• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amar212

I ask because the pictures of vendor armor only had perk bubbles and the ascend node.

It looks like they are 36 Light and can only be ascended to 42. You'd reach 33 if you had an Ascended Exotic and an Ascended Legendary plus two non ascended pieces. Unless I'm mistaken, you seem to suggest vendor gear will go to 33 without Etheric Light but I don't see how that would be the case?

Yes, I read it same as you.

All HoW vendor gear (crucible/vanguard/factions) will be 36Light (LV32) and will reach 42 Light (LV34) once "Ascended" with Etheric light.

I presume the same will happen with ToE/PoE gear. It remains to bee seen will the ToE gear be actually Exotic or Legendary items.

I presume that all Exotics will need Exotic Shard for "ascending" to 42 Light (LV34).

ocean

Banned
Yes, I read it same as you.

All HoW vendor gear (crucible/vanguard/factions) will be 36Light (LV32) and will reach 42 Light (LV34) once "Ascended" with Etheric light.

I presume the same will happen with ToE/PoE gear. It remains to bee seen will the ToE gear be actually Exotic or Legendary items.

I presume that all Exotics will need Exotic Shard for "ascending" to 42 Light (LV34).
The armor bought with Cores from the PoE vendor is 42 Light right off the bat, no need to Ascend it. Likewise with ToO gear you buy at 42/365.

Lima

Vendor will get you to 33 only. It needs to be ascended for 34.

Vendor gear will get you to 32. Everything is 36 light. Same as weapons. Vendor weapons have 331 attack and need to be ascended to 365.

One 42 exotic and one ascended legendary will get you to 33.

Kyne

"House of Wolves, in general, is going to make the Crucible experience that much better. So we're across the board doubling rewards; reps, mark, glimmer, engrams."

Doubling the marks and rep for Crucible is great. I'm impressed with what they are doing for PvP.

I agree. As someone who prob plays pvp 60% of the time I'm on destiny it's a very good thing to read.

Also, in b4 the destiny forums are filled with "LFG 1.0+ K/D ratio for ToO"..

Fuck that, you are running the relic, and you will like it!

Why are you on my friend's list??

Really though, it is great for everyone to be comfortable with the relic so if anything happens, there is always someone able to pick it up.
The atheon fight is a whole lot easier with 6 players that don't feel bad picking up the relic. I strongly suggest everyone that hasn't run the relic to take some time and just get familiar with how it works.
The game doesn't let you play around with it on your own like the crota sword did, so you can only really experiment with it in the raid.
Ask for some learning time, or get the checkpoint and go in by yourself to not waste time for others.
It is fun, you feel useful, and it helps everyone.

I think that is great advise. There is a sense of urgency for everyone to get a fatebringer right now. So once I get my first, I'll use one of the other saves before that point to practice running the relic.

Lima

What will be done with all the shards? Any use for them?

They will still be used for your old weapons and gear.

The rest you can turn in at the speaker in the tower to get glimmer or motes of light.

1 shard/energy equals 250 glimmer.

2 shards/energies will get you 1 mote of light.

Deku Tree

They will still be used for your old weapons and gear.

The rest you can turn in at the speaker in the tower to get glimmer or motes of light.

1 shard/energy equals 250 glimmer.

2 shards/energies will get you 1 mote of light.

Energies are worth less because they need to be converted to shards before they can be traded in to the speaker.

That was only my third time ever and the little I got to contribute to went swimmingly. I need to find a way to play with you guys more often. No yelling or pressure, just people doing their thing.

I learned more by being quiet and watching the mechanics unfold than the two other times I've run any part of it and had folks yelling like bansheesProfessor Broman.
ftfy

GutZ31

Why are you on my friend's list??

I think that is great advise. There is a sense of urgency for everyone to get a fatebringer right now. So once I get my first, I'll use one of the other saves before that point to practice running the relic.

I have Templar checkpoint if you would like to experiment.

That squeaky fake creepy voice is gonna get super annoying extremely fast!

Edit: true top of page!

Deku, pls.

Shito

Running the relic or the sword are probably my favorite things in the raids. It's a nice change of pace, and they both require some subtlety to it. Running the sword as a hunter takes the crown, though: once you get the blink strike trick down, it's a real joy each time for me, up to the point where I hardly want to run sword on my warlock or titan anymore.

That talk about making the NF and weekly different is bringing some joy in my heart, also.

Lima

Energies are worth less because they need to be converted to shards before they can be traded in to the speaker.

Just checked. Correct thanks for pointing that out. Although it is only 50 glimmer so no that big of a deal.

On a different note this Hunter hard mode Crota solo is pissing me off. The amount of times I killed myself with that stupid trip mine is insane. Warlock and especially Titan since you can block Boomer shots were so easy compared to this. I'm about to kill my cat if this continues.

Hyun Sai

We all know he only sells one piece of armor and that will suck tremendously for folks with 3 guardians of the same class (noomi)

Not really. Like before, once one of his guardians is max level, all of them are, especially with the easier way to switch stuff outside the tower.

noomi

Running the relic or the sword are probably my favorite things in the raids. It's a nice change of pace, and they both require some subtlety to it. Running the sword as a hunter takes the crown, though: once you get the blink strike trick down, it's a real joy each time for me, up to the point where I hardly want to run sword on my warlock or titan anymore.

That talk about making the NF and weekly different is bringing some joy in my heart, also.

Completely agree, doing the relic and sword are really great moments in gaming for me. Especially when something goes wrong and then you need to quickly improvise your timing and strategy to get through it, I live for those close calls.

<3

Anyone looking to do, or willing to help with a flawless crota raid tonight?

Just need that, and the strike party trophies to get Guardian Lord!
AW MAN! ZW!!! as i'm sure you saw, we did those very same activities last night. :(
if you get a group together and need 1, let me know and i'd be glad to lend a hand.

jett

D-Member
You can use marks to purchase max 32 light gear or 331 weapons from vanguard/crucible/faction vendors. Any gear purchased in HoW will start at 32 light or 331 damage, they have had all damage/armor bubbles removed and only have the perks to level. If you use an etheric light (possible drop from nightfall, trials, IB and guaranteed from 34/35 PoE) you can ascend that 32 light gear up to 34 or a 331 weapon up to 365.

The only way to get base 34 gear, or 365 weapons, is through these cores or the top tier trials gear.

Getting to 34 for someone who doesn't frequent a discussion board of some sort would be pretty confusing.

Depending on how rare etheric light is, it may take just as long to get to 34 the PoE/Trials way as it would to just wait it out and ascend what ever gear you want to.

What? So the weapons and armor currently sold will stay at the same level they currently are when HoW hits?

Kyne

In retrospect is asking for someone with a decent KD ratio really all that bad? If you're 8/9 on wins and 2/3 on losses do you really want to gamble with someone who can possibly ruin it for you? It's sort of in the old mindset of HM raids "requiring" lvl 32 and Gjallarhorn..

Ah well. I'm sure we won't really have that problem on GAF.

boofa

Neo Member
So in the stream yesterday, they were disarming the mines like control points in crucible. In the IGN video they were just shooting them to blow them up. Are those 2 different types of challenges, or can you do it either way?

nOoblet16

I am glad I am not crazy about Grimoire score like some people here lol.

I find it to be a waste of time with no particular sense of accomplishment, atleast with Guardian Lord you get a platinum trophy added to your account. I've never read even one grimoire card, I don't even know where to find them.

Zoidberg

What? So the weapons and armor currently sold will stay at the same level they currently are when HoW hits?

Basically yeah, current vendor gear has 36 light with 331 weapons after levelling. New HoW vendor gear starts with 36 light and weapons at 331. This is because they removed all damage+ bubbles from new gear - a great addition to the dlc.

rNilla

So in the stream yesterday, they were disarming the mines like control points in crucible. In the IGN video they were just shooting them to blow them up. Are those 2 different types of challenges, or can you do it either way?
Two different challenges.

jett

D-Member
Basically yeah, current vendor gear has 36 light with 331 weapons after levelling. New HoW vendor gear starts with 36 light and weapons at 331. This is because they removed all damage+ bubbles from new gear - a great addition to the dlc.

You're mistaken, currently it's 33 light gear max. I doubt the crucible/vanguard/faction gear will stay the same with HoW.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I find it to be a waste of time with no particular sense of accomplishment, atleast with Guardian Lord you get a platinum trophy added to your account. I've never read even one grimoire card, I don't even know where to find them.

I've read them but I'm a lore nerd :)

I want that platinum, but I'm dreading getting the flawless raider trophy.

GutZ31

Completely agree, doing the relic and sword are really great moments in gaming for me. Especially when something goes wrong and then you need to quickly improvise your timing and strategy to get through it, I live for those close calls.

<3

I made you an avatar, because I don't like yours.

wfuJwwO.png

nJ3rr8q.png

FyreWulff

two different types

ocean

Banned
You're mistaken, currently it's 33 light gear max. I doubt the crucible/vanguard/faction gear will stay the same with HoW.
0HUJd34.png

For a full set:

Level 32 right off the bat (36 Light). If you Ascend it it'll go to 34 (42 Light).

Edit: I totally misread your post and my reply makes no sense now. Someone get that Jim Carrey "who are you talking to" gif :p

noomi

I don't care too much about grimoire either, I've been sitting on around 2400 for a few months. I'm missing a bunch of hidden ghosts that would probably give me 100 or so extra. Oh well :p

I made you an avatar, because I don't like yours.

wfuJwwO.png

nJ3rr8q.png

Dude..... DUDE! I'm using it, thanks!

But why u no leik my avatar? It's from: https://youtu.be/7pSmhZFbCy0?t=93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom