• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does glimmer drop in these activities? (haven't noticed).

Do glimmer drop consumables work in these activities?

Not seen any drop from majors as standard. I'm gonna guess that it'll be like the bulk of the raids and no exp / glimmer to be earned during it. To prevent people farming of course! So annoying.

Lost count of the amount of new names I'm seeing in here today. Normally I would be all for the new faces but it seems like drive by trolling.

Frenden

Banned
I'm still excited for PoE and the new weapon reroll and aetheric upgrade systems.

I just think this stream isn't showcasing it well. And Broman's screaming is nails on a chalkboard.

So how do rewards work? I'm not trying to guage the difficulty because the presenters couldn't get past Restoration. I just think it's an odd choice to not give out rewards upon clearing rooms. Bungie has been good at dangling the carrots. Then again, it might have taken us 10mins to clear what I watched for a half hour.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Yeah people complaining about CE raid not being good, how do you feel now?

Amazing.

CE is still not good, and this is a significantly better activity that requires knowledge of weapons, loadouts, synergy, and combat effectiveness.

This expansion makes CE look like it was developed by Bungie's E team.

raindoc

Man I wish the PoE would rewards every time you clear a room or in room 3 and room 5, doing all of things for one drop is kinda nuts

What are the drops and how many times a week can I get one per character (hope dies last)?

Fake EDIT: I'm reading "forced underleveling". You'd need NASA tech to measure the speed with which my adamantium-hard nerd-boner just went flaccid.

I'm fine with he no checkpoints or loot til the end.

But on this one they have played the same 2 rooms twice so far that isn't new content it's the same thing with different modifiers.

Just think you will have to do this 3 times with each character that's 15 cells but you won't be of which most will be the same.

It's just grinding in a new space.

The side arm looks really cool tho

This is really my only issue with PoE as shown.

Don't know why you folks are getting so salty... I mean, what were you expecting exactly?

The bitching about checkpoints in making me laugh too... both forms of Halo Firefight had NOTHING like checkpoints.

Would rather play this than a "new" raid that'd be basically Scrota 2.0.

Halo firefight didn't have loot and rewards beyond bragging rights attached to it. Correct me if I'm wrong. You get dropped there who cares? There is loot and gear attached to this mode so to be penalized if life happens or you get disconnected is garbage. I don't understand what people don't get about this?

You'd still have to finish all the CPs to get rewards... I'm not seeing the problem here.

Plus, as someone above this mentioned, what happens when everyone gets an animal disconnect on the last round of the 5th thing?

Edit: Can you imagine if this is how raids worked? Lots and lots of people only play every week because they get the Gorgon/Atheon/DS checkpoints. Having to do the FULL raids 3x every week would decimate the week-to-week player base.

It probably wasn't intended to be that way to be honest. THe only reason saving checkpoints works week through week is not because it's intended by Bungie, but because someone can sit in the actual area while the reset timer ticks over, and wala they have a checkpoint.
I mean, do you really think Bungie wanted people to save Gorgon checkpoints so they can get 2 free chests of loot without even trying?

And in WoW, people can't *save* checkpoints if they want loot from a boss again without extending the lockout before a boss, meaning that they lose the possible loot they could grab from bosses already downed.

Guys, it's fine. In a couple of months when they've gathered enough feedback they'll change a lot of things. I have a strong feeling the checkpoint system will be changed, and the rewards system. Someone already mentioned this but people are just going to farm the last checkpoint so you can get the rewards faster, instead of having to do the entire thing.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

That's the problem. It should have this stuff AT launch. Like is anyone at Bungie capable of extrapolating community behaviour?

It's like amateur hour

Raybunny

Ok so 1 run of VoG HM ( from oracles) + 1 run Crota HM ( from DS) and I get:

Monte Carlo
Preadyth's Timepiece
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Vex Mythoclast
Aspect of Glass
The last word
Word of Crota
Hard light
Hezen Vengeance
S13's Graverobber

With Mani, Nooblet, TiersofBlood, Rbson and everyday math.

Still no 4th Horseman. oh boy... Nemesis.
20150506212130.jpg

20150506212138.jpg

20150506212150.jpg

Deku Tree

The worst parts of Destiny were huge swarms of enemies in a tiny enclosed space... I am thinking of the wakening mission final room... PoE looks like nothing but huge swarms of enemies in a tiny enclosed space.

Rainmaker

Banned
I really think this will be fun with friends. It's just that this isn't a great way to showcase it. I'm kind of excited about not haing to gather a group for raids with the chance of playing with unlikable or uncooperative people. I at least have two friends that play. There's a lot about this DLC I'm hyped for.

Amazing.

CE is still not good, and this is a significantly better activity that requires knowledge of weapons, loadouts, synergy, and combat effectiveness.

This expansion makes CE look like it was developed by Bungie's E team.

From the team that brough you Omnigul and Deathsinger boss encounter design

What are the drops and how many times a week can I get one per character (hope dies last)?

Fake EDIT: I'm reading "forced underleveling". You'd need NASA tech to measure the speed with which my adamantium-hard nerd-boner just went flaccid.

Is supposed to give you loot all after you clear all five rooms

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Halo firefight didn't have loot and rewards beyond bragging rights attached to it. Correct me if I'm wrong. You get dropped there who cares? There is loot and gear attached to this mode so to be penalized if life happens or you get disconnected is garbage.

Are you playing the game to have fun or to just collect 1's & 0's?

All this needs is a scoring mechanic and leader boards. That will bring out the competitive spirit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i love how broman just leaves cursed thralls unharmed for his teammates to deal with later lol this fucking guy

all this yelling and he cant tell his teammates where the fuck the wizards and knights are

stb

It probably wasn't intended to be that way to be honest. THe only reason saving checkpoints works week through week is not because it's intended by Bungie, but because someone can sit in the actual area while the reset timer ticks over, and wala they have a checkpoint.
I mean, do you really think Bungie wanted people to save Gorgon checkpoints so they can get 2 free chests of loot without even trying?

And in WoW, people can't *save* checkpoints if they want loot from a boss again without extending the lockout before a boss, meaning that they lose the possible loot they could grab from bosses already downed.

I don't mean only checkpoint preservation week to week, I mean being able to play with my group through CE once, saving the DS CP, finishing Crota, then doing DS/Crota 2x more.

I'm sure they didn't intend the week-to-week CP keeping, but being able to go to orbit or quit and resume without wasting 50 minutes for 3 people is critical.

100% chance they fix this, or no one's going to play it.

Honestly at the end of the day what is ultimately saving this game is the community. If you have friends to play with it is amazing.

No amount of black magic or animal sacrifice would save this game from the fans. Bungie and Activision hyped the shit out of Destiny. The starving masses are quite the lynch mob and and at the end of the day either you are happy or you are not.

I play the game soley because of DGAF. It has interesting mechanics but if you actually looked at the game for what it is... it is too ambitious in scope and each time an expansion is released it is already ridiculed and deemed not worthy before any of us play it.

Bladelaw

Not seen any drop from majors as standard. I'm gonna guess that it'll be like the bulk of the raids and no exp / glimmer to be earned during it. To prevent people farming of course! So annoying.

Lost count of the amount of new names I'm seeing in here today. Normally I would be all for the new faces but it seems like drive by trolling.

A lot of "new" names are folks that put the game down after Crota and played Wait and See with HoW. The waiy I'm reading the feedback is that this gametype isn't providing enough "new" to bring the lapsed players back for any length of time. There's already several glaring issues with PoE folks have pointed out after watching for just over an hour.

Why no intermediary loot every x waves/rounds?
Lack of proper checkpoints make it a worse grind than raids.
Take the worst public event type (stop boss from getting to point x) and feature it in this mode.
Artificial difficulty (over leveled enemies) over interesting encounter design.

I can't comment on the rewards yet but I haven't had much reason to put faith in Bungie lately.

Are you playing the game to have fun or to just collect 1's & 0's?

All this needs is a scoring mechanic and leader boards. That will bring out the competitive spirite.

I'm playing it to do both and getting rewards for my time is why I continue to play this game. It's rewarding. You gonna sit there and tell me you play "just cuz"? Come on now.

Another I like is the 3-man teams. I feel like in the raids, weaker players can just hide behind stronger players, i.e. Kadey soloing Crota while 5 dudes sit back and wait to collect loot.

With teams of 3, everyone will have to hold it down, or the squad won't advance. Personally, I like the added pressure. Same with Trials of Osiris. Imagine the intensity of being the last man standing knowing it's all on you and everyone is watching?

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I'm playing it to do both and getting rewards for my time is why I continue to play this game. It's rewarding. You gonna sit there and tell me you play "just cuz"? Come on now.

No, I play because I enjoy the combat and RPG elements within the shooter environment. I enjoy collecting loot because it modifies the combat. This game is significantly better with multiple exotics to play around with that alter gameplay such as Obsidian Mind, Helm of St. 14, Bad JuJu, Don't Touch Me, etc.

I play the game for the combat. I collect the gear to modify the combat.

I was really hoping for randomly generated content, with new bosses and new boss mechanics. Like progressing through a random prison cell block, the rooms switch up everytime and every few cells is a boss cell that has a unique boss with some gimmick like relics or templar teleporting or even liturgy. Add skulls as you progress through it until you get to the main big bad of the cellblock.

Not just firefight. Except it's not firefight, now it has objectives. But wait! Instead of getting different arenas like Halo Reach or ODST you play in the same goddamn arena.

I'll give it a go, but my expectations are beyond low and Destiny will go on the back burner until the next raid drops. And if I have to pay again for a singular raid, I don't know if I will come back.

Yeah people complaining about CE raid not being good, how do you feel now?
I enjoyed Crota's End. It has good mechanics, cheeses aside. VoG too. The raids are great! Templar is a little slow, oracles should be cut in half and the waves take a little long. But the raids so far are great and I can't believe we're getting another iteration of Firefight with worse AI than that of Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom