• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Thanks for looking! It will make his day when I tell him tomorrow. He did the abyss too, but I didn't save that.

The best part was when he beat the first ogre, he looks at me and starts telling me about how his heart is racing. It was a totally new sensation for him, and to watch him experience that was awesome.

Your 6 year old is as good at Destiny as I am...possibly better.

Impressive.

Namikaze1

I don't have enough motes for the cloak!

Glee1.gif

Karl2177

I've received quite a few faction/Crucible weapons as Vanguard drops, so at least there's that.

• Red Hand IX
  • Venation III
  • The Calling
  • Broken Truth-LR1 (x2)
  • Prestige IV
  • TFWPKY 1969
  • Valedictorian 9-44

Haven't touched PvP in a long time, and I never got a weapon drop from playing it.

What I think is strange is how the only way to obtain certain guns is from random drops. I have 4 Prudence IIs, all of which were Nightfall drops. Why don't the faction vendors cycle through these things on a longer timer? If you make the cycle too short, then by the time players see the new item, they might not have enough currency to buy it before it is gone(guns cost 150 marks with a 100 mark/week cap means 2 grindy weeks to get it). With the current situation, it is too long and there's no incentive to revisit them after you've obtained what you need.

If I had it the way I want it, Faction vendors would change their supply every 3-4 weeks. This change in supply would also change what rolls the guns and armor have. You can go for a gamble with the rank-up package for something that isn't in stock. They would also take either Crucible or Vanguard Marks, but you'd have to pay all in one currency. Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters would have an exchange for their marks, so if I have 10 Crucible Marks I can go to the Vanguard Quartermaster and trade those 10 Crucible Marks in for 10 Vanguard Marks. The transition wouldn't count towards the weekly Vanguard Mark limit.

Impala26

What? At 165 Marks for a weapon, and an average of 2.5 Marks per match, that's 66 matches.

Okay, short/no-time by your typical Destiny player's standards.
You do 3 to 5 matches a night, each less than 10 minutes and in about two weeks you're there. Obviously even shorter if you play more Crucible.

But there should be more of an INCENTIVE to play Crucible in the first place. Honestly I typically end up just turning either kind of mark for planetary materials pretty often. Karl's suggestions about the vendors is on the right track though. Hopefully Bungie implements more things like that come HoW and Comet.

For Christ's sake do they need some sort of Ascendant Shards/Energy exchange like Eris has for the Radiant Shards/Energy.

Homeboyd

But there should be more of an INCENTIVE to play Crucible in the first place.
Rewards for crucible matches are hilariously bad. When a roc strike can take 1/3 the time and yield guaranteed blues and sometimes legendaries and exotics, to play an entire pvp match, which is bad enough, and not get a single reward... it's just. Not good.

Should give a guaranteed 1-2 blues EVERY match. Throw in coins, motes, random legendary and exotic guns and gear, glimmer packages, consumables.. whatever. But Jesus it's so terrible right now. Definitely, definitely not worth playing it... even if it was fun.

Impala26

is there any other way to earn crucible marks other than
3 for win 2 for loss. seems low especially being there are tons of ways to get vangaurd marks in the game

I'll give you folks that.
It should probably be more like:

5 marks for win
3 marks for loss

EDIT: What I said plus this:

Rewards for crucible matches are hilariously bad. When a roc strike can take 1/3 the time and yield guaranteed blues and sometimes legendaries and exotics, to play an entire pvp match, which is bad enough, and not get a single reward... it's just. Not good.

Should give a guaranteed 1-2 blues EVERY match. Throw in coins, motes, random legendary and exotic guns and gear, glimmer packages, consumables.. whatever. But Jesus it's so terrible right now. Definitely, definitely not worth playing it... even if it was fun.

Your 6 year old is as good at Destiny as I am...possibly better.

Impressive.

Thanks! I kind of feel weird that I let him play, but since I decided that our 9 year old was old enough, there was no way I could stop the younger one. Luckily he's killing aliens to protect the solar system, so that makes it better.

is there any other way to earn crucible marks other than
3 for win 2 for loss. seems low especially being there are tons of ways to get vangaurd marks in the game

Bounties probably help, but until recently, most of them were out of my league. 10 headshot streaks and what-not. Plus my inventory is almost always bursting with Vanguard bounties for the XP, and Exotic bounties that I'm trying to complete naturally without grinding.

Thanks! I kind of feel weird that I let him play, but since I decided that our 9 year old was old enough, there was no way I could stop the younger one. Luckily he's killing aliens to protect the solar system, so that makes it better.

Bounties probably help, but until recently, most of them were out of my league. 10 headshot streaks and what-not. Plus my inventory is almost always bursting with Vanguard bounties for the XP, and Exotic bounties that I'm trying to complete naturally without grinding.

hudson, I suck at this too. The most kills I have ever gotten in any game was about 15. with a k/d ratio about .73. if it wasnt for assists I would never have completed the invective bounty. Im just not quick enuogh or know the tricks to be good at it. in crucivble I feel like the translator in Saving private ryan. I am just running. and If I come around the corner and here is someone there I panic and I am dead before I can ready my gun lol

hudson, I suck at this too. The most kills I have ever gotten in any game was about 15. with a k/d ratio about .73. if it wasnt for assists I would never have completed the invective bounty. Im just not quick enuogh or know the tricks to be good at it. in crucivble I feel like the translator in Saving private ryan. I am just running. and If I come around the corner and here is someone there I panic and I am dead before I can ready my gun lol

I am horrible at PvP. A lot of it is weapons though. At least how I have experienced PvP this past week.

Axoman

With the way the crucible rewards are, I really think Bungie thought that crucible would encompass the majority of playtime for people like Halo MP did. Because of that, they didn't want it dropping good stuff at a high rate.

Sure, there are people that love crucible and spend most of their time in it, but for people like me that don't enjoy it, the rewards are terrible and it's extremely painful for me to even want to complete exotic bounties that require crucible play.

I think the crucible RNG is unfair and crap.

I had a K/D of less than 1 and I had 14 deaths and I was given a legendary engram... someone else had 25 kills and was given nothing.

To top it off my engram ends up being the Knucklehead Radar. So I get an exotic for being shitty and I will take it without complaint but its unfair to my team members who did much better.

I've completed the Invective Bounty twice, both times in around 2 or 3 rumble matches. Dat Pocket Infinity yo

shermas

I think the crucible RNG is unfair and crap.

I had a K/D of less than 1 and I had 14 deaths and I was given a legendary engram... someone else had 25 kills and was given nothing.

To top it off my engram ends up being the Knucklehead Radar. So I get an exotic for being shitty and I will take it without complaint but its unfair to my team members who did much better.

I usually love FPS. I played COD/Halo/etc and it's amazing to me how much I despise the Crucible. Just the idea of playing a Crucible match makes me uncomfortable. The exotic bounties have NO business having Crucible requirements and I hate being, essentially, locked out from some of the vendors.

I've played Destiny over 300 hours, I think... maybe close to 400 and I have, I'm about 90% sure, less than 50 Crucible marks.

I realize there's a learning curve and maybe I haven't played the mode a great deal, but the co-op/strikes/raids are SO MUCH BETTER. I'd rather do the Omnigul strike over and over than be subjected to running around, panicking, not getting enough head shots in, etc. It's madness.

mfn_pie

Looking to raid with my Warlock tonight when I get home from work around 1130-midnight eastern. Currently at 28, need mats and gauntlets to get higher.

Sofa King

Would be nice if they would just add a "share all weapons" option for your characters. No need to vault to move between characters, just load up another character and all the weapons you had before are on the next one that loads.

Yeah I still need a NF, adding you now
Thanks for carrying me. Unfortunately, I'm a dummy so I neglected to switch over to my warlock that still needed the run. 😩

Thanks so much for your time and help though. Still good for another run if anyone still has to do a nightfall or the raids.

Jafo_

I was just thinking, if Bungie was Epic, they would have patched out the shotguns from Gears to be only a support weapon. Yes, Epic did not want the shotguns to be so prominent in the beginning but they went with the flow. Bungie would have just nerfed until nobody uses them.

Epic noticed how the game was played and went with the community while still adding their own touches, but Bungie always does how they want without thinking what the community wants. The prime example was the much unneeded nerf to ARs recently. Now the weapon class is nearly nonexistent. All they did was switch ARs and Pulse Rifles around.

It just comes down to where Bungie doesn't like when we have "unauthorized fun." I really hope that mentality changes completely for the next big expansion. We'll how much grinding they cut out of HoW.

And their reasoning behind said nerf was beyond ridiculous.
Bungie: Hey our data shows most of the crucible players are using only auto rifles, show a data screen with the majority of kill by auto rifle... from the week of the Iron Banner!?!

Egad, IB had the same damned auto rifle head shot bounty from the 1st IB! no shit your data is showing that, sheesh.

Ganhyun

Bungie: Hey our data shows most of the crucible players are using only auto rifles, show a data screen with the majority of kill by auto rifle... from the week of the Iron Banner!?!

Egad, IB had the same damned auto rifle head shot bounty from the 1st IB! no shit your data is showing that, sheesh.

Get your logic outta here. Bungie don't need no logic :p

But I agree, when you have the same bounty over and over (headshots with an auto-rifle) being surprised that auto-rifles are being used by most people is kinda stupid. But, considering how they have handled alot of things with Destiny, is that all that shocking?

Face palmed so hard at this. I only used auto rifles for PvP during iron banner. I expect it was the same for alot of other players. If not for that stupid bounty I would've still been using HCs and/or my Vex Mythoclast.

If they did a review now they'd see the top weapons being hand cannons and pulse rifles most likely.

Face palmed so hard at this. I only used auto rifles for PvP during iron banner. I expect it was the same for alot of other players. If not for that stupid bounty I would've still been using HCs and/or my Vex Mythoclast.

What I think is strange is how the only way to obtain certain guns is from random drops. I have 4 Prudence IIs, all of which were Nightfall drops. Why don't the faction vendors cycle through these things on a longer timer? If you make the cycle too short, then by the time players see the new item, they might not have enough currency to buy it before it is gone(guns cost 150 marks with a 100 mark/week cap means 2 grindy weeks to get it). With the current situation, it is too long and there's no incentive to revisit them after you've obtained what you need.

If I had it the way I want it, Faction vendors would change their supply every 3-4 weeks. This change in supply would also change what rolls the guns and armor have. You can go for a gamble with the rank-up package for something that isn't in stock. They would also take either Crucible or Vanguard Marks, but you'd have to pay all in one currency. Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters would have an exchange for their marks, so if I have 10 Crucible Marks I can go to the Vanguard Quartermaster and trade those 10 Crucible Marks in for 10 Vanguard Marks. The transition wouldn't count towards the weekly Vanguard Mark limit.
Yeah, vendor stock needs to be rotated for sure. 3-4 weeks seems totally appropriate and a reasonable amount of time for someone to be able to purchase what is being sold.

Flash sales would be pretty cool, too. Vendors need a serious overhaul.

yep stuff like these are why i'm glad i've left this game. bungie's got everything backwards and it's painfully obvious to everyone except them.

GutZ31

So what Exotic do you Hunters out there like using in the Crucible?

Depends on what kind of crucible. Anything where you can revive, use Crest of Alpha Lupi.
If you mean weapons, thats even more subjective.

I would suggest Radiant Dance Machines if you just want a better chance at dodging a few shots while aiming down sights, but over all, I would pick Mask of the Third Man for blade dancer, and the Symbiote helm for golden gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom