• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Most lop-sided victory. 2000o to 3000. It was 5 against 6 too.

Proud to have Vaalbar in my clan. He's a PVP beast.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Finally! Got all three of my characters to lvl 4! Gonna get 1 to lvl 5 tomorrow for the pistol.

Now to farm glimmer! Anyone have a NM GK checkpoint they can give me?

SnakeEyes

Banned
For you, the day Thunderlord graced your vault was the most important day of your life. But for Rhaegar, it was Tuesday.
Haha well played.

Seriously though, it's the last exotic weapon I need. I'm pretty sure Bungie are listening in on my groups PSN Party Chat and are like "Hey, you know that guy Kurt? Yeah, fuck that guy - no Thunderlord for him!"

SnakeEyes

Banned
Eh, just did a fine-ass weekly run with randoms without a single wipe.
But you have no penalty if everyone dies in the Weekly Heroic. Bungie simply refuse to punish good players by potentially lumping them in with bad ones/AFKers/Jackasses by adding matchmaking to the Nightfalls. Not like it overly matters to you anyway, you can just post on GAF for people to add to your Friends List on either PSN or XBL.

I also don't see why it can't just send you back to the beginning of the strike when you wipe. However, a lot of the things in this game don't make sense.

Yeah...I mean, I get sending you back to orbit is kinda like, like Bungie telling you 'oh shit this is really tough. Shit got real.'

But there's no problem with sending you back to the start.

So I'm really digging the game. I mean, I'm just soloing stuff right now, but I'm so damn excited for HoW.

Rhaegar

Haha well played.

Seriously though, it's the last exotic weapon I need. I'm pretty sure Bungie are listening in on my groups PSN Party Chat and are like "Hey, you know that guy Kurt? Yeah, fuck that guy - no Thunderlord for him!"

I actually really like this idea of little Bungie men watching us from afar and torturing us for their own twisted entertainment. It explains so much-- my inability to get Fatebringer, my ability to get Necrochasm, those damned cursed thralls behind me on Omnigull, sabotaging Halo code so MCC remains broken.

I can only imagine that supervising this shadow ops team is what occupies 90% of DeeJ's time.

Yeah...I mean, I get sending you back to orbit is kinda like, like Bungie telling you 'oh shit this is really tough. Shit got real.'

But there's no problem with sending you back to the start.

So I'm really digging the game. I mean, I'm just soloing stuff right now, but I'm so damn excited for HoW.

15 more days! But who is counting? I'm definitely more excited for this than TDB.

I just want that Eternal Warrior helm. ;_;

15 more days! But who is counting? I'm definitely more excited for this than TDB.

I just want that Eternal Warrior helm. ;_;

I think alot more people are excited than TDB. I mean, TDB came during a time where the backlash was alive and real, and when they revealed what TDB had, the reception was lukewarm at best. Fast forward 5 months later, Bungies done 180 on alotta things, HoW was seemingly delayed according to the leaked infograph, Bungie has bene quite open about HoW and the updates it will bring.....People are actually considering coming back because of the changes not tied to HoW...

And this game is finally becoming that long term game. That game you keep coming back to play with people you enjoy playing with, that seemingly has no grindy feelings that cause fatigue like before.

Goddamn I'm happy. Like, legit happy. I'm a bit teary eyed, but that's probably because I'm watching Reign Over Me.

I think alot more people are excited than TDB. I mean, TDB came during a time where the backlash was alive and real, and when they revealed what TDB had, the reception was lukewarm at best. Fast forward 5 months later, Bungies done 180 on alotta things, HoW was seemingly delayed according to the leaked infograph, Bungie has bene quite open about HoW and the updates it will bring.....People are actually considering coming back because of the changes not tied to HoW...

And this game is finally becoming that long term game. That game you keep coming back to play with people you enjoy playing with, that seemingly has no grindy feelings that cause fatigue like before.

Goddamn I'm happy. Like, legit happy. I'm a bit teary eyed, but that's probably because I'm watching Reign Over Me.

It definitely does seem like Bungie has been listening to the community integrating player feedback. Yeah there is still a long ways to go, but they are on the right track. I'm very interested to see what Comet will bring later this year.

IB Train ran for 6 hours with a final record of 23-3.

From 0 to rank 3.5 on the Warlock. Not too shabby. GG everyone that climbed aboard!

edit: also apologies for anyone who tried to climb aboard but timing didn't work out, it's always a struggle to coordinate exactly 6 people, no more or less.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
:)

ibnzWd3vWRPf0r.png

LTWood12

Whew, hit rank 5 for my first time ever. Armor of light blind bubble kept me over 1.0 KD pretty consistently. Got another Jolder's Hammer, and my first Spear and Lash. Feels good.

I love this game and this community. It was a grind to hit rank 5, but I had a great time doing it! I have fun every time I play this game.

Edit: Also finally hit rank 3 Crucible after 8 months of barely playing PVP. Finally got the Rapier. Since I missed Gheleon's Demise w/ outlaw and firefly a couple months ago, I figured this was the next best thing.

Haven't done ANY Crota's end this week. May want to do some normal crota tomorrow night for funsies.

Did not die once.

Awesome, congrats! In case folks don't know, there's a special medal and a text pop up if you finish a round with 15+ kills and 0 deaths:

Kadey1up Prevailed Unbroken.

Hawkmoon is bottom tier PvE exotic ? :eek:
I always thought it was a good one because of its high damage.

It can be confusing when I say something is a bad PvE exotic. Doesn't mean it's a bad gun or not effective, it's just that rating exotics means they are competing against every other exotic since you can only equip one at a time. "Best in slot" isn't just best primary, secondary or heavy but rather best overall exotic. HMoon is a blast to use but what makes it truly special, i.e. worth the exotic spot, is only relevant in PvP.

I vote for Ghaleon to change your tag to AKA Dr.Drizzay or something like that.

whycantwehaveboth.gif

haha makes sense to me. DrDrizzay is just my stupid old AOL Instant Messenger screen name, while Boguester is my nickname for my wife so I'd ideally like to keep it.

Only one we don't agree with. I strongly prefer A because of the area that overlooks B and all the side entrances. I can pick off lots of enemies from that area.

I should clarify that I think its easier to mess with B from A spawns but easier to hold B from C spawns. If we spawn A, I usually get several kills sniping across the catwalk onto B which lets teammates get in there to cap. But the distance from C to B is so much shorter I really prefer to hunker down on B+C assuming B is capped and you don't have to stick your neck out there too much.

Ultimately I can definitely understand other preferences and we've won many matches holding all sorts of different points. As long as teams communicate and don't flip spawns too much on each other, the more balanced maps can be won with multiple approaches.

I can't believe you still haven't got Thunderlord, Driz. What did you do to Bungie?

They cant fix the raid cheese known as driz

ex-girlfriend from a long time ago?

The next patch is gonna roll around:

• Removed a bug where DrDrizzay could join raids with other gaffers

lol this series of posts right in a row seriously made me laugh :p I <3 DGAF

My legendary heavy engram became a TLord... if TLords were legendary, solar, named Prestige and terrible. ;_; Obviously TLord is a common missing exotic since it's the only one Xur can sell that he hasn't, but I'm pretty confident I've logged more hours than anyone else still missing it. Probably more hours than any DGAF'er period, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom