• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Good morning dgaf! Just wanted to say hello :)

Anxious to hear about more HoW details on the 22nd. They will be discussing leveling legendary weapons and exotics yes? :D

Lnkn52

I love it. GHorn rockets FTW again and again.

Finally some other burns besides Arc!

Good morning dgaf! Just wanted to say hello :)

Anxious to hear about more HoW details on the 22nd. They will be discussing leveling legendary weapons and exotics yes? :D

If they hold true to their words, then yes. I hope the vendors at the Reef brings more customization to the game, especially if that includes different sparrows, etc.

Omni

Weekly and NFs for the next 2 weeks:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...poilersga_nightfall_and_weekly_strike_042115/

This week:
Weekly:
Archon - Void burn
Nightfall:
Archon - Triple burn

Next week:
Weekly:
Omnigul - Solar burn
Nightfall:
Omnigul - Triple burn

Wow.

For a second there I thought it was going to be void burn nightfall this week. Which is a drag. But that's good. Nice and easy

I do wish that they'd make the weekly heroic a different strike to the nightfall though. It's very tedious as is.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
This weekend my Grandson was given the Green Light to play Halo by his mom...almost 8. He saw a bit of me playing it about a year ago and just loved it. So this weekend I fired up the old 360 and put Halo Reach in thinking he would get frustrated and not even make it to the second point....we beat the game (yea on easy) and he was thrilled with the whole game....the look, the story, the game play, able to drive different stuff and use about everything he could grab....

Why mention Halo in a Destiny thread? Because Halo Reach might not have the great looks, details, updated graphics of destiny...but it did have better gameplay and a good story...a solid game in campaign, SP, co-op and even MP that lasted a long time....

After we played I asked him about it and he went down the same list as above.....The thing with Halo and Destiny is......

With Halo it was about Gameplay and using whatever you wanted, needed or just to try foremost....

With Destiny it's now about "Collecting" guns and stuff through Gameplay......

....and there is the crutch of Destiny.

TheOddOne

In hindsight, there's so many seeds of Destiny stuff already hidden in Halo: Reach, it's pretty crazy.
:(

Reach_LnoS_Sabre.jpg

Congrats on the flawless guys!

Sorry again I had to dip out last minute before we started. Family stuff came up. I was really looking forward to that flawless trophy but next time.

No worries. Actually just look any of us up. I highly doubt that we wouldn't help out again.

Gotta pay it forward and all.

Yeah it's awesome. Highest impact fusion rifle in the game (97) with excellent perks like Accelerated Coils. The Glass Half Full perk with Reactive Reload is a great combo since you can do more damage towards the bottom of the mag which ensures you'll have killed something before you need to reload which then makes the top half of the mag do more damage also.

Incredible Oracle-killer during Atheon (although Found Verdict is still the true min/max champ) and a blast to use during VoG in general. Assuming HoW upgrades it to 365 it'll be my go-to PvE fusion again. Just a shame that so few people have it/had it before TDB boosted the Attack ceiling.
yeah, Phenom told me how rare it was after i got it
and i told him i was gonna shard it
. I got it before I got my only Fatebringer, and even before I got my first Vex... RNG treats me strangely... *sigh*

Shito

Oh, I hope the leak for this week's NF is true!
That's the one that gave me my Horn, so it holds a special place in my heart now. :3

Impala26

Don't phunk with my heart Odd One...

There's seriously no reason Bungie couldn't pull off a similar thing with Destiny. The similarities between the Halo Reach Sabre and the Destiny jumpships are uncanny. Plus it would make choosing between certain ships all the more interesting if they had different battle stats (speed, boost, armor, shielding, weapon type/strength, etc.)

Imagine how fun an cool a "Defend the Reef" space combat mission would be...

Deku Tree

I want to replace the Dinklebot in my Avatar with some HoW related Destiny graphic?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I need some cool image from HoW with a clear background.

Kal_El

I'm at the point now where i'm forcing myself to play so that i'm ready for HoW. Mid April would've been the perfect time to release the expansion. With Witcher 3 coming out i'll have to pick between those two and bloodborne and mlb.

ASSUMING: it's ready when would've been the right time to release the DLC?

Homeboyd

Weekly and NFs for the next 2 weeks:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...poilersga_nightfall_and_weekly_strike_042115/

This week:
Weekly:
Archon - Void burn
Nightfall:
Archon - Triple burn

Next week:
Weekly:
Omnigul - Solar burn
Nightfall:
Omnigul - Triple burn

Wow.

Edit: changed? https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...egarding_nightfall_this_week/?sort=confidence
As defyler pointed out in the xbone clan, it appears the patch changed this (the posts above were pre patch). Same NF, but different burn:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...egarding_nightfall_this_week/?sort=confidence

Archon - Solar
Not sure about weekly.

nOoblet16

I'm at the point now where i'm forcing myself to play so that i'm ready for HoW. Mid April would've been the perfect time to release the expansion. With Witcher 3 coming out i'll have to pick between those two and bloodborne and mlb.

ASSUMING: it's ready when would've been the right time to release the DLC?

Best would've been April end-May start with a raid, so that we play it until early-mid September when comet comes out. Gives you an even amount of spacing between all DLCs and future sequel releases.

Started locking my stuff even though dismantling stuff i wanted to keep was never an issue for me. It's nice to give them the little icon to know they're safe, though.

This also gives me hope for loadouts.

E92 M3

Started locking my stuff even though dismantling stuff i wanted to keep was never an issue for me. It's nice to give them the little icon to know they're safe, though.

This also gives me hope for loadouts.

I locked everything the day it launched. Love that little feature!

I still like it for Wizards in HM Crota, other than that there's nothing to use it for. It's a bummer too, I liked that AR pre-nerf.

same. I pretty much use it only for the deathsinger part of CE. for Void burns I pretty much only have one option.
WoC, LDR Void, truth
for solar burn there are so many awesome options
VOC, Vex, ice breaker, BH, Hunger of crota, and Ghallahorn. any cobo there in. I love solar burns and we rarely get any. seems we get ARC more than anything else.

same. I pretty much use it only for the deathsinger part of CE. for Void burns I pretty much only have one option.
WoC, LDR Void, truth
for solar burn there are so many awesome options
VOC, Vex, ice breaker, BH, Hunger of crota, and Ghallahorn. any cobo there in. I love solar burns and we rarely get any. seems we get ARC more than anything else.

VoC and Vex are Solar? Sweet! Didn't think I had any good solar primaries.

So I can run those 2 + Murmur (set on Solar) + Hunger. Nice!

Now I have all 3 of my burn setups done.

Arc: Fatebringer/Fang + Arc LDR with Firefly/Found Verdict + Thunderlord

Void: Word of Crota + Swordbreaker + Truth

Guess I just need a Void sniper rifle (and obviously IB/BH someday xD). Recommendations?

Deku Tree

why cant a chu be a strike boss. they have differnt elements so how about a boss that you can only damage with a sepcific element and it changes thruogh out the fight.

I like the way you think. Would be a great idea. Only thing is would people keep swapping weapons? Or do you try to equip one weapon of each burn and then swap between primary, secondary, heavy depending upon the shield?

VoC and Vex are Solar? Sweet! Didn't think I had any good solar primaries.

So I can run those 2 + Murmur (set on Solar) + Hunger. Nice!

Now I have all 3 of my burn setups done.

Arc: Fatebringer/Fang + Arc LDR with Firefly/Found Verdict + Thunderlord

Void: Word of Crota + Swordbreaker + Truth

Guess I just need a Void sniper rifle (and obviously IB/BH someday xD). Recommendations?

Preadeths revenge (VOID SNIPER) is still good lfrom the VOG, I use the a void LDR becuase I have one and I like seeing 19k damage flying off of enemies. but PR is great, it has firelfy, its super stable and fires fast. its only problem is its low impact but it shouldnt really matter in a Void NF anyway

Thanks, guys!

Guess I got to start running VoG NM again (and not just doing Gorgon + Atheon like I've been doing since I got Fatebringer xD).

I like the way you think. Would be a great idea. Only thing is would people keep swapping weapons? Or do you try to equip one weapon of each burn and then swap between primary, secondary, heavy depending upon the shield?

either or. how about after a certian time or damage the boss will crota kneel and go into a peroid of invincability while a new elemental shield comes up, giving youa couple of seconds to swap guns. would be an awesome raid boss. instead of everyone calling out ORACLE LEFT. we would be yelling VOID swap!

Guess I just need a Void sniper rifle Recommendations?

Praedyth's Revenge from VoG is a top-tier PvP sniper but has very low impact so not ideal for void burns even if it gets upgraded to 365. (edit: I mean PR is awesome, I love it, but IB sniper is better)

Try to roll a Void Iron Banner sniper next time it comes around, especially one with Field Scout. Even without that it's still the highest impact sniper in the game (tied with Black Hammer). And you can get it in all 3 elements which is awesome.

Not sure if any vendors sell void snipers. I know Vanguard sells Arc LDR.

phen0m24

Praedyth's Revenge from VoG is a top-tier PvP sniper but has very low impact so not ideal for void burns even if it gets upgraded to 365. (edit: I mean PR is awesome, I love it, but IB sniper is better)

Try to roll a Void Iron Banner sniper next time it comes around, especially one with Field Scout. Even without that it's still the highest impact sniper in the game (tied with Black Hammer). And you can get it in all 3 elements which is awesome.

Not sure if any vendors sell void snipers. I know Vanguard sells Arc LDR.

PR is awesome.

Rolled a void LDR from a NF and like using it. :)

How would The Devil You Know + 4th Horseman be for PVP?

Trying to find a primary to pair with the Horseman. TDYK has extremely high impact, even though I never see anyone using it. Thinking of buying it.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I still see these guys when I look at the new Titan armor...

Yup. And I'm quite okay with that.

I really like the Fallen and their aesthetics, so looking forward to the armor sets. My favorite baddies from the game, followed by the Cabal.

The Vex are interesting but they look kinda dumb overall.

Fuck the Hive. So fucking ugly.

Side note:

Has anyone got some pointers as to how to solo VoG as a level 31 Titan?

I can't seem to gain control of all plates simultaneously, assuming that's what needs to be done...

nOoblet16

Yup. And I'm quite okay with that.

I really like the Fallen and their aesthetics, so looking forward to the armor sets. My favorite baddies from the game, followed by the Cabal.

The Vex are interesting but they look kinda dumb overall.

Fuck the Hive. So fucking ugly.

Side note:

Has anyone got some pointers as to how to solo VoG as a level 31 Titan?

I can't seem to gain control of all plates simultaneously, assuming that's what needs to be done...
Soloing VoG is mechanically impossible. You need two people at least and three for Gorgon maze from what I remember otherwise the game doesn't let you pass through.

Soloing VoG is mechanically impossible. You need two people at least and three for Gorgon maze from what I remember otherwise the game doesn't let you pass through.

yup, last i heard you cant even get past the gorgon maze with less than 3 people. the final entry way is closed.

EDIT: althuogh I have seen a warlock solo atheon himself and have heard a titan can do it but never seen it.

spire can technically be soloed but I hacve never seen it happen (there is a cheese for it thuogh, so yeah it can be soloed)
confluxes can be soloed but have never seen it happen
oracles can be soloed I bet its hard has well
templar can tyechncally be soloed but holy hell I can only imagine
gorgons (techncally cant be soloed, but is it really cheating to grab a couple of buddies to stand there)
GK's no idea but i cant imagine it can be soloed
atheon doable with a warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom