• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastasis

Triple tap is exactly like Whitenail.
The ones that deal with range, stability etc just feel like renamed versions of the barrels that already exists. (And for RNG weapons the descriptions don't make sense because it can say more range and less stability but the other barrel can still give you even more range over that and also increase stability)

Doesn't whitenail refill the whole magazine? Triple tap just adds a round.

Edit: beaten

couldn't resist

I5irHui.png

GutZ31

Completely agree. We should brainstorm cool perks we'd like to see.

How about one where headshots had a chance to create a wave of energy in the direction the bullet travels?

Ala Hunters Razer Edge wave of destruction?
Would be pretty cool, but would need either a "chance" to activate, or after meeting a goal to keep it fair.

ethomaz

Banned
And I got Rank 4 in IB yesterday thinking I will buy the IB Fusion or Pulse... lol it was the HC and Sniper.

I got Rank 4 for what?

patchday

And I got Rank 4 in IB yesterday thinking I will buy the IB Fusion or Pulse... lol it was the HC and Sniper.

I got Rank 4 for what?

You guys always astound me with your stamina and fortitude. I could only bear to hit Rank 1 (75%) on my main squeeze (titan) before I had to logout

They really gotta come hard with this new dlc. I've already written off pvp. The nostalgia and magic is sapped out of me.

I'm coming to grips (for me) that what always hooked me was LOOT and the PvE coop experiences with GAF. I felt the raids really were magical and some of my most fun times in this game. I want those feels back. Waiting to see how PoE looks. Heck, I'd even settle for a well done Horde mode (so far Mass Effect 3 MP had the best horde mode I've ever seen with occasional objective modes!).

Bring it Bungie if you want my money! Or at least add some new, interesting loot items. It cant just look good. I want some new features and functionality. Dont think the previous dlc added one single gun that really added a unique flavor to the game. I use them- but they all felt like upgrades.

Not going to be enough to impress

Late, late Raids this week thanks to IB.

DS+Crota NM x3 in 10mins.

And maybe HM Oracles thru Atheon a few times as well.

1) Me - PSN: Phaethon
2) JGW
3)
4)
5)
6)

EDIT: Full

ethomaz

Banned
You guys always astound me with your stamina and fortitude. I could only bear to hit Rank 1 (75%) on my main squeeze (titan) before I had to logout

They really gotta come hard with this new dlc. I've already written off pvp. The nostalgia and magic is sapped out of me.

I'm coming to grips (for me) that what always hooked me was LOOT and the PvE coop experiences with GAF. I felt the raids really were magical and some of my most fun times in this game. I want those feels back. Waiting to see how PoE looks. Heck, I'd even settle for a well done Horde mode (so far Mass Effect 3 MP had the best horde mode I've ever seen with occasional objective modes!).

Bring it Bungie if you want my money! Or at least add some new, interesting loot items. It cant just look good. I want some new features and functionality. Dont think the previous dlc added one single gun that really added a unique flavor to the game. I use them- but they all felt like upgrades.

Well yesterday I level up 2 ranks in IB playing with Kadey group and it was pretty cool... just for that (play with them) was already worth of it.

A lot of fun... even if I won't use these ranks for nothing lol

patchday

Well yesterday I level up 2 ranks in IB playing with Kadey group and it was pretty cool... just for that (play with them) was already worth of it.

A lot of fun... even if I won't use these ranks for nothing lol

Yo I saw Kadey was organizing a group on the forum. Shame on me for not logging on. Think I was goofing off in MK X. They had a Double Koins weekend (basically, in Destiny terms, this would be Double Glimmer). Couldn't resist!!

I am so sick of blind watch. It's him from one of my favorite maps to my most hated.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/34tl2g/suggestionfix_blind_watch_spawns_they_are_an/

I alway try to give Blind watch the benefit of the doubt. It's a deathmatch asymmetrical map that unfortunately is thrown into a play-type that should only have symmetrical or near symmetrical in it.
That said, after the major revisions on that map, there are some very stupid spawn points, and spawn weighting zones. And as time has gone on, people have figured out how to abuse those.

I can spawn in the actual A circle with the enemy directly behind and above me on the old A zone, as well as in the windmill. The enemy standing in either location is not impacting the spawn weighting. This makes it near impossible to switch spawn sides, and obviously makes it very challenging to live longer than 3-5 seconds after spawning.

I can be taking C and have enemies I just killed spawn down that back C path faster than I can regen my shield. So if I ever wanted to take C, by default I am always outnumbered. Either put more geometry back there for sight line purposes, or move the spawn point to be slightly inside that back door.

The spawn zone between A and B are hardly even used and I don't understand why. C spawns on C or along that back wall which is very close to B. A spawn on A and what seems to be only A. Maybe move the B point upstairs one more level.

Whatever you do, please just do something. This map is a nightmare.

Impala26

thorn
felwinters
blink
burning shrine

welcome to crucible

L. O. L.

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was a surprisingly good time. Bungie should also take note of that based on how all the different classes played, but they were all still fun and balanced.
Okay maybe the Krogans were a bit OP and of course there's the lol-Volus, but still!

While having new perks is great, the actual perks seem to be pretty shit.

But, thing is, why couldn't they do something like this for TDB as well? It just shows how little effort it seems actually went into creating that 'expansion'

While having new perks is great, the actual perks seem to be pretty shit.

But, thing is, why couldn't they do something like this for TDB as well? It just shows how little effort it seems actually went into creating that 'expansion'

Mark my words. One day before comet there will be a giant perk balancing patch. Especially after reforging becomes the norm. Every weapon is going to be rerolled for the same 3-5 perks.

patchday

Late, late Raids this week thanks to IB.

DS+Crota NM x3 in 10mins.

And maybe HM Oracles thru Atheon a few times as well.

2) JGW
3)
4)
5)
6)

Yo I'll help with DS+Crota. sandboxgod

I doubt if I have time for HM Oracles as well but we can play it by ear

Send me fr

Don't think I've played with you? I'm L32 on my guys so I can pull my weight. Will be on my Titan

2) JGW
3) sandboxgod (gaf - patchday)
4)
5)
6)

[edit] LOL I feel dumb, you already on my FR. Wasnt logged on to ps4

THEF3AR

I've hit rank 5 in Iron Banner. What's next?

I have bought the Goldspiral shader, the emblems, and the titan class item.

Should I buy the sniper rifle/and or the hand cannon?

Late to the party, but regarding the "new" perks...

Is Hidden Hand essentially beefed up auto aim?

i upvoted for you but you're wasting your time by posting it on reddit. most people there will just downvote things they don't understand - mapspeak in particular is foreign to many people - so you're not going to find them engaging in that discussion.

ditto

By the time comet drops (september?) This game is going to be really feature rich.

Outside of all the balance tweaks the changes to the game worlds itself like currency and stuff seem like they are going to be in a really solid place.

End game content is going to be 3 Raids + and PoE (horde) Nightfalls and Weeklys are going to have more content and so are the match made strikes.

PvP will have it's "killer mode" with Osiris and Iron Banner is going to offer a nice change of pace.

I do wonder what is happening with Queens Wrath stuff, Is it gone for good and replaced with a always around vendor like Eris?

Having a PvE event that was on rotation was nice and even if it was very streamlined I enjoyed it for what is was. Limited Content with Limited drops.

WipedOut

Hit rank 5 with my Hunter yesterday and Rank 4 with my warlock this morning, I have no glimmer :( Need to buy the helmet and warlock bond.

Is Timur's lash worth the grind for glimmer?

Lima

Once HoW drops it is 6 raids, 3 night falls and 3 weekly strikes, PoE plus regular PvP from Tuesday until Friday and then ToO the whole weekend. Basically they want us to not play any other game. Good shit.

Hit rank 5 with my Hunter yesterday and Rank 4 with my warlock this morning, I have no glimmer :( Need to buy the helmet and warlock bond.

Is Timur's lash worth the grind for glimmer?

I like mine, but then again I rarely use it. You made it this far, might as well spend the time grinding glimmer for it. Shouldn't take that long.

WipedOut

I like mine, but then again I rarely use it. You made it this far, might as well spend the time grinding glimmer for it. Shouldn't take that long.

Ugh,

Warlock Bond - 2,000
Warlock Helm - 9950
Million Million - 7,500
Gold Spiral - 7,500
Timur's lash - 11500

That's a whole lotta Glimmer

Lothars

I love Iron Banner, It's my favorite part of PVP and I am not a very good PVP player. I hit rank 3 which is all I wanted for the Sniper but it was a fun time with some frustrating moments.

It sounds like you just need to take a break and come back at the expansion or later.

I love Iron Banner, It's my favorite part of PVP and I am not a very good PVP player. I hit rank 3 which is all I wanted for the Sniper but it was a fun time with some frustrating moments.

It sounds like you just need to take a break and come back at the expansion or later.

I'm not much of a regular PvPer either, but I like IB when it comes around too. It's a nice change of pace from my mostly PvE activities.

Daemul

i upvoted for you but you're wasting your time by posting it on reddit. most people there will just downvote things they don't understand - mapspeak in particular is foreign to many people - so you're not going to find them engaging in that discussion.

Yep, I upvoted your post too. Most people won't understand what you're talking about, but hopefully some knowledgeable posters will enter you post and we can get some discussion going about the fucking terrible designs of many of the maps in this game.

Impala26

Ugh,

Warlock Bond - 2,000
Warlock Helm - 9950
Million Million - 7,500
Gold Spiral - 7,500
Timur's lash - 11500

Christ, no kidding.
I have about just shy of 20k worth of banners, codices and beads and I'm STILL gonna have to grind out an extra 10-15k to buy EVERYTHING I want from this IB. Is that first Mars mission still viable for glimmer farming solo? If so, anyone know roughly the rate of glimmer from that?

WipedOut

I'm not much of a regular PvPer either, but I like IB when it comes around too. It's a nice change of pace from my mostly PvE activities.

This is the first time I've really ever invested in PVP, I'm not great but it's not bad. I'll be doing IB on at least one character from now on.

Ugh,

Warlock Bond - 2,000
Warlock Helm - 9950
Million Million - 7,500
Gold Spiral - 7,500
Timur's lash - 11500

Luckily i had a bunch of house banners ect. Saved up so i didnt have to hit the farm. Got everything i wanted.

IB hand cannon....what a waste of 11000 glimmer.

At least I get to look like gold dust from WWE with goldspiral

Timur's is my new baby. Love the looks, and it hits so hard! Bought two and got two awesome, totally different rolls.

But to each his own . . .

Edit: Top-of-page love for Timur's (my characters are 32, 31, 31 with best gear—just been leveling up new exotics):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom