• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WipedOut

Luckily i had a bunch of house banners ect. Saved up so i didnt have to hit the farm. Got everything i wanted.

I don't have any at the moment, only 1100 in glimmer. luckily once HoW comes out I won't have to worry about glimmer for awhile. Over 600 Ascendant Shards and 600 Energy and close to 200 Radiant Shards and 200 Radiant Energy.

So far I have spent 61,450 on my hunter gear and 3 spears.

Timur's is my new baby. Love the looks, and it hits so hard! Bought two and got two awesome, totally different rolls.

But to each his own . . .

Timur's is boss if you are a headshot machine. If your aim isn't good, it's not a great weapon.

I have one with Crowd Control, Clown Cartridge, and Field Scout.

Once you start popping heads, it doesn't stop until everything is dead. Does about 2200 crit dmg to red-bar enemies if I remember correctly when CC procs.

Shout out to da Drizzay

Thunderlord #10. Might be the last week I can razz him for this :'(

11149763_10152817212806560_6491250809232687706_o.jpg

hwICdPv.gif

t3IukP7.gif

THEF3AR

As we all know glimmer is in great need right now. There is an easier way to get glimmer.

Do the weekly strike at level 24, and right when you get to the first encounter pop a Black Wax Idol, and Ether Seeds.

You'll make about 3,000-4,000 glimmer. A fellow gaffer told me this method last night and I thought I would share.

Timur's is boss if you are a headshot machine. If your aim isn't good, it's not a great weapon.

Once you start popping heads, it doesn't stop until everything is dead. Does about 2200 crit dmg to red-bar enemies if I remember correctly when CC procs.

That's a good roll! I got Hip Fire/Field Scout/3rd Eye & Clown Cartridge/Perfect Balance/Luck in the Chamber. Pretty psyched to try out both for PVE and PVP.

WipedOut

As we all know glimmer is in great need right now. There is an easier way to get glimmer.

Do the weekly strike at level 24, and right when you get to the first encounter pop a Black Wax Idol, and Ether Seeds.

You'll make about 3,000-4,000 glimmer. A fellow gaffer told me this method last night and I thought I would share.

Do this but don't finish the strike, all you should have to do is wipe before Eris tells you to push forward. It would require a fire team though.

Yay got a Jolders Hammer drop. 1 reroll landed on Void which is the only element I'm missing in a Hammer. Has Hipfire, Field Scout, and Feeding Frenzy. Not crazy about hip for but think I'll save my Motes and hold on to this one.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I got a void Jolder's hammer with aggressive ballistics, rodeo, pefect balance, and feeding frenzy. This is near ideal right? Basically only missing field scout which I see some people prefer perfect balance anyway for this gun.

I may buy both hunter helmets, I'd like to see how much super energy I can get from stacking ashes to asset and inverse shadow on don't touch me.

I am rank 4 now on both my Titan and Warlock.

I need the helmet for my Titan... I don't know if I even want to try for 5. I know the shader is cool and all but I still don't know.

Everyone ready for ToO now after the lag free Iron Banner we had this past weekend!

(/Sarcasm)

Ophelion

I need the helmet for my Titan... I don't know if I even want to try for 5. I know the shader is cool and all but I still don't know.

Everyone ready for ToO now after the lag free Iron Banner we had this past weekend!

(/Sarcasm)

Ugh, seriously. I got my Warlock to 4. I'm good. I'd like the IB cloak for my hunter, but I didn't want it bad enough to put up with that crap again.

Also, a second thank you to Hawkian for the newbie run through Crota's end. Made it seem so by the book. I think I'm gunna have a hilariously different perspective on it when I try to lead a team on that raid of my own people someday...

i upvoted for you but you're wasting your time by posting it on reddit. most people there will just downvote things they don't understand - mapspeak in particular is foreign to many people - so you're not going to find them engaging in that discussion.

I appreciate it. Thanks.

WipedOut

(/Sarcasm)

That was due to the free xbox 360 live weekend

Ghazi

Outlaw/Field Scout/Crowd Control, baby. Best overall hand Cannon imo

Well Crota was a laggy mess today. First two runs went fine, the third run Crota just straight up ignored Ruthless's invisibility. Took us close to an hour I guess?
Thanks for the help anyway, think I'm just gonna stay away from CE HM, not worth the trouble.

Three Crota kills without a single exotic drop it was, I think?

ich00

So I got all my characters to rank 4 to grab the helmet, just to complete the gear set.

The only thing that still annoys me about IB is getting matched against a fire team of 5 or 6 people when I'm in a group of randoms. I get that there probably isn't always full or near full teams in matchmaking at the same time, but it seemed every 3 matches or so my team of single player would face a team, usually didn't make for fun times.

LTWood12

Are the primaries worth it? I still haven't run HM yet

IMO they definitely are. Oversoul Edict is a great arc pulse rifle, and really good against hive knights since it shoots through their shields.

Abyss Defiant a solar auto rifle that's not quite a bullet hose. Has a decent size mag and it stuns hive wizards. It was great for this past week's weekly heroic.

Word of Crota is low impact, but has a fantastic rate of fire. It's great on hive enemies and for any void burn activity.

Fang of Ir Yut is a fantastic Scout Rifle. Not quite Vision of Confluence tier once they're both at the same attack value come HoW, but very good nonetheless.

I'd love to run you through HM sometime Chowder. I can handle the sword fairly well.

Are the primaries worth it? I still haven't run HM yet

Like the others said, the primaries are definitely worth it. Void primaries are scarce as it is, which makes the Word of Crota worth it, and the Fang is just as good as the Vision of Confluence to me.

Just find a Gaf group for some help, I doubt you'll have much trouble completing it even as a first timer. Unless Crota is being a laggy mess, then no one can save you, or themselves.

tUR8Jo5.jpg

So i completed the salvage trophy today, only to discover this:
0G8QiZG.jpg

i need flawless raider, raiding party, and strength of the pack to get my GL card.
anyone down for doing these tomorrow?

Outlaw/Field Scout/Crowd Control, baby. Best overall hand Cannon imo

Damn. That's the roll I was going for but ran out of motes (don't ask how many were spent, it was in the triple digits).

I agree that with that roll, it challenges for the top HC. Still tough with the slow rate of fire in PvP but it wrecks in PvE.

I love the FB but, damn, the impact on the Lash literally makes it a handheld cannon.

Mindlog

A couple of okay perks, but does the increase in filler perks make it mathematically more difficult to get the "perfect" roll? Army of one should be nice since I find myself lost and alone too often.
That was my second thought.
My first thought was, "Why the hell would barrel rifling increase reload times?"

Nori Chan

If I have a pre CE TImur's lash and reroll it, will it have max attack as of now? Or will it still be 300 and I shouldn't waste my time?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Guys what's the point of damage rating of weapons outside of PVE? I can fuck a guy up rocking TLW with the Khostov.

Shoudn't there be a matchmaking system in place to pair those of similar levels so that guns don't have to scale so much?

I would love to be able to have PvP Patrols so we can really show the difference between a maxed out Exotic vs a Rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom