• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got through 2 lvl30 WHS's MM and frankly, the experience was relatively painless. first one was a bit of an issue, as two of us died a little too often, and the third guy then died a little bit further in. we couldn't get him back up because of the two captains right on top of him, and he left. after another joined, we rolled through it. third experience was smooth as buttah - one guy even had a mic!
ebFG4jcnC1Ny8.gif

Namikaze1

I expect the
Reef Cryptarch to be a dick just like its Tower counterpart.

Also,
is new Xur taking over for Old Xur? I love Old Xur! New Xur better just show up only in the Reef social space if it knows what's good for it...

phen0m24

New Xur probably takes a New Currency now!

Bungie says MUHAHAHAHA!!!

You must complete 3 skilled raids to get a Xurbuck. 3 Xurbucks give you a shot
RNG
at an exotic
NLB
but an equal shot of giving you one strange coin or
ascendant energies.

-griffy-

Banned
Thanks! I was thinking it would matchmake the first time and instead of sending you to orbit, it could just restart the NF with the same team.

I don't know why it doesn't do that now anyways, just restart/reload the entire nightfall. Getting booted all the way to orbit just seems unnecessarily annoying.

E92 M3

I don't know why it doesn't do that now anyways, just restart/reload the entire nightfall. Getting booted all the way to orbit just seems unnecessarily annoying.

Originally, our ships had fuel so we would waste it flying back and forth and it would take ascended fuel shards to refill.

Raybunny

PSN Deathsinger CP + Crota NM fast last run

1. Raybunzy
2. Flying Toaster (CthulhuSars)
3. Rastuppen
4. SlenderBeans

Last 2 spots! Last run.

Axoman

I don't believe the guy that says ghorn will be irrelevant for a few reasons.

1. Bungie prefers to nerf strong weapons, not make weak ones stronger.
2. As others have stated, we've thought Dragon's Breath would replace the horn, or that other weapons on paper would replace it. This hasn't been the case.
3. Even if there is a stronger weapon released, it won't make the ghorn obsolete. The horn would still be the #2 power weapon.

I expect the
Reef Cryptarch to be a dick just like its Tower counterpart.

Also,
is new Xur taking over for Old Xur? I love Old Xur! New Xur better just show up only in the Reef social space if it knows what's good for it...

his name will be
Rahim
and will look like just like
rahool
but with a handle bar mustache

just got through 2 lvl30 WHS's MM and frankly, the experience was relatively painless. first one was a bit of an issue, as two of us died a little too often, and the third guy then died a little bit further in. we couldn't get him back up because of the two captains right on top of him, and he left. after another joined, we rolled through it. third experience was smooth as buttah - one guy even had a mic!
ebFG4jcnC1Ny8.gif

Told you it wasn't too bad. I'd rather run a ROC train with friends, and leave the WHS to those times when my friend's list is a ghost town.

Mindlog

It has been raining exotics at an almost frightening rate. A Legendary engram turned into yet another truth. In nearly(if not) back-to-back Roc strikes I got another 4th Horseman and Monte Carlo. Also got the last ship I wanted.

Best ships.
1.) Scorpio Miracle
2.) Atlanta's Hunt
The Real #1: Fermi Solution

Anyone else prepping and hoarding rank-up opportunities for the next DLC?

I've gotten most of my faction ranks just under a level-up rollover on two of my three characters. I plan on getting them all juuuuust a bounty away from getting a package.

I'm out of stuff to dump XP into, too, so I'm saving postmaster packages. I can open them all at once and rapidly level-up any new armor I get post-DLC.
I fully expect it not to matter because I'm ready this time around.
My alts don't have Crucible 3 and probably never will. I level Dead Orbit on all of my characters to get more ships so that won't be ready. However every other faction will be within 100 points of rolling over and I should have 200/150+ marks on all of my characters when the new expansion hits. I also have 18 Public Event packages waiting to be opened on each character.

these two are almost identical: Outlaw, Send It, and Firefly
xyuMyIs.jpg
DZSUeTY.jpg
this one has Rodeo, Explosive Rounds/Armor Piercing, and Firefly
8BiqctM.jpg
outlaw, HCR/ER/Custom Optics, Rangefinder
hJQcoDC.jpg

tempted to dismantle this one: Outlaw, High Caliber Rounds/Send It/Flared Magwell, Third Eye
z66SwLV.jpg

RNG gives me some noice SRs... if only i could get GH one of these days, though.

I hope HoW doesn't continue the tradition of adding new random currencies to replace old ones or start new economies. All it does is further the notion the game has terrible design and little forsight for longterm progression.

If they are worried about currency inflation, they need to add more meaningful sinks. Let us spend coins, motes, Ass mats and Commendations on other things. Have a currency trading system and add some gambling sinks.

How about Legendary re-rolls at the Gunsmith.

E92 M3

The majority of the population does not have too much of a single currency. People still budget coins and ascended energies. I don't think Bungie should worried about that. Let us actually use the currency we have.

GhaleonEB

I just hope I can access all of the new vendors in the Reef. Being locked out of 4 of the 5 weapon vendors in the Tower because I don't play Crucible really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom