• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anybody out there who doesn't use the 3 exotic God cannons, red death, bad juju, or vex. Just curious.

Up until this IB, I have been using my Badger CCL scout with firefly as my primary for my Titan. After the first couple of days this time I used my hunter's Thorn, and I've done much better.

Mindlog

Is there anybody out there who doesn't use the 3 exotic God cannons, red death, bad juju, or vex. Just curious.
I've done well with a few of the legendary Pulse Rifles.
I get a handful of kills from my Saterienne Rapier when I have to engage before switching back from my exotic heavy.

shermas

If any xboners need the gorgon cp (HM), I'm going to be sitting in the maze for a little while. Just send me a note on XBL.

Arrrammis

Anyone want to run Hard VoG? Still looking to get the warlock chest before HoW. (PS4)
1. Arrrammis
2. Shem0275
3. Out 1
4. Tick221
5. Xion385

If only the RoF was better on this sniper.
11154959_392997254240367_1857131907485073808_o.jpg

Hit rank 5 today. Got everything cept the armor i dont need and the random.J hammer drop. Most importanly got alot better at pvp! However running on fumes near the end so apologize to my ib group today......and the rest of week. Lol

I need a sensai like hudson. He went from poor to pretty damn great in less than a week. Good job man!

patchday

Damn, the crucible really is bad...

Why is every game mode just a variant on slayer?

Back a few pages zoba explains that Bungie's approach was they didn't want an individual player to feel pressured and have everything hinge on this individuals actions.

Which is odd coming from the devs that conceived the relic (voG) and Scrota's end (sword user) where a mistake wipes the team :)

My guess, is there's a raid team and a Crucible team. The Crucible team seems obsessed with keeping everything simple for mass appeal so they can grab a massive audience.

I'd counter their logic that even Call of Duty has way more game modes though. Was hoping next dlc would bring more game modes but instead its another deathmatch variant.

man, you got me going! More than you asked for. I am thinking the experienced pvp crew from Halo went to 343i. I should look at the credits for Halo / Destiny to confirm my theory.

Btw, I should add Crucible is fun for what they had to work with (massive aoe, crazy supers, etc). They just lack the creativity and depth we had in Halo

shermas

Thanks man! Nice emblem too

Yah.. no problem. Hope you weren't waiting for me to wipe for a while. I'm kind of AFK, doing some stuff for work with the game on in the background.

Sorry about the assmats. Better luck next week!

edit: If anyone else needs the GC on xbone, I'm in the maze.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yah.. no problem. Hope you weren't waiting for me to wipe for a while. I'm kind of AFK, doing some stuff for work with the game on in the background.

Sorry about the assmats. Better luck next week!

edit: If anyone else needs the GC on xbone, I'm in the maze.

What's GC?

jem0208

Back a few pages zoba explains that Bungie's approach was they didn't want an individual player to feel pressured and have everything hinge on this individuals actions.

Which is odd coming from the devs that conceived the relic (voG) and Scrota's end (sword user) where a mistake wipes the team :)

My guess, is there's a raid team and a Crucible team. The Crucible team seems obsessed with keeping everything simple for mass appeal so they can grab a massive audience.

I'd counter their logic that even Call of Duty has way more game modes though. Was hoping next dlc would bring more game modes but instead its another deathmatch variant.

man, you got me going! More than you asked for. I am thinking the experienced pvp crew from Halo went to 343i. I should look at the credits for Halo / Destiny to confirm my theory.

Btw, I should add Crucible is fun for what they had to work with (massive aoe, crazy supers, etc). They just lack the creativity and depth we had in Halo

That's such a bizarre approach to it though. Literally every other multiplayer game I have ever played has had multiple game modes, people have always loved them. I've never heard of people getting pressured by having an objective. Even so, if those people do exist then they don't have to play on the objective playlist.

It almost seems just plain lazy. No private lobbies, no custom games, no variety in game modes... What were the crucible team doing in the 4 users between Reach and Destiny? They designed a handful of okay at best maps and just slapped together a few slayer variants. I'm can't believe the same company that created Halo Reach and its massive variety in multiplayer could only come up with the Crucible.

Combine that with one hit kill supers and spawning with shotguns and snipers... Why couldn't they have a competitive playlist with no supers etc? Maybe on a few symmetrical maps?

Sorry for the mini rant, I'm really enjoying Destiny. The crucible is just such a massive disappointment. Especially considering its from the same people who made Halo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom