• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There won't be a reason to run crota at all, unless you're looking for mats.

For the players who have all exotics and raid gear, what reason is there to run raids, esp Crota; aside from mats for glimmer/motes? The new HoW exotics won't drop from VoG or CE.

I'll run VoG because it's fun but CE will be irrelevant.

Well, I'm still missing most of CE's weapons, so I'll still run it for mats and weapons. Though once I get Fang of Ir Yut and enough mats to upgrade it I may do it less and less.

Namikaze1

Can't wait for HoW to drop and get to 34.

Gonna return to Crota and be like "what now motherfucker!" only to get bitchcheese-slapped by Crota after he jumps down from his platform.

Can't wait for HoW to drop and get to 34.

Gonna return to Crota and be like "what now motherfucker!" only to get bitchcheese-slapped by Crota after he jumps down from his platform.

he's been replaced!

300px-Crow.jpg

noomi

Morning DGaf!

Todays mission, get Nuszka his 1st Fatebringer. Hard VoG run tonight, either fresh or starting @ oracles.

At this point all I want is loots for my crew, he will have it!

Namikaze1

So not looking forward to doing "story" 3x to unlock PoE on May 19.

I'm probably gonna end up buying Vendor armor to get myself to 33. Though I have a feeling some of the hardcore folks out there will be 34 by day 2 since they'll be deleting characters and creating new ones to get that sole Etheric Light drop from PoE and trying their luck in Nightfall.

Edit: not a feeling. I know they will do it.

Deku Tree

Trying to get that ghost hunter trophy is so damn boring. :(

I also thought I had my relic hunter trophy done but I guess I missed a few as well, I guess Guardian Lord will have to wait till next month or when ever Bungie decides to give us Salvage again.

Congrats on the Flawless!
Congrats to the new Flawless raiders!

Namikaze1

I just realized everyone here could have a single guardian at 34 by the end of the first day if they send over the Etheric Light they get on their other two guardians to their main guardian. You have 3 pieces of legendary gear ready to ascend. Put on an exotic of choice, waste an exotic shard, and profit.

noomi

I'm probably gonna end up buying Vendor armor to get myself to 33. Though I have a feeling some of the hardcore folks out there will be 34 by day 2 since they'll be deleting characters and creating new ones to get that sole Etheric Light drop from PoE and trying their luck in Nightfall.

Yeah.... depending on how long the story is, could go quickly or be super annoying. Either way with a team of 3 people maybe it'll go quickly? Lets hope...

Then running all the arenas (lvl 28, 32, 34, 35) 4 times across 3 characters as well to get everything done.... busy busy. Won't have anymore time for VoG or Crota after HoW hits....

I just realized everyone here could have a single guardian at 34 by the end of the first day if they send over the Etheric Light they get on their other two guardians to their main guardian. You have 3 pieces of legendary gear ready to ascend. Put on an exotic of choice, waste an exotic shard, and profit.

This is my plan exactly, and the reason I have 3 hunters. They all run the same content, and all the goodies go to my main hunter :D

I feel like I've missed out on a lot though..... 750hours played and I've never touched the Titan or Warlock classes.... also the only thing preventing my from getting the platinum trophy :(

Deku Tree

I been saying that for a while now. But I'm not 100% sure that etheric light is a guaranteed NF drop.

34 titan incoming :p

Namikaze1

Upon further realization, I realized that you really only need 2 Etheric light since beating the level 32 PoE gets you an armor core that you can use to get one of the PoE armor already fully ascended. Sucks that it's only one piece a week though. You can give that third Etheric light to your second best.

I feel like I've missed out on a lot though..... 750hours played and I've never touched the Titan or Warlock classes.... also the only thing preventing my from getting the platinum trophy :(

Whut?! Shame on you noomi! ;-)
I main a Warlock, but haven't really played with him since I made my Titan.

Namikaze1

Y'all can ignore my rambling. I'm just stressing out over this final I have in under an hour.

Gotta tell the bro to level up some shit while I'm gone. Just need to put xp towards 1 exotic nd I'm done doing so.

Hedera

It is for PoE. But you only get one. Not sure if you only get just one a week or 1 per different PoE level difficulty.
I believe it's a guaranteed drop from the level 34 and 35. Level 32 gets you reputation and an armor core. Also good luck on your exam!

noomi

Whut?! Shame on you noomi! ;-)
I main a Warlock, but haven't really played with him since I made my Titan.

I always said that once I got the Hawkmoon I would delete one of my hunters and start a Titan class. I just can't be bothered to go through the whole story again... I just... can't.

Seems super fun though, I want to be a bubble bro!

Y'all can ignore my rambling. I'm just stressing out over this final I have in under an hour.

Gotta tell the bro to level up some shit while I'm gone. Just need to put xp towards 1 exotic nd I'm done doing so.

nami's gonna nami!

Good luck on your final dude, I heard if you doodle some Destiny related stuff on your paper you can get extra points!

Deku Tree

Upon further realization, I realized that you really only need 2 Etheric light since beating the level 32 PoE gets you an armor core that you can use to get one of the PoE armor already fully ascended. Sucks that it's only one piece a week though. You can give that third Etheric light to your second best.

After doing PoE 32 we all gonna be level 33 at least! Good luck on your last final!

Zoidberg

The thing to remember here is that he only sells one piece of gear a week, so you can transfer all the cores you want, but you wont be 34 the first week outside of being very lucky with etheric light drops. Have they confirmed etheric light as being obtainable from story missions? I think they'd want to prolong the content as long as possible, and people having 3 on day one would ruin that.

Namikaze1

I believe it's a guaranteed drop from the level 34 and 35. Level 32 gets you reputation and an armor core. Also good luck on your exam!
Just went to reddit and you're correct. Still stand by my first post about the most hardcore being 34 by Day 2. And thanks! :)

I always said that once I got the Hawkmoon I would delete one of my hunters and start a Titan class. I just can't be bothered to go through the whole story again... I just... can't.

Seems super fun though, I want to be a bubble bro!

nami's gonna nami!

Good luck on your final dude, I heard if you doodle some Destiny related stuff on your paper you can get extra points!
It isn't a paper. It's a presentation. I'm not a fan of them.

After doing PoE 32 we all gonna be level 33 at least! Good luck on your last final!
Yeah, I'm definitely hitting 33 first since I went to reddit to read a bit more on HoW.

Namikaze1

The thing to remember here is that he only sells one piece of gear a week, so you can transfer all the cores you want, but you wont be 34 the first week outside of being very lucky with etheric light drops. Have they confirmed etheric light as being obtainable from story missions? I think they'd want to prolong the content as long as possible, and people having 3 on day one would ruin that.
We all know he only sells one piece of armor and that will suck tremendously for folks with 3 guardians of the same class (noomi)

The transferring stuff in my post was referring to Etheric light, not cores. As for Etheric light, they only drop in PoE (level difficulty 34 and 35), ToO, Nightfall, and rank 3 + 5 of IB.

Namikaze1

So the quickest way to 34 for all 3 guardians in just a week at the moment is to ascend one legendary gear on each, one exotic on each, spend the armor core on each, and get the ToO armor being sold on each. Though, I would wait till ToO is up before ascending stuff just in case both PoE and ToO vendors are selling the same armor type and figure what needs to be ascended. And that's if ToO is available that first week.

I need to get off and focus on this damn presentation I'll be doing soon!

Don't know if someone already posted this and if so I'm sorry.
But according to IGN the NFs and Weeklies won't be the same strike anymore, which sounds like great news to me.
Although Bungie already admitted that it will be heavily DLC loaded in the beginning, so prepare for Shadow Thief NF and Omnigul Weekly and viceversa for a couple of weeks.

IGN article

ocean

Banned

Vendor Armor is +36 Light or +42 once ascended no? I don't think it'll take you to 33/34 without Etheric Light.

But according to IGN the NFs and Weeklies won't be the same strike anymore, which sounds like great news to me.
Although Bungie already admitted that it will be heavily DLC loaded in the beginning, so prepare for Shadow Thief NF and Omnigul Weekly and viceversa for a couple of weeks.

IGN article

at least shadow thief looks like a nice strike

noomi

IGN article

I read about this yesterday. I for one welcome this change, it will be nice to have separate weeklies, noone likes running the same strike 6 times across nightfalls/weeklies.

Zoidberg

Yeah vendor gear is all capped at 36 light, its a quick way to 32, but won't go past that. 33 is achievable first day after 32 PoE + an ascended exotic.

Deku Tree

The go to elemental burn primaries will be

Void: Word of Crota
Solar: VoC
Arc: Fatebringer/Fang

I just re-need to collect two more VoC and then I'll have three of each.

ocean

Banned
Vendor will get you to 33 only. It needs to be ascended for 34.
I ask because the pictures of vendor armor only had perk bubbles and the ascend node.

It looks like they are 36 Light and can only be ascended to 42. You'd reach 33 if you had an Ascended Exotic and an Ascended Legendary plus two non ascended pieces. Unless I'm mistaken, you seem to suggest vendor gear will go to 33 without Etheric Light but I don't see how that would be the case?

0HUJd34.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom