• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Hmm. Probably 2 birds one stone. Its be easier to reveal multiple things on Wednesday than do a write up for everything on Friday, than to reveal something on Wed, thrn another reveal on Friday with a write up later that day. That and everything will already be set up for Wednesday.

agree Breezy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That was the most bizarre Crota run I've been in a while. Whole time I thought it was hard so I ran to Ogre room by myself and got owned.

A_Gorilla

Banned
"Elitist Bullshit?" Don't make me laugh, that's not at all what I was implying. Would it kill anyone if there was a single set of gear equal to others that was harder to get? Nope. Crucible/Multiplayer in most games by nature is an environment where one goes to win. It's supposed to be competitive (not MLG competitive, but challenging). There's nothing hair pulling about "getting better." What a joke. You're either good enough to win or you lose in Trials of Osiris and that is exactly what it's about. It's literally supposed to be a competitive, challenging event where the best win. I find it amusing that you're so frightened by that sentiment. But "Oh noes, I wasn't good enough to get my difficult to acquire ToO gear, whatever shall I do with my life. Make it easier."

Some things in these kinds of games should have bragging rights or stories behind them. As it stands now, all the special gear is "Yeah, I beat that one raid and was lucky with RNG" or "Yeah, I just grinded ranks in IB until I got to rank five" versus something like "I played ToO and beat all the teams along the way to get my badass looking armor."

Besides, you don't have to be a "neckbeard" to get anything. You don't even really have to be that great at Destiny PvP to win anything, randos in multiplayer aren't really that great. And I say that as someone has grinded multiple IB events to five, alone.

There is a place for MLG-hard type games (Bloodborne) but Destiny, based on everything the developers have said so far, isn't supposed to be one of them, which is why I don't understand people who want it to be.

And I wasn't saying that ToO was too hard, I believe that it strikes a good (not perfect) balance between challenging and not hair pulling.

And my apologies for the Neckbeard comment if it offended anyone. Working morning shifts on weekends really boils up my blood.

Now I remember why I dislike the iron banner. The game starts normally enough, both teams fairly close with points. Then I notice the other team has an advantage, a lvl 31 with such a terrible connection that he is unkillable. I drop a super on his feet, follow him around punching and shotgunning, nothing. He turns around and drops me. This continues for the duration of the match. Later, 3 of us surround him with heavies, shotguns, punches, anything we can throw at him. After about 15-20 seconds of dishing out damage he kills all of us and runs off unscathed. Needless to say they end up beating us by about 10k points. I hate to whine about this but damn if it isn't annoying as all hell.

Thanks for the informative post Drizzay!

I keep forgetting he's Drizzay ingame LOL. Yeah I also thank you very much for the post. Bookmarking

Thanks! I should change my Gaf name even though it would make me sad. :-/

I've been meaning to make a more fleshed out "Control Basics" post but this is a start. Once it comes together (with all community input welcome) I'll link it in the OP. A few more thoughts about preferred spawns for the more balanced maps:

Would just like to add, personally I reckon A on Asylum is better than C because when you attack B, it has two points of entry from the corridor instead of just one which makes things easier.

Nice, that's a good call. Not huge but enough differentiation to give some preference on an otherwise balanced map. The heavy drops are slightly more accessible from C spawns but definitely not a big difference.

Anomaly: Strong preference for C. Much closer to B, better entrenched defensive position. Easy to sit back down the ramp and watch for assaults from A cave or pushes onto C point, throw lightning grenades up onto B platform, snipe down hallways, etc.

Burning Shrine: I prefer A since it's closer to B and benefits from the sun glare, but can understand arguments for C if people feel it's easier to defend B from inside.

Twilight Gap: Once again, prefer A for faster B access. Also a better heavy drop spot that's not exposed to easy sniper lines like the C heavy.

Rusted Lands: Most balanced map to me. A is once again closer to B, has a more protected heavy spawn, and defending B from A gives the high ground. But C is easier to defend than A imo, and you can sit back in the center area to watch for pushes to C, through the middle tunnel, or onto B. Use the brick structure for cover, lob grenades onto B, etc. Also a good map to push A or C if the enemy team over-commits to B.

patchday

[sort of chiming in on A_Gorilla conversation above]

Destiny is that game I play when I want to just relax. Nothing bout it is really "difficult". It just takes time.

Bloodborne is a combination of "hard" and "time". I can fight a boss and level up all I want but if I don't bring the skills I just wont progress at all. on top of that you have a somewhat "if-fy" coop system where your helpers are nerfed + boss encounter gets harder...

Still think Bloodborne is superbly designed.

Destiny- certain parts of it are great (raids, coop) but other parts are a little less polished (too me).

Mindlog

The IB Train has left the station!

Watch live right here! http://www.twitch.tv/unstablelive

Choo Choo
Good luck team!

I wasn't planning on playing at all, but I've had a blast this Iron Banner. Mostly solo or in small teams I can't recall getting to three legit coins. I once got to three because I arrived as the team lost. I also believe I've found my specialty. Just need some teammate to get shot at while I steal all the kills :D
tkGI3JW.gif

Bring on the Trials.
Anomaly: Strong preference for C. Much closer to B, better entrenched defensive position. Easy to sit back down the ramp and watch for assaults from A cave or pushes onto C point, throw lightning grenades up onto B platform, snipe down hallways, etc.
Only one we don't agree with. I strongly prefer A because of the area that overlooks B and all the side entrances. I can pick off lots of enemies from that area.
Pic.

blamite

What's a good roll for Silimar's (IB Auto Rifle)? Mine dropped with Persistence, Crowd Control, and Field Scout/Lightweight/Skip Rounds and I feel like I could probably do a fair bit better than that...

Thanks for the DS and Crota runs everyone, and thanks for running sword Kadey.

Thenal, sorry that you missed out on the second run when your internet dropped out.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep. I'm always up for running sword. Crota was being a huge you know what as usual. Still hit me while I invisible and that one time I blink strike him and missed him between his stubby legs.

Anybody up for hard CE?

stb

2 slots left on an IB train...

PSN berried_treasure

Edit: we're gonna start, but message me or join the party chat if you wanna hop in

ocean

Banned
The return of the Bears. HoW bringing back DGAF memories of hype and speedy posting of nonsensical inside jokes. I like this.

jem0208

Just got to the very end of the daily story. And the door into the throne room closed, killing me in the process. Then I spawned outside and couldn't get back in.

Also matchmaking isn't working :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom