking at the perks it seems my ideal rolls for a PvE based spear would be a combination of:
1) Rodeo, Performance Bonus, Surplus (leaning towards Performance Bonus or Surplus)
2) Field Scout (No other choice but this since the mag is really lower)
3) Firefly, Outlaw (leaning towards Firefly since the reload is pretty good to begin with and I can easily increase the reload through armor perks)

I think I might actually go for another Arc based spear since Praedtyh's will get the damage buff for HoW.

Thanks for the input.

black stig

Neo Member
Yep, thinking about re-rolling my Void spear for an Arc with field scout. With VoG weapons getting upgrades I don't really need another Void sniper.

- Arc
- Spray and Pray
- Field Scout

Personally, I run
-Tacsys SLS15 (Would prefer Ambush but I'm not made of Motes)
-Performance Bonus
-Armor Piercing Rounds
-Final Round

This build, while really hurt from the APR nerf, is still really good. With Efrideet's incredibly high impact stat, Final Round will kill in one shot no matter where it hits, so the goal for PvP is to get that as much as possible. Field Scout, while good for PvE with the really low base ammo, is not preferred here for that reason. APR can still shoot through some walls as well, which is really nice on maps with gratings or windows like Blind Watch and Twilight Gap. Performance Bonus is there so I have a chance to get another Final Round shot for maximum hilarity.

As for yours? Keep it. That's a sniper balanced for both PvE and PvP instead of this incredibly gimmicky build made to emulate the Binary Rifle from Halo 4.

nOoblet16

Can anyone explain to me when is it that the TLW damage perk glitch kicks in. I understand that it's suppose to be a boost for hip fire but it works with aiming due to a glitch but I do not understand how it works. (It's not based on the immediacy of the shot from the time of aim so as to confuse the game because I've seen it work even when I have continuously aimed and fired and see it work on the 4th or 5th shot)

Also anyone for HM Atheon? I also need to do 3x Deathsinger so we can run up to DS on normal if we can't find a checkpoint. Say aye if you want in.

ocean

Banned
Wait some people actually expect PoE to have matchmaking? That's crazy talk, I mean I wouldn't mind but I see absolutely no indication that'll be the case.

I mean Nightfall doesn't for pete's sake, and PoE is our Raid-tier activity. I'd place chances of MM at nill/none.

Drizz hang on to a Hawkmoon!

Hit Rank 5. Wow, what a ride! Thanks so much to everyone from GAF for carrying a newb through his first Iron Banner. Special thanks to Robinson and Grimlock—seemed to always win with you guys and learned a ton about how to properly use exotic hand cannons!

Glad to hear you had fun. I know a lot ppl don't like PvP for various reasons but running with a good group makes a huge difference.

Always fun playing with you guys! We have seen you grow over the week, but as you already said, you're going to notice the difference when you play normal crucible by yourself.

GG to tonight's team: Gunawi, CthulhuSars, WheelHoss, Blazeuk and also a couple of my non-GAF friends who joined our sessions.
Had a lot of fun, ranging from a really nice comeback and win by 50 points to destroying laggy teams on Twilight Gap and Anomaly.

Wait, someone was just at the bounty robot and their weapon made a noise and kind of flashed. Did that mean it upgraded? Is this new?

always so suspicious
yeah, some piece of their gear leveled up.

Always fun playing with you guys! We have seen you grow over the week, but as you already said, you're going to notice the difference when you play normal crucible by yourself.

GG to tonight's team: Gunawi, CthulhuSars, WheelHoss, Blazeuk and also a couple of my non-GAF friends who joined our sessions.
Had a lot of fun, ranging from a really nice comeback and win by 50 points to destroying laggy teams on Twilight Gap and Anomaly.
are any of you guys running later on? i figure you're not, EJ, with your timezone and whatnot. I'm still acquiring movement & target acquisition skills and could use some guidance from some PvP pro's. :)
i won't even care if you steal another G'horn from me, 1 is enough for now :D

are any of you guys running later on? i figure you're not EJ, with your timezone and whatnot. I'm still acquiring movement & target acquisition skills and could use some guidance from some PvP pro's. :)
i won't even care if you steal another G'horn from me, 1 is enough for now :D

Yeah it's getting a bit late for me. I'm not a PvP pro by a long shot, but would've loved to
steal a Gjallarhorn
play with you some time.
I'm sure one of these guys are running it later on and they share the same knowledge :)

Rolled with my Titan today using the Armamentarium and got so many kills with Lightning Grenades.
That guide that Kor of Memory (I think) posted was really helpful, I have been using them all wrong.

TheOddOne

Maybe a white nail.

Wait.
Is+it+just+me+or+he+looks+like+robert+de+_7e096dba543f533f3fcdd2318eb1aa99.jpg

By the way, if anyone is mad about not having a Fellwinter's and getting sniped across the solar system with one, you might want to check the various rare shotguns that drop in Crucible.

Not saying Bronzed Chasma ESC, with the right perks, can reach the same range and impact or anything. Definitely not.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hard Crota x3 anyone?

Also I'm in the mood to carry low levels in anything.

Mayweather is going to beast tonight.

shermas

I'm pretty excited we can level up non-raid gear with the next expansion... the CE armor is, for the most part, filled with perks that do zip for you.

I will grind, grind, grind to level up purple/non-raid gear to get it 34, just to have a different look and some perks that actually help during strikes and NF activities.

I think it's great you can hit 32 with the IB gear, too... I just don't care much for the pvp part of the game.

nOoblet16

We can't get a full group now but if you are up to it we can at least get up to Crota. Just bring a warlock or someone to snipe from bridge section while I get over there with my Titan.

I just need to do Deathsinger, considering no one wants to run NM DS right now I'd like to join so that I can atleast get it done once even if it's on HM.

Lima

I'm pretty excited we can level up non-raid gear with the next expansion... the CE armor is, for the most part, filled with perks that do zip for you.

I will grind, grind, grind to level up purple/non-raid gear to get it 34, just to have a different look and some perks that actually help during strikes and NF activities.

I think it's great you can hit 32 with the IB gear, too... I just don't care much for the pvp part of the game.

Once HoW comes out and I have enough Etheric light the only raid pieces I will still wear are the boots for more heavy ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom