• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Got kicked while raiding. I'm sure Raybunny saw his life flash before his eyes when Crota lunged at him with like 5% of his shield left. That last rocket saved his life.

Also, still waiting for that post...
CESTsOsW0AA3CCS.png:orig

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 5/7 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (3 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday- 5/10 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (3 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.[/QUOTE]

Thrak360

Neo Member
Prison of Elders has matchmaking for NM, but not for HM. Thoughts? Seems like a good balance depending on how the modes are different.

I'll be excited for PoE to have matchmaking. Sounds like reward levels will differ between normal and hard PoE. I'm going to guess that only the hard mode will have the good gear drops and etheric material.

So in that respect, normal PoE might not even be considered an "endgame" activity. Is heroic weekly considered "endgame"? If not, then I haven't done any endgame stuff yet. lol

noomi

Alright! Sent out a bunch of invites.

It shows up in the upper right corner of twitch where you see those small lines, need to click on that and then accept the invite.

Let me know, if anyone else needs in :)

*edit*

Here's a quick screen grab for anyone having an issue:

LTWood12

Matchmaking or not, I want DGaf on my team when the shit hits the fan.

I'm calling it now:
Normal PoE: Level 32
Hard PoE: Level 35

Really hope I'm wrong.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

I'm calling it now:

Really hope I'm wrong.
Hmm, I think I'd like Hard to by Level 34. I want it to be hard due to enemy numbers, not bullet spongeness. Though a few 35s thrown in would be cool.

Atone13

I'm calling it now:

Really hope I'm wrong.

I kinda hope you're wrong as well, because at the rate I'm acquiring radiant shards I won't be able to hit 32 before HoW drops.

I've often had to wait, especially before I got the raid boots for my characters. If you're playing with two people against Crota, synth five rockets, shoot him with four and then wipe, you'll either need to wait for another synth or just suck it up and do the glitch.

On Hard Mode, where generally there are more people present, that becomes less of an issue.
Oh right, hard mode. I stopped playing it once I got Word of Crota, just seems like beating your head against the unnecessarily reinforced wall.

Nah, Destiny needs more squid based armor and items.
LCBh0.gif

boofa

Neo Member

It shows up in the upper right corner of twitch where you see those small lines, need to click on that and then accept the invite.

*edit*

boofa_2001

*edit*

Can you access this from the phone app? (iOS)

And when does it start?

*edit*

I want an invite: twitch name: Darrylmr

*edit*

Haven't receive an invite.

And when does it start?

There is an app for Android, should be one for ios too.

Also, 20 minutes.

*edit*

SolidSnakeUS

noomi

And when does it start?

Starts in about 23min, and you should be able to view the bungie stream from the app, not sure about the chat though

boofa_2001

I want an invite: twitch name: Darrylmr

SolidSnakeUS

sent!

Haven't receive an invite.

There is an app for Android, should be one for ios too.

Also, 20 minutes.

Sent to DjRuthles, or is it DJRuthless?

Axoman

But I like shooting rockets, bunches of them and I use a hand cannon with no extra ammo, takes like 30 seconds to do

I can vouch for this. Even if we have a full team, he shoots 4 rockets per down just to be safe.

I think you just like to shoot your ghorn.

Messiek

*edit*

Me! Me!
Messiek_
thx : )

*edit*

Alright, let me in.

figadapaura

WipedOut

I can vouch for this. Even if we have a full team, he shoots 4 rockets per down just to be safe.

I think you just like to shoot your ghorn.

Well I do have 3 of them!

And Lima (Ned) one of the main reasons we always do the heavy ammo glitch on HM Crota is because as we all know Crota doesn't always comply, he does annoying things as you and I have both seen in a game together and can attest to. (Like standing straight up and killing you)

Lima

Well I do have 3 of them!

And Lima (Ned) one of the main reasons we always would do the heavy ammo glitch is because as we all know Crota doesn't always comply, he does annoying things as you and I have both been in a game and can attest to. (Like standing straight up and killing you)

Hmm the last two times everyone was quite relieved that someone wasn't there and we could all just pop heavy ammo packs.

It is annoying and ridiculous. Pop a fucking pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom