• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakely

Guys what's the point of damage rating of weapons outside of PVE? I can fuck a guy up rocking TLW with the Khostov.

Shoudn't there be a matchmaking system in place to pair those of similar levels so that guns don't have to scale so much?

I would love to be able to have PvP Patrols so we can really show the difference between a maxed out Exotic vs a Rare.

Iron banner uses damage rating of weapons, and armor defense ratings, if that's your thing.

Deku Tree

gIb6PjB.jpg

4TGru69.jpg

JAZydVz.jpg

but when i do, it's always on a GAF team...
anigif_enhanced-buzz-9526-1388768357-33.gif

When your playing with a group of PvP pros they quickly mop up all the easy kills so you get less kills... and also the opposing team if they're decent then they identify you as the weak link and target you which also hurts your k/d.

black stig

Neo Member
well, in hindsight, i don't want to interfere with regular Raid FT activities, so perhaps Wednesday evening may be better?
I'm in the EDT zone, so GMT -4

I'd love a shot at flawless. I'm in the UK, but often on late. Can't do Wednesday though :-(

Good luck if you take a run without me.

Oh. Then should I even bother buying weapons now since that's going to be the case for HoW?

I am buying them right now since you could upgrade all legendary gear and weapons to match HoW light gear so yeah, I could had saved that old IB gear and test it.

Guys what's the point of damage rating of weapons outside of PVE? I can fuck a guy up rocking TLW with the Khostov.

Shoudn't there be a matchmaking system in place to pair those of similar levels so that guns don't have to scale so much?

I would love to be able to have PvP Patrols so we can really show the difference between a maxed out Exotic vs a Rare.

Bungie still cant separate the PVE enviroment from PVP making the pve weapons super viable in PVP and the PVP weapons only viable in IB, without counting their inability to separate the players level in PVP, you shoulnt be allowed to get paired with 30-32 people if you are lv 26 or being able to join IB as a low level if someone invite you.

There should be lv ranks in pvp like 10 to 19, 20 to 29 and finally 30 to 32 instead of just degrading all the gear and weapons damage to be equal to everyone to enter the normal PVP enviroment.

Nori Chan

I am buying them right now since you could upgrade all legendary gear and weapons to match HoW light gear so yeah, I could had saved that old IB gear and test it.

Thanks, just bought the sniper. I asked cause I had a old Jolder's hammer and just got a new one from a random drop and it had the DLC 1 marker showing that it's new. And I was just wondering if that would be case for the second dlc

Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris take level into account.

Thanks, just bought the sniper. I asked cause I had a old Jolder's hammer and just got a new one from a random drop and it had the DLC 1 marker showing that it's new. And I was just wondering if that would be case for the second dlc

The vendor would be upgraded too, not sure if the first weeks because in TDB the IB gear was still vanilla on the first events.

vctor182

Got warlock and hunter to rank 4 to purchase the helmets. I was going to get the sniper and the HC but while playing I got last IB weapons (3 AR and 1 HMG) so I've decided to wait for them to be dropped during next IB. Plus I need to start saving motes, the wolves are coming in 15 days!

GhaleonEB

Prison of Elders reveal week. We're totally getting a teaser tomorrow, if the pattern from the last two reveals hold. I'm more excited for PoE than for anything since Destiny launched.

Can't fault your optimism, Breezy.

Well I mean those perks are fine I guess. But we already have barrels and bullets that do that. Unless it's a huge drastic difference in what they give, in which case.....yeah they could be game changing. But everyone would go for range in PvE because aim isn't all that important in PvE...

Deku Tree

If PoE turns out to be a straight up arena horde mode with random modifiers and waves and loot drops after a certain number of waves then I think DGAF and the Internet is going to implode.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Iron Banner ain't worth it. I can get level 34 gear in a few weeks so I don't see why I should slog through IB for some level 32 stuff. Now if IB was Skirmish or Salvage I'd be way more into it.

If PoE turns out to be a straight up arena horde mode with random modifiers and waves and loot drops after a certain number of waves then I think DGAF and the Internet is going to implode.

That'll be fucking amazing. Actually having guaranteed drops-Make it like that goddamn chest video prerelease where the engram sand glimmer just erupt from that chest-would be fucking fantastic. It'd be like, I get people say 'but it's horde mode already', but repeating missions for nothing is boring as fuuuuck.

Nori Chan

Iron Banner ain't worth it. I can get level 34 gear in a few weeks so I don't see why I should slog through IB for some level 32 stuff. Now if IB was Skirmish or Salvage I'd be way more into it.

I'm doing it just because the gear is like PVP oriented with the perks and that's going to be useful in the ToO

So I just started this again.

I'm level 25.

Never tried Vault of Glass actually in all my play time...

Any groups open for 1 noob to join ?
oh wow! welcome back. you've arguably missed some of the best content in the game! Hawkian runs a new-player Raid every thursday, so keep your eyes open. and from time to time, people will be running VoG, but most of the time, it's on Hard.

oh wow! welcome back. you've arguably missed some of the best content in the game! Hawkian runs a new-player Raid every thursday, so keep your eyes open. and from time to time, people will be running VoG, but most of the time, it's on Hard.

Thanks mate! I'll keep my eyes open for those new-player raids then!

GhaleonEB

Bracing for implosion, myself, but I'm then I'm cautiously optimistic going from the nuggets we've gotten so far. Just knowing it has randomization as a central element (from the Reef reveal) is huge. That alone will give it more replay than a lot of the content in the game.

Atone13

Thanks mate! I'll keep my eyes open for those new-player raids then!

If you're interested in those beginner raids here's the sign up page:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform

I ran both raids for the first time with Hawkian and fellow gaffers, and it was pretty great. It's laid back and everyone was really cool about it. I'd definitely recommend signing up for it you want a good experience your first time through.

Wow, so now we can't even say that we enjoy Iron Banner without a tidal wave of dissension? Well, I still say I had a blast!

Also, anyone need to glimmer farm? I have the CP and need one more run (all done ranking up).

Let me buy this IB shader and I'll join. I won't be talking though. Just got finished cleaning up the garage and just need to zone out.

Impala26

There's a modicum of fun to be had in it, but I'm in agreement with you that Iron Banner should either be a rotating gametype each time (Control, Clash, Skirmish, Salvage, Rumble (lol noep), and Combined Arms) or there should be at least TWO offerings each time it rolls around.

Trakan

Bracing for implosion, myself, but I'm then I'm cautiously optimistic going from the nuggets we've gotten so far. Just knowing it has randomization as a central element (from the Reef reveal) is huge. That alone will give it more replay than a lot of the content in the game.

What if it's just horde mode with a random thing added like a burn in the Nightfall? I don't have a lot of hope for the randomization.

I still don't get why some people want horde when the entire campaign plays like horde mode.

Lothars

mainly reason I played it is for efrideets Spear, I wanted a couple more for each of the other elements and one for pvp.

Wow, so now we can't even say that we enjoy Iron Banner without a tidal wave of dissension? Well, I still say I had a blast!

Also, anyone need to glimmer farm? I have the CP and need one more run (all done ranking up).

Did you fall asleep? Take us down bro.

Edit...I have a nm gorgon. I'll run from there...feel free to join.

Edit 2...Maybe not.

Edit 3...nope. I'll patrol for a bit. Invite when ready.

What if it's just horde mode with a random thing added like a burn in the Nightfall? I don't have a lot of hope for the randomization.

I still don't get why some people want horde when the entire campaign plays like horde mode.

I COVERED THIS EARLIER OKAY!

That'll be fucking amazing. Actually having guaranteed drops-Make it like that goddamn chest video prerelease where the engram sand glimmer just erupt from that chest-would be fucking fantastic. It'd be like, I get people say 'but it's horde mode already', but repeating missions for nothing is boring as fuuuuck.

I hope there's matchmaking. Hopefully it will be a fun PvE mode that GAF will come to like, but if not it's going to be a bitch to find a group to play with.

Just wishing here, but 2 versions would be grand:
  • no matchmaking, higher difficulty scaling and longer time limit
  • matchmaking, with truncated time limit.

There's still the problem of how the difficulty scaling will go. If it's just bullet sponges instead of dynamic/smarter enemy movement in the final waves, it won't be nearly as fun as I'm hoping. I'm expecting a Destiny version of Reach's Firefight, but with hopefully less predictable enemy movement over multiple playthroughs.

Impala26

If it comes anywhere close to Halo 3 ODST's Firefight mode, PoE would be one of, if not THE best end-game activities Destiny has to offer.

vctor182

I was checking the AR's that I got from the IB and this roll is pretty much perfect and I've started leveling

Fboc3Am.jpg

Persistence
Field Scout
Fitted Stock
Hammer Forged
Glass Half Full

Hopefully AR's get a small buff in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom