• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made you an avatar, because I don't like yours.

wfuJwwO.png

nJ3rr8q.png
LOL

jett

D-Member
0HUJd34.png

For a full set:

Level 32 right off the bat (36 Light). If you Ascend it it'll go to 34 (42 Light).

Edit: I totally misread your post and my reply makes no sense now. Someone get that Jim Carrey "who are you talking to" gif :p

Nah, you made HoW more clear to me. That's New Monarchy gear, so indeed all gear will start at 36 light and not need ass-mats anymore.

So what's the community overall opinion on the better armor for HoW (aesthetics and function)? Trials of Osiris, Prison of Elders, or some vanguard gear?

The question I have is if I get a foil to drop in VoG after the DLC will it still require ascendant energy? Or will it be updated to just require leveling up its ability nodes like the HoW gear?

GutZ31

So what's the community overall opinion on the better armor for HoW (aesthetics and function)? Trials of Osiris, Prison of Elders, or some vanguard gear?

0 opinions as of now. I plan to mix and match to make something that looks like my own, and not forced to just used the highest light level stuff anymore.

nOoblet16

I've read them but I'm a lore nerd :)

I want that platinum, but I'm dreading getting the flawless raider trophy.
I'm a lore nerd too but I know for a fact that this was an afterthought and because of that I have no interest. Because I know it wasn't written passionately and was done "as a job" rather than written to "tell a story". Funny yea, but it affects the way I look at it.

It was an afterthought because they fired the guy who was writing the story and had to change the game drastically in the last year or so (which is why you still have cutscenes that make no sense). And then they hired another writer to write Grimoire cards to write whatever they could scrape from the previous guy's work.

WipedOut

I went back and looked to make sure - Trials gear that drops during the matches is only Light level 36 Gear, to get the 42 level gear you have to get the armor from the Trials Vendor or ascend the dropped gear. Think this will be the same for PoE?

Capture.png

So any word on the new Prison Of Elder primary weapons having a elemental damage or not?
The only good news is that they seem to have been completely removed from DestinyDB and DestinyTracker. PlanetDestiny is the only one that kept them up, so maybe the missing elemental/damage perks is due to them being changed around in the database.

https://destinytracker.com/Forums/P...-house-of-wolves-dlc-new-gear-and-more-leaked

Click on the Raid primaries. They used to show up with the hand cannon having solar and the scout having void, etc. Interestingly, the pulse was supposed to have arc, so all three raid pulses were going to have arc.

The PlanetDestiny weapons: http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/270944925

And then a reminder of what the gear was: http://i.imgur.com/PBQFn20.jpg

I went back and looked to make sure - Trials gear that drops during the matches is only Light 36 Gear, to get the 365 gear you have to get the armor from the Trials Vendor or ascend the dropped gear. Think this will be the same for PoE?
I'm not so sure about that. There seems to be two or three different Osiris sets. One of them is a little more generic, and that might be what was dropping and starts at level 32.

I'm a lore nerd too but I know for a fact that this was an afterthought and because of that I have no interest. Because I know it wasn't written passionately and was done "as a job" rather than written to "tell a story". Funny yea, but it affects the way I look at it.

It was an afterthought because they fired the guy who was writing the story and had to change the game drastically in the last year or so (which is why you still have cutscenes that make no sense). And then they hired another writer to write Grimoire cards to write whatever they could scrape from the previous guy's work.

I agree that it's harder to care since there's a good chance there isn't any over reaching story at all, and the threads really don't connect. The Grimoire cards have cool sounding things, but I don't think there is any actual information in them that will/does matter. Any connections the community makes probably go far beyond any real (Bungie) connections.

noomi

The only good news is that they seem to have been completely removed from DestinyDB and DestinyTracker. PlanetDestiny is the only one that kept them up, so maybe the missing elemental/damage perks is due to them being changed around in the database.

https://destinytracker.com/Forums/P...-house-of-wolves-dlc-new-gear-and-more-leaked

Click on the Raid primaries. They used to show up with the hand cannon having solar and the scout having void, etc. Interestingly, the pulse was supposed to have arc, so all three raid pulses were going to have arc.

The PlanetDestiny weapons: http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/270944925

And then a reminder of what the gear was: http://i.imgur.com/PBQFn20.jpg

I'm not so sure about that. There seems to be two or three different Osiris sets. One of them is a little more generic, and that might be what was dropping and starts at level 32.

I really hope so, not having elemental damage on the new weapons would make me not want to even use them :/ Either way, thanks for the info dude.

Narmer got Narmerhorn?
Playstation-4-Commerical-Mind-Blown-Gif.gif

Woot!!! GRATS NARMER, it's a good week for loot, Drizz gets some Thunder, Narmer get Horny!

Maddocks

Finally got my 3rd character to level 20 and then put on the gear to make it level 26. here comes the hard part, grinding me light 33 gear to max to get crota gear. Going to be interesting. But at least now I have 6 chances at the gorgon chest to not get the hawkmoon or ghorn.

Daemul

The Titan Arena gear looks as atrocious and over designed as both Titan Raid gears did, so I'm not wasting my time going for that, I'll just focus on getting the weapons.

The Titan ToO gear looks alright, but the lack of exciting perks on the gear mean I probably won't waste much time going after them tbh.

The Titan vendor gear looks amazing, especially the Crucible one. Tower gear has always been better looking than end game gear, but no one wore it because it didn't get you to max light level. Now that this has changed, I'll be sticking with it for good.

Homeboyd

I don't care what the armor looks like at all... Perks and stats are the only thing that matter. Though looking ridiculous is always fun. I was the guy rocking Hayabusa with a katana in Halo just bc of dumb it looked. Go for the stuff that matters when trying to figure out what armor you want imo.

LTWood12

For the first month or so I'm not going to give two shits about the armor's utility or aesthetic
(okay I'll care about the aesthetic)
. Going to be all about what I can get my hands on to get to 34. If it means I have to wear that crazy-ass Titan Helmet then so be it.

I should've kept my three titans :(

ToO Egyptian gear is the best looking. Fallen themed Titan helm with wings is horrible.

Deku I want you to grind with me for ToO gear. You understand how amazing it looks haha. Plus I feel like fewer people will own it because of the requirement.

0 opinions as of now. I plan to mix and match to make something that looks like my own, and not forced to just used the highest light level stuff anymore.

That's interesting and unique, I think I plan to keep one full set and only one full set. I don't think perks mean that much to me where I would want to mix around.

Prison of Gjallarhorn spamming

It was upsetting to watch Deej and Broman shoot ghorn and miss with them. .

The Titan Arena gear looks as atrocious and over designed as both Titan Raid gears did, so I'm not wasting my time going for that, I'll just focus on getting the weapons.

The Titan ToO gear looks alright, but the lack of exciting perks on the gear mean I probably won't waste much time going after them tbh.

The Titan vendor gear looks amazing, especially the Crucible one. Tower gear has always been better looking than end game gear, but no one wore it because it didn't get you to max light level. Now that this has changed, I'll be sticking with it for good.

I think the ToO perks will be some of the best and most versatile for both PVE and PVP but I haven't seen the vendor perks. HoW armor looks so bad, I don't know why people would grind for it besides just to hit 34--but you can just buy vendor or level up your old gear.

--

I can't wait to see people in different gear, no more of every guardian wearing the newest raid gear.

Only things I'm missing are VoG armor for my 3 classes.

Hunter - Need Chest
Warlock - Need Arms
TItan - Need Legs.

So close to having complete sets for all classes.

Just poking fun :p Waiting for RNGesus to grant certain gears sucks and there is noting you can do about it.

Deku Tree

Deku I want you to grind with me for ToO gear. You understand how amazing it looks haha. Plus I feel like fewer people will own it because of the requirement.

That's interesting and unique, I think I plan to keep one full set and only one full set. I don't think perks mean that much to me where I would want to mix around.

It was upsetting to watch Deej and Broman shoot ghorn and miss with them. .

I think the ToO perks will be some of the best and most versatile for both PVE and PVP but I haven't seen the vendor perks. HoW armor looks so bad, I don't know why people would grind for it besides just to hit 34--but you can just buy vendor or level up your old gear.

--

I can't wait to see people in different gear, no more of every guardian wearing the newest raid gear.

I'll grind ToO with you Darryl for sure. That Egyptian armor is pretty sweet.

LTWood12

What's the appeal of ascending VoG armor? Looks? Won't the new stuff have perks that are more useful for HoW content?

Well the VoG gauntlets give you more super energy from killing from Praetorians or Oracles, which could be useful in the Vex room of Prison of Elders. But overall yeah, I'd say aesthetics. I like the Titan VoG helmet alot better than the CE one, but the CE on has better perks in this case, so I'd probably bit the bullet and ascend that one. Probably still be using Saint-14 for PoE though the more I think about it.

What's the appeal of ascending VoG armor? Looks? Won't the new stuff have perks that are more useful for HoW content?

I think the Vex specific perks on VoG armor should help when going into the Vex room. Same with CE gear and the Hive room. If I had to guess, the reason you go back to the hub after each PoE round is to have the time to switch gear around.

ocean

Banned
For the first month or so I'm not going to give two shits about the armor's utility or aesthetic
(okay I'll care about the aesthetic)
. Going to be all about what I can get my hands on to get to 34. If it means I have to wear that crazy-ass Titan Helmet then so be it.

I should've kept my three titans :(
Int+Dis+HC Speed Reload Gauntlets is my goal. Won't settle for less even if the rush to 34 is real.

Deku Tree

I think the Vex specific perks on VoG armor should help when going into the Vex room. Same with CE gear and the Hive room. If I had to guess, the reason you go back to the hub after each PoE round is to have the time to switch gear around.

I think the VoG armor only has VoG specific perks.

The new CE and PoE armors though have hive and fallen specific perks.

Daemul

I don't care what the armor looks like at all... Perks and stats are the only thing that matter. Though looking ridiculous is always fun. I was the guy rocking Hayabusa with a katana in Halo just bc of dumb it looked. Go for the stuff that matters when trying to figure out what armor you want imo.

The good thing about tower vendors is that it's easier to get armour with the stats and perks that you're looking for without needing to rely on RNG like you need to with Raid gear.

If for example you're looking for gear which focuses on Intellect and Discipline, then all you need to do is go to the Crucible Vendor and/or Future War Cult Vendor and they'll have what you're looking for, along with a wide variety of perks on the armour for you to choose from.

It always annoyed me greatly just how easily I could just buy the perfect set of armour with all the perfect stats and perfect perks from the vendors, but I couldn't fucking use it in the endgame content due to the light level being below max, meaning that I had to pray to RNGesus to drop Raid armour with the exact same perfect stats and perks, something which was just not going to happen.

ocean

Banned

Nothing too special but there's a Orbs on Vex melee/crit perk around there in one of the armor pieces. Wouldn't be surprised if there were Praetorians in the Prison and there's also some armor perks for them. Nothing too significant but it's fun that we'll be able to play around with builds this way.

Homeboyd

One difference is the VoG chest allows for more ammo of a specifc gun type and all special weapons vs CE only allows for more ammo of a specifc gun type and another specific gun type. So VoG chest is better in that regard.

rNilla

Other perks say "in the Vault of glass" in them though.

I guess the helmets are of use for those extra orbs.

This OT really should have been called Venus Glass Rush. The current title could have been the next OT when HoW is actually out.
But it would still be bad.

On the last section of Nightfall. Anyone can join. PSN: Rentaline

no mic tho, on spotify lol

Still need someone?

If not then anyone need a NF? Psn same as gaf

Edit. Cheers rentaline. Nice and easy that one! Looking forward to decrypting my engram to shards.

noomi

Well, for me it's just completion. I have a full VoG set and a full Crota set. I plan to have each of those as well as the new HoW armor set at level 34.

Each of of my 3 hunters will have a level 34 set from each raid/encounter. Same goes for all the VoG/TDB/HoW weapons as well. :)

*edit*

Top! Hawkmoon from last night :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom