• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol this series of posts right in a row seriously made me laugh :p I <3 DGAF

My legendary heavy engram became a TLord... if TLords were legendary, solar, named Prestige and terrible. ;_; Obviously TLord is a common missing exotic since it's the only one Xur can sell that he hasn't, but I'm pretty confident I've logged more hours than anyone else still missing it. Probably more hours than any DGAF'er period, haha.

I've gotten like 2 thunderlords

but I want a 4th horseman

when you get your Tlord I'll get my 4th Horseman

I'm pretty sure that's how it works

SnakeEyes

Banned
I can only imagine that supervising this shadow ops team is what occupies 90% of DeeJ's time.
"Community Manager" - "Loot Sadist" is morelike :D

lol this series of posts right in a row seriously made me laugh :p I <3 DGAF

My legendary heavy engram became a TLord... if TLords were legendary, solar, named Prestige and terrible. ;_; Obviously TLord is a common missing exotic since it's the only one Xur can sell that he hasn't, but I'm pretty confident I've logged more hours than anyone else still missing it. Probably more hours than any DGAF'er period, haha.
If DeathJr/Ruthlesbarbarian is to be believed, it's this week that he'll sell it.

But if he's wrong...

giphy.gif

Anastasis

Grinding out bounties over 2 characters unlocked both wolkpack rounds on my new and only gjallarhorn as well as starless night on my helm of saint-14. Feel like a real Titan now. Haha.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for the IB run guys. Tis was fun. Been a while since I played PVP that much.

I'll probably play tonight and try to get to rank 5.

Technically this is the 2nd time you've said he'll sell Thunderlord, the first being after the discovery of the packet sniffing...

So make it 2 Kerjiggerhorns...

I'm simply keeping the hope alive. I make no promises as to Xur's inventory.

I'll just dismantle the Thunderlord I stole from Drizzay recently.

Finally. Rank 4 on hunter and Titan. Both armour pieces for each. Also bought efrideets spear. Not had chance to reroll it yet.

I had a jolder's hammer drop for me in my second last match. Rerolled it twice and got arc damage (much needed as I have no thunderlord), rodeo, field scout and crowd control. I think I will be sticking with those perks as there isn't many ways it could be improved.

FyreWulff

I always have the latest and greatest. Plus I learn from the very best in the business.

i7WGRBahDv7Mj.jpg

We have two spots for IB. Just message me or soemthing.

BlackMagic or elgato? I built out a rig with an internal BMIP. I even got compliments from 343 for the quality of captures and streams I got with it :p (I was doing captures of test sessions for matchmaking updates)

Pretty nice hardware but a pain in the butt to get it all working perfectly.

IHaveIce

Banned
BlackMagic or elgato? I built out a rig with an internal BMIP. I even got compliments from 343 for the quality of captures and streams I got with it :p (I was doing captures of test sessions for matchmaking updates)

Pretty nice hardware but a pain in the butt to get it all working perfectly.
Compliments from 343 about quality sure mean something.
Their Halo 4 Stream to show off the turbo update was abyssimal

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've been streaming for years. Picture is a little outdated. Now running triple monitor, double keyboard, new hardware and of course I have a PS4 now.

I was never into black magic. My first streaming gear was a Hauppauge. People were having trouble even getting it to stream but I somehow did black magic with it. Pun intended. Using Flash media encoder, SCFH and total media converter I was able to do streams not meant for the quality of it's time. 3-4 years ago I was doing 720p streams. Nowadays I use Avermedia. It is pretty user friendly and is considered the mainstream thing. There are hardware and programs to free up your CPU so you can do quality beyond anything. I can stream at 4k but obviously most people wouldn't be able to watch and diminishing returns via Twitch and stuff I stream.

Twitch is the most mainstream streamer site but it actually has a ton of issues. It isn't true 60fps and for some reason it is a huge resource hog for both the watcher and streamer. If you want to actually see a stream at it's best quality you use livestreamer via VLC.

A lot of stuff I learned on my own and some stuff I learned from really well known streamers. I'm the kind of person who likes to mess with stuff and learn from my own experience.

FyreWulff

Cool.

I intentionally overbuilt my rig to avoid any CPU issues - allows me to do full 60fps capture and stream at the same time with no dropped frames. And then sometims for shiggles I'll throw running PtBi on top of games on top of all of that.

The only saved videos I have from me recording and streaming at the same time are Rock Band Blitz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNaA-rKsijY&list=PLO4EBSvjBEotB5n1IvPxPdm1-npvblr82&index=3

and yeah, i've discovered twitch has serious issues and i usually only feed them 30fps regardless of the game i'm streaming. They haven't made 60fps worth it yet. I haven't used it to stream in a while due to being held back by the internet connection I had

So funny I forgot to laugh

It's bad enough that it's hard as shit to find games, but then this "you suck, ha ha just kidding" bullshit is just the icing on the cake

Luckily I had some good experiences today with LFG, finally (!!!) finished VoG NM (I KNOW. THATS HOW ROUGH IF IT IS OUT THERE FOR XBO.)

But seriously, I don't see the point in this kind of weird hazing

I really doesn't have to be. Check the first post, join Bad to the Xbone, add yourself to the Google Doc and just add everyone's gamertag. I've done that and I've gotten four raiding parties together this week in a span of minutes.

Use this thread for discussion, not lfg. Use Smartglass or Bungie.net to send out messages to people instead. It's how I do it. It won't always work, and you'll have to resort to using Destinylfg occasionally, but it's a hell of a lot better than posting something here and waiting for nobody to respond.

Do the perks on VoG armor vary? Apart from the 'carry more ammo for ... weapon' bit. For instance, can a helm get Infusion in VoG? I think not, but I'm not sure.

GutZ31

so glad they didn't use battle damaged gear.

Finding damaged gear, similar to hunting dead ghosts would have been awesome for a quest.

Only thing is that we are still waiting on ghost skins... so I guess I am also glad they didnt.

M3Rocket

Finally. Rank 4 on hunter and Titan. Both armour pieces for each. Also bought efrideets spear. Not had chance to reroll it yet.

I had a jolder's hammer drop for me in my second last match. Rerolled it twice and got arc damage (much needed as I have no thunderlord), rodeo, field scout and crowd control. I think I will be sticking with those perks as there isn't many ways it could be improved.

Wow--nice! I had the same roll on a Jolder's Hammer (except Solar) on the third try. Didn't feel like gambling some more motes for slightly better perks. It feels like the old trusty The Swarm, but with better range. Hoping with Rodeo, it will make the Crucible headshot with a machine gun bounty much quicker and easier.

ocean

Banned
Wow--nice! I had the same roll on a Jolder's Hammer (except Solar) on the third try. Didn't feel like gambling some more motes for slightly better perks. It feels like the old trusty The Swarm, but with better range. Hoping with Rodeo, it will make the Crucible headshot with a machine gun bounty much quicker and easier.
I can't wait to Ascend my Swarm to 365. It's the perfect impact/stability/RoF in my
Opinion, I love it.

IB Train ran for 6 hours with a final record of 23-3.

From 0 to rank 3.5 on the Warlock. Not too shabby. GG everyone that climbed aboard!

edit: also apologies for anyone who tried to climb aboard but timing didn't work out, it's always a struggle to coordinate exactly 6 people, no more or less.

What if you are, say, level 29 and not great. How long would it take you to level up like that? I'm at rank 1 currently with 220. I can't buy any of the stuff to equip yet and usually the IB bounties are just too esoteric for me to get. Like I don't think I've ever gotten a spree higher than 2 or 3 ever. Looking now, though, I could probably pull off iron embrace and focused aggression (along with hard forged, natch). I guess I should buy a tempering too?

willow ve

What if you are, say, level 29 and not great. How long would it take you to level up like that? I'm at rank 1 currently with 220. I can't buy any of the stuff to equip yet and usually the IB bounties are just too esoteric for me to get. Like I don't think I've ever gotten a spree higher than 2 or 3 ever. Looking now, though, I could probably pull off iron embrace and focused aggression (along with hard forged, natch). I guess I should buy a tempering too?

Quickest way to rank up Iron Banner (without a GAF train) is to buy the tempering and focus on the bounties. Accept all 5 bounties whether of not you'll actually get them (or think you can get them) because sometimes you get lucky. Each time you complete a bounty return to the tower and turn it in (buying the Iron Banner shader/emblem whenever you can before turning in another bounty).

The 10 kills streak is actually 10 kills AND/OR assists AND it carries over from match to match. (So if you got 3 kills and 2 assists before the end of a match you need to start the next match with 5 kills/assists before your first death to get the "10 in a row")

Glimmer farming atm, but who is up for a full HM VoG?
We have 2 open spots, PSN is EJRobinson90.

Edit:
One spot left.

1. EJRobinson90
2. Gaz_87
3. Raindoc
4. Blazeuk
5. TearsOfBlood

Quickest way to rank up Iron Banner (without a GAF train) is to buy the tempering and focus on the bounties. Accept all 5 bounties whether of not you'll actually get them (or think you can get them) because sometimes you get lucky. Each time you complete a bounty return to the tower and turn it in (buying the Iron Banner shader/emblem whenever you can before turning in another bounty).

The 10 kills streak is actually 10 kills AND/OR assists AND it carries over from match to match. (So if you got 3 kills and 2 assists before the end of a match you need to start the next match with 5 kills/assists before your first death to get the "10 in a row")

Hm! Thanks for the tips! Assists I can definitely manage :)

But I die so so so so much.

Ghazi

Wow Tower Ghost For Destiny seems very cool...

http://dasilva333.github.io/TowerGhostForDestiny/

... it does make me nervous though in a loot game to be managing my loot with a still buggy third party app ...

I've been using beta branches of Destiny Item Manager for a while now and nothing's gone wrong. All these apps use Bungie'a API, so if anything went wrong with them, the same could happen with the Destiny app or website

Did they change the rep payout for Crota bounties? was getting 100 rep every bounty last night is that normal?

Going to try and get to lvl 4 eris rep before HoW.

I've been using beta branches of Destiny Item Manager for a while now and nothing's gone wrong. All these apps use Bungie'a API, so if anything went wrong with them, the save could happen with the Destiny app or website

I would buy this dev a beer. He updates Tower Ghost almost every single day. And he has apps for Android, Blackberry, Chrome, Firefox, Amazon Kindle, Windows Phone (not even Bungie has that), and is working on bringing one to iOS that is in beta. And he updates them all almost daily.

Mad respect for all that hard work. The app is amazing. You can sort your weapons in a number of ways. My personal favourite is to filter out all my maxed out weapons so I can see at a glance what gear I still to level up with XP. And you can turn on tooltips for all the gear that is taken from destinydb.

The app will not only automatically transfer items to the character you want, but it will also move around any un-needed items back to the Vault if you don't have space, AND it will even equip items for you all at the same time so long as you're in orbit.

I've set up Loadouts to easily transfer all the weapons I might need to one of my 3 characters depending on what I'm doing.

I have one for:
Solar Burn: Vision of Confluence, Black Hammer, Gjallarhorn
Arc Burn: Fang of Ir Yut, Fatebringer, Plan C, Song of Ir Yut
Void Burn: Word of Crota, Sword Breaker, Truth
Vault of Glass: Fatebringer, Gheleon's Demise (fatebringer perks), Ice Breaker, Sword Breaker, Praetorian Foil, Gjallarhorn, Hunger of Crota
Crota's End: Word of Crota, Red Death, Vex Mythoclast, MIDA Multi Tool, Gheleon's Demise, Black Hammer, Ice Breaker, Sword Breaker, Gjallarhorn, Hunger of Crota
Crucible: Thorn, Felwinter's Lie, Corrective Measure
Iron Banner: Same as above, except that I have it equip my favourite armours on my Warlock, too.

I've made sets for Iron Banner and the various Burns to quickly transfer those items to characters, 'cause a player ain't got time to wait.

I don't know if your fear is justified, but I share it with you.

Yeah I was apprehensive at first, but it uses the same features as the official Bungie app, and you can't dismantle items outside of the game anyway. I've never had a problem. The only thing it won't do is transfer an item that you already have equipped (edit: when you're in-game - works if you're in orbit/tower). You must first equip something else, then it'll do it. Also, he makes all the code available open source!

Yeah I was apprehensive at first, but it uses the same features as the official Bungie app, and you can't dismantly items outside of the game anyway. I've never had a problem. The only thing it won't do is transfer an item that you already have equipped. You must first equip something else, then it'll do it. Also, he makes all the code available open source!

That is a lot more comforting and I'm glad to know it's open source. I am going to buy the guy a beer, because this is a great improvement upon the gear transfer feature of the Bungie app.

Homeboyd

The only thing it won't do is transfer an item that you already have equipped. You must first equip something else, then it'll do it.
I'm not sure what version you're running but I can absolutely swap gear even if it's equipped via loadout transfers.

Each week when I'm swapping characters, I simply log out of my current character, load into my new one and swap my loadout from one to the next without unequipping anything. It's so useful.

Occasionly I'll get the prompt that says something along the lines of "can't transfer equipped item" or something that will require I unequip it, but most of the time if I just hit the refresh button under the settings drop down it will correct this.

If you move something that is equipped, it will replace it with the lowest leveled piece of gear that character has available in that slot.

Try it again and see if it works for you. just tested mine again and it still works for equipped items.

I really doesn't have to be. Check the first post, join Bad to the Xbone, add yourself to the Google Doc and just add everyone's gamertag. I've done that and I've gotten four raiding parties together this week in a span of minutes.

Use this thread for discussion, not lfg. Use Smartglass or Bungie.net to send out messages to people instead. It's how I do it. It won't always work, and you'll have to resort to using Destinylfg occasionally, but it's a hell of a lot better than posting something here and waiting for nobody to respond.

I did. :)

GT: KidInsomnia

Thanks though. Sorry for the self pitying derail. :)

Check out the new perks in House of Wolves:

S9Dkx6b.jpg

I'm not sure what version you're running but I can absolutely swap gear even if it's equipped via loadout transfers.

Each week when I'm swapping characters, I simply log out of my current character, load into my new one and swap my loadout from one to the next without unequipping anything. It's so useful.

Occasionly I'll get the prompt that says something along the lines of "can't transfer equipped item" or something that will require I unequip it, but most of the time if I just hit the refresh button under the settings drop down it will correct this.

If you move something that is equipped, it will replace it with the lowest leveled piece of gear that character has available in that slot.

Try it again and see if it works for you. just tested mine again and it still works for equipped items.

I'm using the Chrome Extension, which updates automatically (2.3.2). Testing it again, it seems that it will only unequip items for you if you're in orbit/Tower, but I think that's a limitation of Bungie's app, too. When you're in-game I don't think it can.

Homeboyd

I'm using the Chrome Extension, which updates automatically (2.3.2). Testing it again, it seems that it will only unequip items for you if you're in orbit/Tower, but I think that's a limitation of Bungie's app, too. When you're in-game I don't think it can.
Ah ok. Yeah I always do it in orbit (and am using the android app). Haven't had any issues.

Manp

this week nightfall loot:

- Patience and Time (4th? 5th? idk)
- Radiant Dance Machines (2nd)
- 9 shards

kill me :(

nOoblet16

Check out the new perks in House of Wolves:

S9Dkx6b.jpg

Triple tap sounds exactly like Whitenail. (Edit: seems like it's not, but it's still similar)
The ones that deal with range, stability etc just feel like renamed versions of the barrels that already exists. (And for RNG weapons the descriptions don't make sense because it can say more range and less stability but the other barrel can still give you even more range over that and also increase stability)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom