• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

How would The Devil You Know + 4th Horseman be for PVP?

Trying to find a primary to pair with the Horseman. TDYK has extremely high impact, even though I never see anyone using it. Thinking of buying it.

TDYK is great, one of my favorite guns in the game. Once I got Fatebringer I stopped using it though, but TDYK is perfectly serviceable in PVP. 4th Horseman probably wouldn't be the best choice for PVP though since the range is so minimal, it's more of a PVE focused gun. That's not to say you can't do well with it in PVP but you just have to get alot closer to people than you do with the other shotguns that have longer range (Found Verdict, Felwinters Lie, Secret Handshake, etc.). But yeah I think TDYK + 4th Horseman would be a solid setup if you're dead set on using Horseman in PVP.

How would The Devil You Know + 4th Horseman be for PVP?

Trying to find a primary to pair with the Horseman. TDYK has extremely high impact, even though I never see anyone using it. Thinking of buying it.
Wait, do you mean Thr Devil You Don't from the vendor? I don't think the vendor sells The Devil You Know anymore. i think the issue with it, was the small magazine count. That's prob why you don't see it often. If you had a verison that has field scout then yes. The cruicble or FWC hand cannon would be a better choice compare to TDYD.

Has anyone got some pointers as to how to solo VoG as a level 31 Titan?

I can't seem to gain control of all plates simultaneously, assuming that's what needs to be done...

lol you can't.

If you want to just get inside the Vault, you can do that by yourself, but everything else is super hard even on normal, and gatekeeper encounter is impossible to solo.

hydruxo

Wait, do you mean Thr Devil You Don't from the vendor? I don't think the vendor sells The Devil You Know anymore. i think the issue with it, was the small magazine count. That's prob why you don't see it often. If you had a verison that has field scout then yes. The cruicble or FWC hand cannon would be a better choice compare to TDYD.

Yeah the TDYD vendor version is awful, not even worth buying IMO.

nOoblet16

I have TDYD with Field Scout and Outlaw !

Hello DGAF!

So this weekend I returned to Destiny after being away since New Year's. A few of the things in the new patch and the news on HoW managed to pull me back and I'm cautiously optimistic on the new PoE arena.

So what's the first thing I manage to do? I accidentally dismantle my alt's Heart of the Praxic Fire instead of one of the 3 Starfire Protocols I have... FML

Still have my main's HotPF, but man, that was painful.

I like that they introduced matchmaking in the Weekly, but why haven't they done it to the Nightfall as well? It makes no sense.

Yeah the TDYD vendor version is awful, not even worth buying IMO.

I got a TDYD with field scout. Buit I dont know if its worth leveling becuase I also got a red hand 9. how muh of a mag would the field scout give you?

Hello DGAF!

So this weekend I returned to Destiny after being away since New Year's. A few of the things in the new patch and the news on HoW managed to pull me back and I'm cautiously optimistic on the new PoE arena.

So what's the first thing I manage to do? I accidentally dismantle my alt's Heart of the Praxic Fire instead of one of the 3 Starfire Protocols I have... FML

I like that they introduced matchmaking in the Weekly, but why haven't they done it to the Nightfall as well? It makes no sense.

welcome back!

to answer your question about MM, can you imagine doing a NF with randoms and being booted to orbit with a new set of randoms everytime. would be frustrating.

E92 M3

Hello DGAF!

Matchmaking in weekly is horrible - I've never had one good experience. Can't even imagine how bad NF will be.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

Homeboyd

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?! So vague lol
If you scroll further down, he just says
there will be a better weapon. Don't see how that replaces Gjally, but he said he would post "proof" that it will no longer be relevant later.

Who knows.

Oh and (re: NF)
the nightfall now has NO burn. lol

Ryck

E92 M3

there will be a better weapon. Don't see how that replaces Gjally, but he said he would post "proof" that it will no longer be relevant later.

Who knows.

Ah - that's bullshit! To the second post.

Also, I hate these spoilers but I can't help but look. I wish it wasn't so easily accessible. Oh well lol.

Who knows.

just like whne we first saw WoC and said it would be better than FB or thought the nechrocasm would be kind of good.

unless this new RL can shoot thruogh walls, has truth level tracking, holds 3 shells and has a never ending thorn style damage over time, I cant imagine it could be better than the horn

no burn on NF, why bungie?

dont believe this dude

Homeboyd

Hmmm. Very strange.

How do we know if that guy is legit? Has he leaked stuff before?

Hahahaha. No.
This guy looks like a megamanexe wannabe to me.
He already changed
the NF to no burn
This guy is legit. He has been correct every week right alongside megaman. He predicted TLW last week as well. Whether things get changed from the time he sees it to the time it launches is one thing, but he has been verified and can access the same info megaman and others can.

Homeboyd

I hope the
skilled mode being 1 level above the cap
isn't true... but we all know it is. Love that artificial difficulty!

PR is awesome.

Rolled a void LDR from a NF and like using it. :)

Ooh baby, void LDR would be fantastic. Impact is very similar to IceB, just a little below Ef. Spear and BHam. I got a Solar LDR from the X-Mas package but perks were bad and who needs another Solar sniper...

Has anyone got some pointers as to how to solo VoG as a level 31 Titan?

I can't seem to gain control of all plates simultaneously, assuming that's what needs to be done...

Oh, Scrota's End, how you have screwed up what a Destiny raid was supposed to be.

FYI: for opening the door, you just need to stand in each plate long enough to activate it (so the ring around it stays up) then you have to prevent the Praetorians and only them from entering the ring. If they do, they will take back control of the ring and you have to kill them and re-activate the plate. So basically you need to activate all 3 rings then kill P-torians that spawn at each of the 4 enemy spawn sites (two on the left, two on the right side). Not actually stand in any rings once they're active.

As mentioned above, you can enter the door solo by either using the sparrow glitch or driving immediately over to the Campus 9 (or w/e it's called) area as soon as you spawn into the VoG instance. Should be easy enough to find YouTube videos.

"• GJALLARHORN IS NO LONGER RELEVANT. It's been replaced"

Incredibly stupid troll-y thing to post (of the original Reddit guy, not you of course).

No further elaboration or explanation for how the game would so fundamentally change that his statement could possibly be true. I hate stuff like that. Completely useless "information." The other part about
Lv 35 "skilled" mode would be more upsetting to me though if Bungie thinks that can possibly qualify as content after the HM CE disaster.

Omni

I hope the
skilled mode being 1 level above the cap
isn't true... but we all know it is. Love that artificial difficulty!

That doesn't bother me really... Just as long as we don't get another "your shields don't recharge" thing like with Crota.

No further elaboration or explanation for how the game would so fundamentally change that his statement could possibly be true. I hate stuff like that. Completely useless "information." The other part about
Lv 35 "skilled" mode would be more upsetting to me though if Bungie thinks that can possibly qualify as content after the HM CE disaster.
yeah, the hard mode difficulty on CE basically just had us stand in a differnt spot. we went from left to center yeah difficulty. it it wasnt for scota gonna scrota, it would be 1st tries everytime. with the exception of having to time the hits but no one knows that better than you.

Deku Tree

Omg
level 35 skill
difficulty sounds totally horrible.

Incredibly stupid troll-y thing to post (of the original Reddit guy, not you of course).

Agree completely.

"[–]AsaTehSpider1 [score hidden] 40 minutes ago
Don't call me a liar. There will be a day when I post proof. GJALLARHORN will be outmatched by another gun"

I don't even see how he could know that. Does he have total damage calculations for the
guns
in HoW? Text on a computer screen can tell you that? Just looking at the perks IDK. Besides I thought we knew all the HoW exotixs already.

Homeboyd

Agree completely.

"[–]AsaTehSpider1 [score hidden] 40 minutes ago
Don't call me a liar. There will be a day when I post proof. GJALLARHORN will be outmatched by another gun"

I don't even see how he could know that. Does he have total damage calculations for the
guns
in HoW? Text on a computer screen can tell you that? Just looking at the perks IDK. Besides I thought we knew all the HoW exotixs already.

Yeah he says he's gathering pictures to post as proof. The only way I could see it becoming irrelevant is if it was actually altered in some way or if its perks were in some way irrelevant in PoE or something. A better gun doesn't make it irrelevant by itself. Maybe its stats/upgrades are changed in HoW? Not sure.

We'll know more when he posts pics and we'll be able tell if he's right about the rest of this info this Wednesday when they do the social space walkthroughs.
he mentions a new exotic vendor and cryptarch

Hello DGAF!

Sorry to hear about your HotPF accidental death, we had a recent intentional HotPF suicide here. The ex-owner is still under psychological evaluation for PTSD :)

On a serious note, you know they added a lock feature for Legendary and Exotic gear right? Just click R3 and it will Lock the weapon or armor and prevent it from being dismantled unless it's unlocked first.

As for the NF MM, personally I'd be fine if they added it since I know so many Destiny players that I'd never use MM anyway. If it helped people finish a NF then that's great but it would also lead to a certain percentage of very bad experiences with bad teams that don't communicate and wipe runs at the final boss, waste a lot of time, cause rage quits etc.

Hard to say if the good would outweigh the bad but right now Bungie has decided it's not worth the risk and they've collected waaaay more data about it than any of us, haha.

E92 M3

Yeah he says he's gathering pictures to post as proof. The only way I could see it becoming irrelevant is if it was actually altered in some way or if its perks were in some way irrelevant in PoE or something. A better gun doesn't make it irrelevant by itself. Maybe its stats/upgrades are changed in HoW? Not sure.

We'll know more when he posts pics and we'll be able tell if he's right about the rest of this info this Wednesday when they do the social space walkthroughs.
he mentions a new exotic vendor and cryptarch

Strange coins
becoming irrelevant?

A better gun doesn't make it irrelevant by itself. Maybe its stats/upgrades are changed in HoW?

He says that
the proof is that another gun will be better than it, which shows how fundamentally broken his rationale is. Like you said, a better gun doesn't remotely make GH irrelevant. Hell, there are better situational guns in the game right now but the Horn is still the Horn.

Simple rule of thumb for data miners:

Just-the-Facts-Maam.jpg

i wouldn't go that far. probably just an easy way to go hudless with some zoom controls, screenshot tool.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it, if anything.

Yeah, unfortunately "less is more likely" as a general rule but a guy can dream, haha. Just the HUD-less display would still be most appreciated for someone like me who likes to go through saved videos and pull out cool screen shots.

He says that
the proof is that another gun will be better than it, which shows how fundamentally broken his rationale is. Like you said, a better gun doesn't remotely make GH irrelevant. Hell, there are better situational guns in the game right now but the Horn is still the Horn.

Simple rule of thumb for data miners:

Just-the-Facts-Maam.jpg

Yeah, unfortunately "less is more likely" as a general rule but a guy can dream, haha. Just the HUD-less display would still be most appreciated for someone like me who likes to go through saved videos and pull out cool screen shots.

I just figured out where your user name came from. its Humphry Bogart isnt it?

yes, I know thats not bogey in the picture

He says that

If Bungie does do this, it would be a terrible idea.
Outclassing Gjallarhorn with an even more OP weapon is just an ever escalating leap frog of Power Level weapons. It is lazy design and one that only serves to marginalize players who don't have it and all previously released content not tuned to those weapons.

Lnkn52

I'd take it back, it's 420 and that reddit post must be high as f***. Can't blame him for the nonsense he's creating.
Enter Sarcasm

My proof is a bunch of text on a computerscreen. I am trying to find a way to get photos of everything. I will post proof, just not right now. :D

Nero18

Wonder if the new cryptarch will have better drop rates. Most likely just there for convenience but hiding better drop rates behind DLC sounds like something a game developer would do in 2015, maybe not Bungie, but who knows.

LordofPwn

So i cant find the old exotics that were previous listed for House of Wolves. I'm guessing they pulled it from the database momentarily so they can "reveal" them to us on one of those dates.

Also Saturn is a location in the database now. I'm guessing this may be Comet related. There are no listings under saturn currently.

I'm also hoping there are new factions on the reef like the seven seraphs but nothing is listed. they've got that 1 mysterious date, trying to figure out what that will be.

Wonder if the new cryptarch will have better drop rates. Most likely just there for convenience but hiding better drop rates behind DLC sounds like something a game developer would do in 2015, maybe not Bungie, but who knows.

Maybe instead of selling white and green engrams, he'll sell blues and purples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom