• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
aww shoot, now i feel badly about the little jibe i included in my post. :(
seriously, lmk when you do salvage again - i really like that game mode!

LOL...don't feel bad. I did some ghost hunting tonight just so I could post my GL screen shot while you were doing your flawless run. It was totally a race...I just tripped right before crossing the finish line

GutZ31

Are there any PS3 players here?

OfjDnnr.png

Come to the next level, we don't bite!

Hope you find some ps3ers :(

Has this gone on sale through Deals with Gold on Xbone yet?

The Amazon price currently is tempting, but I'd much rather have a digital copy.

I'm trying to get into Warframe, but I really think Destiny will satisfy the itch I'm looking to scratch more. That itch being shoot stuff, get loot rinse repeat.

After finally watching the poe stream i have lost all will to grind in prep. None of it matters. You have to play the 32 version to get the ability to get to 33-34. And since we didnt see the reward screen i dont know how many armor cores we are going to get.

XenoRaven

Joining you Kadey. Just a heads up that I've only done this twice and one was a carry, so I'm not super familiar with it yet.

Basically I know I hide in a room downstairs and shoot rockets at Crota.

Zoidberg

After finally watching the poe stream i have lost all will to grind in prep. None of it matters. You have to play the 32 version to get the ability to get to 33-34. And since we didnt see the reward screen i dont know how many armor cores we are going to get.

I'd say 1 core per week. The forbes guy said he got a piece of 32 light armor, a fusion rifle and 1 armor core from the 32 version. With an ascended exotic, it would take 3-4 weeks to 34 with only cores - depending on what armor pieces the guy sells. With some luck in nightfalls and trials you might have some etheric light to get up earlier. I'm probably going to use any spare light getting any decent elemental weapon up to 365. From the looks of it, you will need at least one of each element in every slot given the amount of shields.

Praise be to Saint 14. Blind bubbles look like they will be amazing for defusing mines and even the target objective. Quickest way to do the kill target public event is bubble on top of the mob and blind them, then unload with a shotgun while it stumbles around.

I'd say 1 core per week. The forbes guy said he got a piece of 32 light armor, a fusion rifle and 1 armor core from the 32 version. With an ascended exotic, it would take 3-4 weeks to 34 with only cores - depending on what armor pieces the guy sells. With some luck in nightfalls and trials you might have some etheric light to get up earlier. I'm probably going to use any spare light getting any decent elemental weapon up to 365. From the looks of it, you will need at least one of each element in every slot given the amount of shields.

Praise be to Saint 14. Blind bubbles look like they will be amazing for defusing mines and even the target objective. Quickest way to do the kill target public event is bubble on top of the mob and blind them, then unload with a shotgun while it stumbles around.

Wait, what are these armor cores? I missed a lot of the stuff today. Are they ascendant bubbles like on the guns? If I get one per toon and shift all three to one character, can I get to 34 on week one with an exotic?

Zoidberg

Wait, what are these armor cores? I missed a lot of the stuff today. Are they ascendant bubbles like on the guns? If I get one per toon and shift all three to one character, can I get to 34 on week one with an exotic?

Cores are used to purchase the 34 light armor and weapons from the fallen vendor in the reef. You get 1 armor core from the 32 PoE, 1 weapon core from 34 PoE and 1 of each for 35 PoE. The vendor rotates 1 piece of armor and 1 weapon each week.

Edit: This guy

Variks_le_Loyal_2.png

Cores are used to purchase the 34 light armor and weapons from the fallen vendor in the reef. You get 1 armor core from the 32 PoE, 1 weapon core from 34 PoE and 1 of each for 35 PoE. The vendor rotates 1 piece of armor and 1 weapon each week.

Thanks for that, I had no idea either. I'm guessing this is in addition to Marks for gear?

Zoidberg

Thanks for that, I had no idea either. I'm guessing this is in addition to Marks for gear?

You can use marks to purchase max 32 light gear or 331 weapons from vanguard/crucible/faction vendors. Any gear purchased in HoW will start at 32 light or 331 damage, they have had all damage/armor bubbles removed and only have the perks to level. If you use an etheric light (possible drop from nightfall, trials, IB and guaranteed from 34/35 PoE) you can ascend that 32 light gear up to 34 or a 331 weapon up to 365.

The only way to get base 34 gear, or 365 weapons, is through these cores or the top tier trials gear.

Getting to 34 for someone who doesn't frequent a discussion board of some sort would be pretty confusing.

Depending on how rare etheric light is, it may take just as long to get to 34 the PoE/Trials way as it would to just wait it out and ascend what ever gear you want to.

Edit: This guy

Variks_le_Loyal_2.png

I'm not in a hurry to pokemon that stuff, I thought you meant that the cores could be used to bring any gear to 34. Did they say how we will upgrade CE and VoG gear to 34?

Edit... ^ preemptive post above. I hope the e-light will be plentiful. I have a lot of stuff to ascend, and would get bored real fast if it's one or two pieces per week.

ocean

Banned
I'm not in a hurry to pokemon that stuff, I thought you meant that the cores could be used to bring any gear to 34. Did they say how we will upgrade CE and VoG gear to 34?
Cores are the currency used to but gear from the PoE guy. His guns are sold at 365 and his armor at 42 Light right off the bat, no need to ascend.

Ascending old Legendaries like our CE/VoG set will be done using a consumable called Etheric Light, which apparently has a chance at dropping as a reward during PoE, ToO, IB and maybe NF.

Zoidberg

Edit... ^ preemptive post above. I hope the e-light will be plentiful. I have a lot of stuff to ascend, and would get bored real fast if it's one or two pieces per week.

I'm interested to see how much drops when it does. Like if I'm getting etheric light as a reward for the nightfall, 1 will be a shit reward. But if it were to drop 3 or more, and someone got lucky the first week they could be 34 straight away. I doubt Bungie would be keen on that happening.

I'm interested to see how much drops when it does. Like if I'm getting etheric light as a reward for the nightfall, 1 will be a shit reward. But if it were to drop 3 or more, and someone got lucky the first week they could be 34 straight away. I doubt Bungie would be keen on that happening.

Yeah I'm wondering that too. Thanks for the super helpful explanation.

Nori Chan

I think I might have to wait off on my solo flawless raid through Crota. I'll wait til Fatebringer/Ice Breaker/Black Hammer/Baller horn are all maxed out before I start a run.

Well, each Arena HM gives an Etheric Light. And not only that, but I believe through the Reddit QA it's been revealed that completing each Arena nets you 3 chests. So it seems Bungie is becoming more lenient with rewards.

GutZ31

I think I might have to wait off on my solo flawless raid through Crota. I'll wait til Fatebringer/Ice Breaker/Black Hammer/Baller horn are all maxed out before I start a run.

You mean when Crota can be taken down in one sword swing?

Should be pretty easy to down Crota with the extra levels.

Zoidberg

Well, each Arena HM gives an Etheric Light. And not only that, but I believe through the Reddit QA it's been revealed that completing each Arena nets you 3 chests. So it seems Bungie is becoming more lenient with rewards.

I suppose its the equivalent of a guaranteed 365 weapon or 34 light piece of armor of your choice, so it is still a decent reward. Actually looking at it that way, an etheric light would be the best nightfall reward, even if it's only one.

MildSoss

Trying to get that ghost hunter trophy is so damn boring. :(

I also thought I had my relic hunter trophy done but I guess I missed a few as well, I guess Guardian Lord will have to wait till next month or when ever Bungie decides to give us Salvage again.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Does anyone know what that place in Venus with the upwards light tunnel is meant to be?

It's following an entrance in a wall by the conflux guarded by two Axis Minotaurs.

I don't think that area's ever used.

EDIT: The place is called the citadel.

ich00

FLAWLESS!!!! GUARDIAN LOOOOORD!!!!!!!!

thanks to these awesome guys

1. rasengan1337
2. moridhin
3. smallwind
4. mild soss
5. Gutz31
6. ich00

Congrats to everyone who got their guardian lordship! That was a real fun run. I can't wait to see the pic with all those orbs we generated.

ocean

Banned
Trying to get that ghost hunter trophy is so damn boring. :(

I also thought I had my relic hunter trophy done but I guess I missed a few as well, I guess Guardian Lord will have to wait till next month or when ever Bungie decides to give us Salvage again.
The Ghost finding website http://destinyghosthunter.net makes it so much easier.

You tap your PSN/GT and it shows you which you're missing by planet. It also has short (10 second) YouTube embeds showing exact location and they're listed in an easy to follow order so you can backtrack as little as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom